Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Options

Valley11 said:

Valley11 said:

CP told newshopper there's only been one bid for one of our players-and that's believed to be Stephens.

I thought it was Solly ?
    Newshopper reckons its Stephens.
    I'm waiting on Rich Cawley's opinion on this
    Probably thinks it's Hughes!!
    Bryan?
    Mark ?
    Howard?
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

Valley11 said:

Valley11 said:

CP told newshopper there's only been one bid for one of our players-and that's believed to be Stephens.

I thought it was Solly ?
    Personally think the NS is far more reliable.

Well I think the OS is more reliable

(in your face !!!)
  • Options

Valley11 said:

Valley11 said:

I thought it was Solly ?
    Bryan?
    Mark ?
    Howard?
    Brown? What an advert!
  • Options

Valley11 said:

Valley11 said:

I thought it was Solly ?
    Bryan?
    Mark ?
    Howard?
    Brown? What an advert!
    Erm .. what ?
  • Options
    boggzy said:

People still don't seem to have gathered that Chris Powell is basically a spin-doctor in front of the press, even in his post-match-interviews you can take *everything* with a pinch of salt, it's all measured, and spun, like a politician. It has to be - that's just football nowadays, and has been like that at CAFC for some years.

Don't get me wrong, I love the bloke as much as we all do, I just think people should have learned by now not to hang on every word he makes public.

This. As much as we all like to think of CP as 'one of us' in terms of his history with the club, if he has to outright lie to the fans to keep his employers happy then he's more than likely going to do it
  • Options
    Joey Barton is having the 2nd part of his medical at Marseille.

Apparently, they are still looking for his brain.
  • Options
    It does amaze me how many clubs do their shopping in the last week of the window, rather than getting all their targets during the summer. Panic buying on the extreme level it seems.............................

Wish they changed it so the window shuts the day before the season starts.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Sky Sports understands Damien Delaney is poised to join Crystal Palace after leaving Ipswich Town. Delaney left Ipswich by mutual consent earlier on Thursday and Palace are ready to offer him a short-term deal until January.

Covered End Junior says he's shite :-)

According to Ipswich fans, the worst defender in The Championship :-)
  • Options
    Sky Sports understands Liverpool midfielder Jay Spearing has agreed to join Bolton on loan.
  • Options

Sky Sports understands Liverpool midfielder Jay Spearing has agreed to join Bolton on loan.

Now he really is shite !!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2012
    Ross_cafc said:

boggzy said:

People still don't seem to have gathered that Chris Powell is basically a spin-doctor in front of the press, even in his post-match-interviews you can take *everything* with a pinch of salt, it's all measured, and spun, like a politician. It has to be - that's just football nowadays, and has been like that at CAFC for some years.

Don't get me wrong, I love the bloke as much as we all do, I just think people should have learned by now not to hang on every word he makes public.

This. As much as we all like to think of CP as 'one of us' in terms of his history with the club, if he has to outright lie to the fans to keep his employers happy then he's more than likely going to do it
    You underestimate Chris Powell, I think. He may not always be able to tell the whole truth to the press, but it is likely to be based on a much more rounded judgement than "keeping his employers happy". I trust Chris to do the best thing for the club as he sees it.
  • Options
    Palace due to sign Damien Delaney: http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8034405/.

They are really shopping in the bargain basement.
  • Options
    From BBC

Sam Allardyce

"At the very best I think one player will be joining us before the deadline tomorrow."

• Options

From BBC

Sam Allardyce

"At the very best I think one player will be joining us before the deadline tomorrow."

Andy Carroll ?
  • Options

From BBC

Sam Allardyce

Andy Carroll ?
    Sorry the full quote ...

Sam Allardyce thinks West Ham may bring in one more player before the transfer window closes, but does not expect it to be Liverpool's Andy Carroll.

"Our problem is I have since moved on financially. When I first went for Andy Carroll I could afford him, whether I could now is a different matter.

mentions Carroll specifically but with not much hope I think
  • Options

From BBC

Sam Allardyce

Andy Carroll ?
    Sorry the full quote ...

Sam Allardyce thinks West Ham may bring in one more player before the transfer window closes, but does not expect it to be Liverpool's Andy Carroll.

"Our problem is I have since moved on financially. When I first went for Andy Carroll I could afford him, whether I could now is a different matter.

Aren't they very close to signing some Ajax forward?

• Options

From BBC

Sam Allardyce

Andy Carroll ?
    Sorry the full quote ...

This guy : http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2195749/West-Ham-set-sign-Miralem-Sulejmani-Ajax.html?ito=feeds-newsxml
  • Options
    Carroll will go to the bar codes
  • Options

Ross_cafc said:

boggzy said:

You underestimate Chris Powell, I think. He may not always be able to tell the whole truth to the press, but it is likely to be based on a much more rounded judgement than "keeping his employers happy". I trust Chris to do the best thing for the club as he sees it.
    It wasn't meant as a dig at him, just that I'm sure he (as most people would be) is limited in what he can say if it's not in the best interests of the club or board.
  • Options
    The Moose has said that Solly will not be going to WHU? I am really worried now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Who is this Moose idiot?
  • Options
    Ian Abrahams ‏@BroadcastMoose
    I have been told in the last hour that the deal for Chris Solly wont happen @kevstermarks trying to get that confirmed
  • Options
    cafc_joe said:

The Moose has said that Solly will not be going to WHU? I am really worried now.

wait for Cawley to report the same thing
    ... then be very afraid
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    To be fair, if you look at the bloke who he mentions in the tweet, he only says the deal is off because of what CP said today. So think that tweet should be ignored (as should most of the Moose's)
  • Options
    cafc_joe said:

Ian Abrahams ‏@BroadcastMoose
    I have been told in the last hour that the deal for Chris Solly wont happen @kevstermarks trying to get that confirmed

Perhaps it was never happening, and after SCP's press day today, he is now backtracking.

• Options

Aren't they very close to signing some Ajax forward?

Just to prove they are clean round the bend?
  • Options
    No mention of us anymore .....

Sky Sports understands Huddersfield are leading the chase for Wolves winger Adam Hammill.

Wolves are willing to offload Hammill before Friday's transfer deadline after placing him on the transfer list.

Hammill joined Wolves from Barnsley in January 2011 for a fee of £500,000 but has been unable to hold down a regular place in the side.

New Wolves boss Stale Solbakken is keen to bring in his own players and is listening to offers for the former Liverpool youngster.

Huddersfield boss Simon Grayson is keen to bring in a new wide-man and Hammill is thought to be his top target.

Nottingham Forest, Brighton and Burnley are also chasing the 24-year-old, but Huddersfield are thought to be in pole position for the skilful winger.
  • Options
    If Maynard leaves West Ham and they are going to sign one more player, it will surely be a striker? They can't let Baldock and Maynard both leave without replacing either.
  • Options
    i wouldnt want any of them to go but i'd rather lose stephens than solly purely because we have other players from other positions who can go in to the cm role (kerkar, jackson, wilson etc.) although we could do with another person in just to give a bit more depth in the squad
  • Options
    boggzy said:

Quite. He chooses his messages very carefully, which is why the 'I'm happy with the squad and I don't want it depleted' comment resonates with me. Would suggest any outs would not be his doing, against his will even. If the board are planning to sell someone, they won't appreciate that for sure.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!