Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• bobcafc7 said:

Villa fans on their forum think Stephens is practically a done deal .

Let him go, he's good but I would rather have the money and our other players... and I doubt he would cut it in the prem he goes missing far to often and only seems to do well in spells of games.

Agreed. I can't see Stephens making it in the prem. Villa are setting themselves up for relegation.

• Thanks Swisdom .as I understand it we have no money so at present ,ex hypothesi,we should be signing no one.that ought actually to be pretty easy to figure out really assuming we want a club in the future and have learned from our own and other clubs' profligate mistakes. however we might have some money in the distant future and in those circumstances I was speculating on whom we should NOT sign ( rather than whom we should) .thinking about it a bit more about it i would add a few more to the " God I hope not" list: Robert Green and the Cisse who was supposed to be rescuing QPR.
  • Well that's good assuming the deal is at least as good as the original rumoured to be 2 million plus. Lets hope SCP gets the funds but without a few fringe players moving also I am not hopeful.
  • the assumption must be that if Villa are back in for him then they must be willing to accept our valuation????????????????
  • bobcafc7 said:

Well according to another site we have bid 1M for Perkins (CM) of Barnsley. Seems as if its just a rumour but maybe that could be why the Stephens talk has escalated in the last few days...
  • bobcafc7 said:

Well according to another site we have bid 1M for Perkins (CM) of Barnsley. Seems as if its just a rumour but maybe that could be why the Stephens talk has escalated in the last few days...
    I hope we aint thinking of spending 1m on him. He is ok but not worth that.
  • David Perkins is 30 years old. £1m for a midfielder who is out of contract in the summer and has never played higher than the bottom half of the Championship? I want some of these people's drugs!
  • I was thinking the same thing. A twitter account has now reported an offer has been made from Villa
  • If Stephens goes and we get 2-3m that is given to SCP to spend to make the whole squad stronger then that would be good business to me.

If we get 2-3 mill up front for Stephens I will be staggered. Deffo Deal!
  • we turned down 2m so it's gotta be at least that
  • Sponsored links:

Are you sure about that? Because from what Powell said about it etc. I don't think it was anywhere near this amount, I thought they offered us closer to 750k upfront, but we were demanding 2mil straight, plus add ons and sell on percentages etc.

Did we turn down 2m? How do you know?

Price might have gone down as we need the money. Price might have gone up as Villa need the player.

One thing you can be sure of is the fee will be "undisclosed"
  • It was only about 400k up front and more added if Villa qualified for Europe.
  • I hope we get it done early so we can bring in others with any money Powell is given.
  • Is it worth having a seperate thread for Stephens to Villa? I think there's something substantial that sets in apart from the rest of the rumours posted.
  • What % of rumours in January are made up / don't happen?
  • 86%

(I made that up, in the spirit January)
  • Frimpong won't be able to understand McCarthy
    ashley said:

Thanks Swisdom .as I understand it we have no money so at present ,ex hypothesi,we should be signing no one.that ought actually to be pretty easy to figure out really assuming we want a club in the future and have learned from our own and other clubs' profligate mistakes. however we might have some money in the distant future and in those circumstances I was speculating on whom we should NOT sign ( rather than whom we should) .thinking about it a bit more about it i would add a few more to the " God I hope not" list: Robert Green and the Cisse who was supposed to be rescuing QPR.

might be worth starting a separate thread mate, could be a lengthy list.
  • I think your 90% correct Callum :-0
  • I think your 90% correct Callum :-0

My sources tell me Callum is only 85% correct, FACT, NAILED ON!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2013

I hope we get it done early so we can bring in others with any money Powell is given.

No chance no doubt it will be done 2 minutes to midnight on transfer deadline day leaving us in shit creek without a paddle. That is the Charlton way after all.

• Redhenry said:

It was only about 400k up front and more added if Villa qualified for Europe.

They might as well promise to double it if they win the World Cup.

• A villa site saying a deal for stephens will be announced in the next few days
  • I suspect as Charlton fans we will be suitably underwhelmed by any business done in or out this transfer window.
  • edited January 2013
    sammy391 said:

A villa site saying a deal for stephens will be announced in the next few days

Many a slip twixt cup and lip.

• sammy391 said:

A villa site saying a deal for stephens will be announced in the next few days

They said the same in the middle of august. Large pinch of salt taken.
  • There's only one site where the transfer news means anything and its not twitter, ITV or even CL

; - )
  • There's only one site where the transfer news means anything and its not twitter, ITV or even CL

; - )

Football Rumours?
  • The deal for Stephens in the summer was not a lot upfront and lots of bolt Ons to make it sound good

They screwed , SCP , Dale , and us around last time get the dirty nthn bstds to chuck the money upfront or don't even talk to them

Once it's there rip the arm off drive him there and say laters dale thanks got getting us out of lge 1 have a good half a season in the prem and see you at the valley mid sept

• edited January 2013
    Swap deal for Darren Bent? ;-)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!