Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Options
    29 Aug 2012 21:48:48
    notts county to sign leon clarke on
    loan from charlton athletic

29 Aug 2012 20:42:14
    Charlton Chris Solly will have a medical and will discuss personal terms with West Ham tomorrow 3M fee agreed.
  • Options
    Both seem very feisable

3 mil and solly should go for his own education and the money is bang on his estimation
  • Options
    TBH I'd take 3 mill for Solly. No less.
  • Options
    I worry if this is the right move for Solly if it happens, forget all the stuff about he should stay with us for a bit longer etc. I just think there are strong indicators that Fat Sam will only be there for this year at the most, whoever comes in may well discard Chris and put his development back
  • Options
    The key for me on Solly and Stephens leaving is who we get in. Yes there may be debts to cover, but if we go down, we are in even more trouble anyway so we would have to get a decent standard of players in to cover off that possibility.
  • Options
    cfgs said:

I worry if this is the right move for Solly if it happens, forget all the stuff about he should stay with us for a bit longer etc. I just think there are strong indicators that Fat Sam will only be there for this year at the most, whoever comes in may well discard Chris and put his development back

Good point.
  • Options
    Spoke to a few west ham fans on twitter last night and they said that agent_whu is an embarrassment to them. Talks tweets out his arse
  • Options
    cfgs said:

Plus the fact Solly isn't yet proven at this level let alone Prem. Here he would be learning his trade under a former England full back but at west ham he'll be spending all game smashing 70 yard balls up to Carlton Cole. I think he should hold fire for a season tbh.
  • Options

cfgs said:

Plus the fact Solly isn't yet proven at this level let alone Prem. Here he would be learning his trade under a former England full back but at west ham he'll be spending all game smashing 70 yard balls up to Carlton Cole. I think he should hold fire for a season tbh.
    Plus Sam Allardyce is a prize tool
  • Options

cfgs said:

If I was Big Sam I think I could pretty easily convince Chris to cross the river. Apart from the dosh, there's the play at highest level stuff, better chance of int'l progress (is he eligble for U-21?), etc. Plus, we ain't Brazil y'know - he spends a fair bit of his time banging 70-yarders to Yann...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    £3 million for a right back is a very good price as to be fair a good right back on his own will never win you promotion. Solly is unproven at Prem Level but in time could be the real deal.
    Lets take the £3 million and replace with either Luke Young or Alan Hutton on loan to fill that gap.
    Then use the money to make a bid for either Steve Sidwell at Fulham or Jeffrey Schlupp
  • Options
    Heard from a mutual friend that all is agreed for Fish from Jills, SHOULD Solly transfer happen
  • Options

cfgs said:

If I was Big Sam I think I could pretty easily convince Chris to cross the river. Apart from the dosh, there's the play at highest level stuff, better chance of int'l progress (is he eligble for U-21?), etc. Plus, we ain't Brazil y'know - he spends a fair bit of his time banging 70-yarders to Yann...
    Like I say, he should wait one more year. Let's see how good he is at this level. If he does well then the offers will still be there and the opportunity to progress. If he goes Upton park and has a mare or fades into the background then he'll be shot to bits.
  • Options
    we've got enough strikers what we need is a playmaker to initiate the plays that make the goals.
  • Options

we've got enough strikers what we need is a playmaker to initiate the plays that make the goals.

Sounds a bit like Stephens?

• Options
    Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP

#Millwall defender Darren Ward set for Swindon move
  • Options

Heard from a mutual friend that all is agreed for Fish from Jills, SHOULD Solly transfer happen

Hmmmm - Sell Solly and bring in a Gillingham right back. Could well be true, but that would leave us weaker not stronger and not be a strong message of intent to the fans.

I was probably hoping something like - sell Solly and Stephens fo a combined £5m. Bring in S Quinn for £1m, Luke Young on loan, Adam Hammill on loan (and used a good couple of mill once wages of the loaness are taken into account to pay off debts). If we got that kind fo money in and still only bought a Gills right back we must be well and truly in the brown stuff.

• Options
    Good move by Swindon. Looks to me that PDC is going to become one very good manager. A nutter but one very good manager.
  • Options

Like I say, he should wait one more year. Let's see how good he is at this level. If he does well then the offers will still be there and the opportunity to progress. If he goes Upton park and has a mare or fades into the background then he'll be shot to bits.

It's a very negative reason to want to turn down a move ("what if you have a mare?"), and I doubt it's one that Chris would use. If you have WHam whispering positive things in your ear ('this is your big chance'....'we think you're ready to take the big step up'), then it's hard to resist. Yes it's a risk for him, but if you can't take a few risks at his age, when can you?

Don't get me wrong - I don't want him to go. But we've got to be realistic about the attractions of such a move
  • Options

Hmmmm - Sell Solly and bring in a Gillingham right back. Could well be true, but that would leave us weaker not stronger and not be a strong message of intent to the fans.

I was probably hoping something like - sell Solly and Stephens fo a combined £5m. Bring in S Quinn for £1m, Luke Young on loan, Adam Hammill on loan (and used a good couple of mill once wages of the loaness are taken into account to pay off debts). If we got that kind fo money in and still only bought a Gills right back we must be well and truly in the brown stuff.

I must admit, however, the mutual friend is a Palace fan (who I know looks out for CAFC rumours) so could be on a wind up. He definitely knows him as they played together at Dover
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is the Gillingham right back up to Championship football ?
    Or would we want a more "established" player ?
  • Options

Please don't clog up this thread with rumours.
  • Options

Good move by Swindon. Looks to me that PDC is going to become one very good manager. A nutter but one very good manager.

Swindon signing Federico Bessone as well.

• Options

Only time will tell is this fella would be up to Champ standard football but CP hasn't got a bad track record when it comes to picking players so I for one will trust his judgement on this

• Options

Only time will tell is this fella would be up to Champ standard football but CP hasn't got a bad track record when it comes to picking players so I for one will trust his judgement on this

True

We can't say "club are using moneyball tactics" and then complain when we buy young unknowns.

If we do that is.

• Options

Yep I trust him 100% but just wondered what you guys thought
  • Options
    Uboat said:

It's a rumours thread ?
  • Options
    Won't be too many better judges of a full back than SCP. Let's trust his judgement including the new whipping boy a Wilson.
  • Options

Uboat said:

It's a rumours thread ?
    this is my 1st ever opportunity to say this!!

WHOOOSH!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Here is a list of free transfer that i think, are currently still available

GK - David James, Marcus Hahnemann
    LB - Herman Hreidarsson, Ricardo Gardner
    CB - Danny Gabbidon, Paul Sharner
    CB - Steve Gohouri, Clarke Carlisle
    RB - Gretar Steinsson, Michel Salgado
    LM - James McFadden, Somen Tchoyi
    CM - Owen Hargreaves, Akos Buzsaky
    CM - Sean Davis, Nigel Reo Coker
    RM - Lee Bowyer, Jon Oster
    FW - Michael Owen, Emile Heskey
    FW - Ivan Klasnic, Jon Macken

Obviously i wouldnt have some of them, and some we couldnt afford etc...Just highlighting that there are some 'OK' freebies still
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!