Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Options
    AlexC said:

West Ham Insider ‏@WHU_Insider

Chris Solly will complete his move to West Ham tomorrow.

yeah, yeah, whatever..
  • Options
    What pisses me off is the amount of shit rumours flying around on twitter which (most of us) take with a pinch of salt, yet the club refuse to come out and publicly say anything.

Would be nice if they just confirmed/denied any offers for players and whether they've accepted them. I'm not so niave to expect them to ever do such a thing though.................................
  • Options
    Was Powell actually asked about Solly being sold?
  • Options
    He said he's trained with us today, so either he's waiting until after training to talk to other clubs, or he isn't talking to other clubs at all
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

He said he's trained with us today, so either he's waiting until after training to talk to other clubs, or he isn't talking to other clubs at all

Or Powell is lying to prevent widespread panic!
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

I get what you're saying but i really doubt if there has been a bid enquiry or whatever and it was accepted is that we wouldn't make the player train as in all honesty it's a waste of time, get the move done as quick as possible so we've got longer to buy a replacement if we wanted to/if we can

• Options
    maybe the whole squad trained at Wet Spam to make it easier to conduct these covert transfer talks
  • Options

What pisses me off is the amount of shit rumours flying around on twitter which (most of us) take with a pinch of salt, yet the club refuse to come out and publicly say anything.

Would be nice if they just confirmed/denied any offers for players and whether they've accepted them. I'm not so niave to expect them to ever do such a thing though.................................

Yep, every club makes an official response to every random rumour on twitter. The various communications departments have nothing better to do than trawl the myriad of fan sites and bogus twitter accounts and write a response to every one...

• Options
    CP told newshopper there's only been one bid for one of our players-and that's believed to be Stephens.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Quote:
    who said anything about being able to spend the money ....

Well whilst we didnt spend a fortune on Button, we did spend some money quite clearly. If we were that screwed, we wouldnt spend anything on a back up keeper and it would have been a free transfer.

He has clearly stated in the interview that if someone goes, he needs to be covered in bringing someone in.

I have a feeling Stephens would be replaced by Quinn, and Solly by Richardson.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Ross_cafc said:

AlexC said:

West Ham Insider ‏@WHU_Insider

Chris Solly will complete his move to West Ham tomorrow.

Leaving us with only a few hours to spend the money. ideal.

who said anything about being able to spend the money ....
    Like I said earlier..... If it's not being used to pay the milkman!
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Everyone in football lies, wouldn't take anything anyone says for gospel, even SCP said he hadn't even heard the Fuller rumour and totally denied it, few days later we signed him. It's an intricate game of cat and mouse.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

CP told newshopper there's only been one bid for one of our players-and that's believed to be Stephens.

I thought it was Solly ?
  • Options
    Hayes trained the day he went and spoke to brentford.
  • Options
    Do SCP's comments not put the lid on the talk of Hamer's departure? Specifically:

“I’ve brought in David Button for a lot less then what was quoted, that’s for certain. And that makes our goalkeeping area even stronger. I am happy with the squad, I don’t want it depleted.”

Would seem to put one of the panicky topics on here to rest.
  • Options
    edited August 2012

Quote:

He has clearly stated in the interview that if someone goes, he needs to be covered in bringing someone in.

As someone has said on here before, these transfers often appear to work on the chain principle - a bit like people selling their house before they can buy.

If someone at the top of the chain completes his sale, then the next people in line can complete and so on.

It's already been mooted on here that a transfer of Fish from Gillingham has been set up ready to go ahead, should Solly move.

Which probably means Gillingham already have options to replace Fish, should he be sold.

• Options
    Hamers going no where
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Quote:

As someone has said on here before, these transfers often appear to work on the chain principle - a bit like people selling their house before they can buy.

If someone at the top of the chain completes his sale, then the next people in line can complete and so on.

It's already been mooted on here that a transfer of Fish from Gillingham has been set up ready to go ahead, should Solly move.

Which probably means Gillingham already have options to replace Fish, should he be sold.

Won't be happening then if they use the same solicitor as me!

• Options

Valley11 said:

I thought it was Solly ?
    Newshopper reckons its Stephens.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    People still don't seem to have gathered that Chris Powell is basically a spin-doctor in front of the press, even in his post-match-interviews you can take *everything* with a pinch of salt, it's all measured, and spun, like a politician. It has to be - that's just football nowadays, and has been like that at CAFC for some years.

Don't get me wrong, I love the bloke as much as we all do, I just think people should have learned by now not to hang on every word he makes public.
  • Options
    (

Do SCP's comments not put the lid on the talk of Hamer's departure? Specifically:

“I’ve brought in David Button for a lot less then what was quoted, that’s for certain. And that makes our goalkeeping area even stronger. I am happy with the squad, I don’t want it depleted.”

Would seem to put one of the panicky topics on here to rest.

Or another Powell quote: "But you are sitting there thinking you are preparing for a game and you could actually lose a player or two or three before a game"

Stephens, Solly, Hamer = 1, 2 & 3!

Lol. I reckon Stephens will go, the other 2 will stay
  • Options
    Nicky Maynard is going to Cardiff, if I recall correctly didn't West Ham say they needed to sell before they buy?
  • Options
    Adam Hammill's off to Forest.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

Valley11 said:

I thought it was Solly ?
    I'm waiting on Rich Cawley's opinion on this
  • Options

Valley11 said:

Valley11 said:

I thought it was Solly ?
    Probably thinks it's Hughes!!
  • Options
    edited August 2012

Peterborough pair George Boyd and Paul Taylor have turned down moves to Ipswich after discussing personal terms with the Suffolk club.

These two could now be heading to Brighton who've just sold Craig Noone to Cardiff and may be selling CMS to Norwich.

• Options

Valley11 said:

Valley11 said:

I thought it was Solly ?
    Bryan?
  • Options

Valley11 said:

Valley11 said:

I thought it was Solly ?
    Bryan?
    Mark ?
  • Options

Valley11 said:

Valley11 said:

I thought it was Solly ?
    Personally think the NS is far more reliable.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!