Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Options
    James Nursey is usually on the money when when it comes to scoops. He broke the news that we were signing Leon Clarke.
  • Options
    If he went for that money, everybody would undertsand - I suspect th ereplacement will come from the emergency loan window. MAybe it will allow Chrissy to bring a couple in.
  • Options
    if we are in for quinn and we get 2.5m for stephens, then sheff utd's value of quinn will all of a sudden increase by 1.5m.
  • Options
    Incoming players wages and signing on fees would have to be paid without discount but this business of receiving a transfer fee based in part on installments add ons and based on ifs and buts ( appearances / international caps etc. ) works both ways . How badly do Sheffield need money for Quinn and whatever the knocked down fee that we are able to negotiate with them is ,the should also be expected to accept a deal based on ifs and buts for him .cashflow position ought then to be neutralized mas far as possible.Broker advice on the asset Stephens : Sell
  • Options
    I know it's the The Sun, but they are saying everton, Newcastle and Sunderland are also in for Stephens.

Crazy.
  • Options

I know it's the The Sun, but they are saying everton, Newcastle and Sunderland are also in for Stephens.

Crazy.

So they are just quoting what was on the Sky Sports website 2 days ago!!
  • Options
    Anything above £500k for Stephens is a great deal for us - £2.5m would be outstanding.
  • Options
    You watch after all this speculation he will end up staying. Is that such a bad thing ????
  • Options
    eug72 said:

You watch after all this speculation he will end up staying. Is that such a bad thing ????

It could be. You'd have to wonder if his head would have been turned having thought he was about to play in the Premier League.
  • Options
    Don't forget that starting from £10 you can be part of the Charlton Life shirt sponsorship.

Any player sponsored by CL can not be sold* so keep those players at the Club

*players may be sold
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    For anyOne to Play tomorrow the player must sign by midday
  • Options
    IF Stephens does go I hope we bring in a replacement, as I think we would be seriously weakened if we don't
  • Options
    That's the thing for villa and us to bring anyone in that won't affect the potential plans for the weekend it has to be done by midday and a replacement signed by midday
  • Options
    If we owe 10% on the sell on clause for Stephens, could see Clarke going as i beleive Oldham enquired about him early in the transfer window
  • Options
    In the words of Kevin Mcallister

This is it. Theres no turning back now.
  • Options
    French deadline is Tuesday ?!?

Just saying ....
  • Options
    Oui
  • Options
    Brrrr it's cold in here. Will someone shut that bloody window quickly!!!
  • Options
    It's blowing a dale in here :-)
  • Options
    Who's it ?
    Name the dirty trollop !!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Villa have signed Jordan Bowery from Chesterfield. Bit of a strange one imo.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    mart77 said:

Indeed. A 1 in 8 Div Three striker.
  • Options
    Allardyce on SSN said no more incomings today only Maynard to Cardiff. Fingers crossed!
  • Options
    Cawley states Stephens will go to Villa today - but Solly deal is nonsense.
  • Options
    rumours that villa have had a bid accepted for dempsey of fulham, can't see dale being wanted there if true.
  • Options
    mart77 said:

Sort of signing if I was dale would drive me back to se7
  • Options

Cawley states Stephens will go to Villa today - but Solly deal is nonsense.

So Solly will go and dale will stay in that case
  • Options
    edited August 2012

So now the acid test, if thats true. How will we strengthen the team.

You dont get promoted and then weaken your midfield in the process, so we have to get a top class guy in to replace him.

• Options
    Neither will go
  • Options
    Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP
    Villa still pushing for Dale Stephens, reckon #cafc will strike a deal today.

Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP
    Also was told last night that Chris Solly rumour to Bolton and West Ham was "nonsense". I know #cafc fans will be hoping that is the case!

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!