Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Options
    Dizzle said:

Here is a list of free transfer that i think, are currently still available

GK - David James, Marcus Hahnemann
    LB - Herman Hreidarsson, Ricardo Gardner
    CB - Danny Gabbidon, Paul Sharner
    CB - Steve Gohouri, Clarke Carlisle
    RB - Gretar Steinsson, Michel Salgado
    LM - James McFadden, Somen Tchoyi
    CM - Owen Hargreaves, Akos Buzsaky
    CM - Sean Davis, Nigel Reo Coker
    RM - Lee Bowyer, Jon Oster
    FW - Michael Owen, Emile Heskey
    FW - Ivan Klasnic, Jon Macken

Obviously i wouldnt have some of them, and some we couldnt afford etc...Just highlighting that there are some 'OK' freebies still

Is it wrong that I'd love to see Bowyer for a season ?
    - yep I thought so ....
  • Options
    Surprised no ones given Hargreaves anything.
  • Options
    JT said:

Surprised no ones given Hargreaves anything.

BUPA has given him another rolling one year contract

• Options
    Pay as you play job or something
  • Options
    33m Richard Cawley Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP

I wonder which club #Millwall chief exec Andy Ambler could be talking about when I asked him about Dany N'Guessan....

Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP

"Dany has two years on his contract and he is a striker- they come at a premium. One club doesn't seem to have grasped that". #millwall #cafc

-------------

Oooooooh, touchy these Millwall types aren't they.

Sell him to the imaginary other bidders then or just stick to the deal you agreed to let him come to us on a free rather than whinging to your pet journo.

• Options
    Strikers come at a premium.

Love that footballing cliché.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Dizzle said:

Obviously i wouldnt have some of them, and some we couldnt afford etc...Just highlighting that there are some 'OK' freebies still

As a 'team' that list would more than hold their own in the Championship, could do with a few young uns though
  • Options

Dizzle said:

As a 'team' that list would more than hold their own in the Championship, could do with a few young uns though
    They'd also do well in a veterans' league.
  • Options
    David James is 42, christ.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    'Strikers come at a premium'...that's a bit different to the 'we don't want him you can have him for £50k' they were coming out with before he scored four goals for us in his short loan spell.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tell him we only want him as a winger.
  • Options
    Herman Hreidarsson. Please no. Guaranteed relegation.
  • Options

Heard from a mutual friend that all is agreed for Fish from Jills, SHOULD Solly transfer happen

would be good as it means we can use the fish chant.
  • Options
    We don't want to pay a lot as he's going to be 5th choice.
  • Options

Strikers come at a premium.

Love that footballing cliché.

Well strikers who score/assist consistently and with a few tricks up their sleeves do. DNG don't really fit that category (and I say that as someone who wouldn't mind seeing him back.)
  • Options
    They can keep N'Guessan and pay his wages for two years if they want to play hardball. I still don't think we need him anyway.
  • Options

£8 for a bloke who has only done it in League 1....incredible. Nothing against Rhodes but with it being Blackbrun I hope he flops big time!

If i bid £10 could he cut my grass and play for Charlton?

This.
  • Options
    @JamesNursey: Off to #WBA this pm. Re: #AVFC transfer news. Will go in tomorrow's Mirror first! Expecting a striker & a defensive midfielder to sign
  • Options
    Really can't see how there would be any benefit in signing N'Guessan. He's unhappy at the spanners, as he wants 1st team football, but I really can't see him getting that with us. Squad filler as far as I can see.

Also, if millwall are banging on about strikers come at a premium (even though I'd class him more of a winger), they will probably judge them on their goals, so let's offer them a straight swap for Clarke...............................
  • Options

@JamesNursey: Off to #WBA this pm. Re: #AVFC transfer news. Will go in tomorrow's Mirror first! Expecting a striker & a defensive midfielder to sign

Its good thing Stephens isn't a defensive midfielder then.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If solly and Stephens do go, I can see us getting shafted in terms of how long we have to get anyone in (that is of course if the money isnt all going to the milkman). Unless we have players lined up with agreed fees and contracts already (which we might have) we won't have time to do anything. even if these players are lined up, how long are they going to be prepared to wait?
  • Options
    Ross_cafc said:

If solly and Stephens do go, I can see us getting shafted in terms of how long we have to get anyone in (that is of course if the money isnt all going to the milkman). Unless we have players lined up with agreed fees and contracts already (which we might have) we won't have time to do anything. even if these players are lined up, how long are they going to be prepared to wait?

We have already signed Solly's replacement.......Wilson
  • Options

Ross_cafc said:

I thought Wilson was a belated replacement for Francis ?!?
  • Options
    Even without thinking about any outgoings we still need another centre mid and a cb especially now Taylor is injured and Dorian isn't ready. We have two fit at the club that Powell would consider playing! Hopefully Powell has a few deals lined up
  • Options
    It's all abit quiet regarding real rumours today so far.. touchwood it stays like it!
  • Options

Ross_cafc said:

I didn't necessarily mean a replacement, just anyone who we need the money from sales before we can sign. As for Wilson..... We'll just have to wait and see how that works out for us.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Nope, Solly isn't going anywhere, we are fine financially and won't be selling anyone in the last few days of the window.

• Options
    N'Guessan would've been a good buy before we got Fuller. Not needed now, provided RF can get fit.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Huddersfield Town have confirmed they have accepted a club record fee from Blackburn for Jordan Rhodes. He's having a medical right now. SSN

(There was nothing this definite before, it was all conjecture).
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Andy Carroll has been backed in from 8/1 to 3/1 to join West Ham with money for AC Milan and Newcastle drying up. SSN.

Liverpool have confirmed it isn't feasible to have a £35M striker on the bench.

So if W Ham get Carroll, how can they afford Solly ? Wibble wibble.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!