Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Options
    cambi22 said:

What time does the window shut tomorrow

11 pm
  • Options
    30.08.12SECTIONSSEARCHHome > Top NewsDouble standards: Villa close in on late deals for Benteke and StephensBy James Nursey |

Aston Villa aim to pull off a double swoop for Christian Benteke and Dale Stephens today.

Villa owner Randy Lerner has told new boss Paul Lambert to invest in young players, having already completed the signing of Middlesbrough left-back Joe Bennett.MirrorSport understands Villa have increased their offer for Genk striker Benteke, 21, to £7million.And the clubs are involved in negotiations with the Belgium club initially demanding £15m for their star marksman.

Villa hope to get their man though as Benteke plans to speak to Genk officials to push the deal ahead.Lambert is also after a holding midfielder with Charlton schemer Stephens, 24, in his sights.Villa have had two bids rejected for Stephens but hope to land the starlet for £2.5m.Lambert has also made a late move to sign Lazio's ex-Birmingham City forward Mauro Zarate.
  • Options
    I'm sure Stephens is 22 but that's the 2nd Villa story I've read saying he is 24.
  • Options
    Johnno ‏@TheInsider_2012

#whufc unlikely to be any further signings after that barring the capture of Solly if an agreement can be reached
  • Options
    £2.5 mill would be a decent deal but it's all about how we replace him. 24 hours and it's all over.
  • Options
    I think solly will stay now tbh if stephens fee is true and he goes
  • Options
    I think we are getting ripped off if we only sell Solly for £2.5 Mill TBH.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    My mistake, i would be delighted with 2.5 million for stephens if we have replacements lined up.

Same for Solly would be a joke, especially it being West Ham.
  • Options
    2.5m for Stephens!

Golly gosh we would have done well there !!!
  • Options
    However gutting it would be, have to admit £2.5m would be very good business, for a yet unproven midfielder at Champ level, let alone Prem. Will be a tense day for many fans tomorrow. Suspect Spurs fans have a lot to look forward to....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If we got £2.5M for Stephens I would be stunned - people have differing views of the player - i am not his biggest fan although clearly has potential, however financially a great bit of business by the Board if the "add ons" to get to the figure are not too ridiculous! Still The Mirror said Button was £500K and that was utter rubbish.
  • Options
    Excellent money for Stephens.

IF IF IF

We have a TOP CLASS replacement lined up.
  • Options
    Think Stephens' delivery from the set piece is pivotal to our chances of a comfortable first season back at this level. In saying that though, 2.5m would be fantastic. Can't see it being anywhere near that much however.
  • Options

Think Stephens' delivery from the set piece is pivotal to our chances of a comfortable first season back at this level. In saying that though, 2.5m would be fantastic. Can't see it being anywhere near that much however.

Agree with the point re: delivery. As such, Quinn would be a must for me, along with Reo Coker too.

Any fee worth anything like £2.5m would afford them too, and leave money in the bank as well.

• Options
    Anyway £2.5 Mill for Stephens and Villa are getting ripped off. : )

They can have him for that much as long as we've got a good replacement lined up. However the real likely hood is the fee will be undisclosed and we will never know if its actually the £2.5 mill or not.
  • Options
    So, supposedly, lambert has Been told to do the deal and scp doesn't want to sell him and the clock is ticking...if there is any truth in the rumour it would seem like scp is holding all the cards
  • Options
    we'd be crazy to sell at this late in the window
  • Options
    Not for 2.5 mil for a player like Stephens

SCP will have a plan and back up and all I read on here is that dale takes a good dead ball

Sell him IMO
  • Options
    You'd have to be mental not to sell Stephens for 2.5 mill you could get a replacement as good a him if not better for about 500k or for free (Reo-Coker, Akos Buszaky).
  • Options
    Can't believe they would have offered 2.5mil. If they have sell
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Seems a ridiculous amount for dale
  • Options
    If it's £2.5m up front and we have a replacement lined up that's a lot of money for where Stephens is at the moment.

If its £1m or so plus clauses and our plan is to just move Jackson inside then no.
  • Options
    Agree
  • Options
    Do Oldham get anything?
  • Options
    I think the plan would be to move Pritchard inside and we may see an addition or utilise what we have

I don't dislike Stephens but I don't think we can turn down that much on a player like him

When SCP does make subs so far this season it has been jj and Stephens that have made way and cook and kerchar coming on

With Pritchard dropping in the middle and cook going wide

It would weaken the squad but you also have to wonder where fuller will play

2.5 million thanks dale good luck god bless but see ya
  • Options
    TBH I would have sold Stephens for £500K.
  • Options
    Oldham get 10 percent of whatever the amount is
  • Options
    I think it would be excellent business if Stephens leaves for 2.5mil or so. If we managed to grab Reo-Coker on a free and signed a winger, say Quinn, then that would be great IMO
  • Options

Oldham get 10 percent of whatever the amount is

Oldham get 10 per cent of the profit

• Options
    2.5m my arse
    We'd do well if we got 1m up front
    Its prolly 10k a week for a 3 year contract so there's 1.5m and then 750k up front rising to a mill if they stay up

Obviously all undisclosed if it happens

Pritchard is all hussle and bustle but hasn't anywhere near the natural ability of stephens and as for kerkar being involved no thanks ....... If stephens goes we will need a replacement, the mighty Quinn would be good and Reo Coker would swallow all and more of any stephens deal in wages so not feasible imo
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!