Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• It seems a legit account aswell as a few of our players follow him...strange one. Not getting my hopes up just yet
  • Checked earlier. Hamer was on there but OS & charlton news wasn't. Interesting
  • If Wordsworth comes in you have to think we might be sending on of ours in the other direction, probably Waggy as Green's wages might be too high.

It would be a decent move for Waggy, local L1 side where he can get a good run of game and try and push for a CCC deal in the future.
  • Well reading the last 10 comments has got me excited, personally delighted if we sign him, not as a replacement to Jacko but to compliment him, lets just hope we have the money.

• plenty of people he follows have connections to us, Gillespie, Forster, Halford, Bent, Jackson, Sullivan, Hamer, Hughes and Frimpong
  • Got to say, i've chose the wrong time to take a break from Twitter. The last ten posts do seem intresting though. Can't say I actually know much about him except the stunner he scored at the Valley. On the point about Jacko, whatever you think about his ability, Its obvious what he gives to us by him just being on the pitch. He seems to bring the best out of the rest and when he isn't on the pitch we really suffer. Great Captain.
  • Got to say, i've chose the wrong time to take a break from Twitter. The last ten posts do seem intresting though. Can't say I actually know much about him except the stunner he scored at the Valley. On the point about Jacko, whatever you think about his ability, Its obvious what he gives to us by him just being on the pitch. He seems to bring the best out of the rest and when he isn't on the pitch we really suffer. Great Captain.

The Mike Brearley of Charlton
  • sam3110 said:

plenty of people he follows have connections to us, Gillespie, Forster, Halford, Bent, Jackson, Sullivan, Hamer, Hughes and Frimpong

Yea but just starting to follow CAFC official seems a bit odd.

• It seems he is a Gooner at heart and follows three clubs official Twitter feeds; Arsenal, Colchester and now, as stated earlier, us. Make of that what you will
  • that the first 2 make him a p***k
  • Sponsored links:

• The Gooner bit does but following his own club is expected
  • nope always dislike colchester
  • Ok each to their own, they gave us Kins which makes them ok by me
  • we nearly didnt get Kins we were holding on for a much lower figure and it was touch and go if he joined us---------thank f++k he did !
  • we nearly didnt get Kins we were holding on for a much lower figure and it was touch and go if he joined us---------thank f++k he did !

He nearly ended up at the Jills which would have been terrible
  • Footballers seem to have a bit of time on their hands and love a twitter wind up though?
  • Footballers seem to have a bit of time on their hands and love a twitter wind up though?

I don't credit most footballers with sufficient intelligence to do it though

• The new Kins
  • dabos said:

Asked my colleague at work who's a Colchester fan about Wordsworth. He reckons rumour definitely has legs in it, simply because we've been linked with him for the last year or so.

He wouldn't be too sad to see him go. Says he is different class when on top of his game, way too good for Colchester. But he's too inconsistent, his head doesn't work as fast as his feet, and he sometimes misses the simple stuff that makes the basis of a good player. But his recent poor form could just be because Colchester aren't very good and he knows it. Could shine in a decent Championship side.

Perhaps most interestingly of all, says he's best in the middle dictating play. Wasted out wide.

So if it does come off, seems more likely to be competition/replacement for Stephens, rather than an option on the left.

sounds like hes describing Stephens
  • Sponsored links:

• Don't want us to get Wordsworth - crap name lol, but seriously aside from that great goal at The Valley can't say he's done too much else in the few times I've seen him play Charlton that make me think he's what we are looking for and can handle the step up.
  • Agreed with F27. However everybody needs a chance to shine and this could be his time. Fingers crossed. Looking at the team we do need fast left winger not a clone of Jackson, that can get at the defence. Midfield is the weakest by a mile.
  • Got to be doubts by many clubs. Not exactly falling over themselves to sign him (Wordsworth) especially at a modest price < 500K?. Haven't seem enough of him really, but think i'd prefer Ephraim. Depends whether he's a CM or a LM
  • dont know why but i have a feeling that this window will come and go with no ins and we go with what weve got till the summer, we must have nearly reached our limit on loan signings too.
  • Interesting to see that Wordsworth is now suspended for 2 matches (10 bookings already when he only had 9 and 6 in his two previous seasons - frustration?)

If there is a deal on the table there isn't necessarily a rush to get it through.
  • Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP
    Got a bit of a transfer update for #cafc in tomorrow's paper. I won't be revealing names before edition hits the streets.

Read into that as you may...
    Got a bit of a transfer update for #cafc in tomorrow's paper. I won't be revealing names before edition hits the streets.

...a desperate plea to buy the paper?

;-)

Reading into that already, Cawley has plugged in the laptop had a look at twitter and on here and is typing a lovely piece about Anthony Wordsworth right this minute!

• Wow thats odd SHG if you did that by accident as its has been confirmed today that their guitarist Wilko Johnson has been diagnosed with terminal cancer.

Edit: Just seen the other thread.
    saw Dr Feelgood in December (minus Wilko) brilliant live band......Wishes and thoughts with Wilko, awesome guitarist
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!