Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• From SLP Last week

BIRMINGHAM City are interested in a deal for Charlton winger Danny Green, writes Richard Cawley.

Sources in the Midlands have told the South London Press that the Blues are prepared to do a swap deal that would involve Wade Elliott moving to The Valley.

Green is likely to play for Charlton in today's home FA Cup tie against Huddersfield Town - Lawrie Wilson is unavailable after breaking his nose - but has struggled to hold down a regular starting spot.
  • dont know why but i have a feeling that this window will come and go with no ins and we go with what weve got till the summer, we must have nearly reached our limit on loan signings too.

Well we don't have any loan players in at the moment, so that's not an issue.
  • 09 Jan 2013 12:36:04
    Charlton have offered £300,000 for Colchester pair Wordsworth and Henderson.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ian_Henderson_(footballer)
  • Has anything regarding us posted on FR actually happened?
  • Apologies for my ignorance on this, and this is merely out of interest, but why exactly is Cawley so vilified on here? I only ask because one of my best mates knows him very well and says he’s a really nice bloke, and he often gives me heads up on ‘inside’ Charlton news etc which has generally proved to be pretty accurate and/or in line with what many have said / speculated on here… I have never met him so have no opinion either way, just interested as to exactly why everybody on here is so scathing about him…
  • It will be poetic justice if we get Wordsworth after the goal he scored against us.
  • don't think he's vilified as such but seen as a bit of a joke. Over the past year he has claimed a lot of 'exclusives' and 'buy the SLP tomorrow for cafc transfer news' and a lot of it has been picked up off here and is basically old news. Also he has printed a load of guff a lot of the time and frequently gets it wrong.
  • Greenie said:

It will be poetic justice if we get Wordsworth after the goal he scored against us.

Didn't Marcus Bent once score a cracking goal against us at The Valley
  • Most players have scored against us at some stage in their career
  • Cheers MOG - good to see that they mention it was a 4-0 game, but not actually who to! Never highlight your losses!!! ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Greenie said:

It will be poetic justice if we get Wordsworth after the goal he scored against us.

A very special goal, Ipswich 0-2 up and we won 3-2... NYD I think?
  • edited January 2013

Greenie said:

Maybe but he doesnt have a name of a poet so it wouldnt work so well, ;o)
  • We are not alone in our interest in Wordsworth. Money will talk in the end.
  • We are not alone in our interest in Wordsworth. Money will talk in the end.

I doubt it will be us doing the talking then.

• or maybe its palyer exchange and some dosh ?
  • Hopefully we can offer money plus Hollands & Wagstaff/Green on loan with a view to a permanent deal.
  • Sullivan has already been on loan to Col U so could be part of a part exchange
  • Sullivan other way?
  • Hopefully we can offer money plus Hollands & Wagstaff/Green on loan with a view to a permanent deal.

Wordsworth isn't that good
  • Wordsworth in 'best thing since sliced bread' shock

;o)
  • Sponsored links:

• J BLOCK said:

Hopefully we can offer money plus Hollands & Wagstaff/Green on loan with a view to a permanent deal.

In your opinion, the few time's i have seen him, he did look that good, if the deal is 300k plus a couple of players not in SCP plans at all then think it is a great bit of business.
  • J BLOCK said:

Hopefully we can offer money plus Hollands & Wagstaff/Green on loan with a view to a permanent deal.

In your opinion, the few time's i have seen him, he did look that good, if the deal is 300k plus a couple of players not in SCP plans at all then think it is a great bit of business.
    300k plus two players is not a good bit of business
  • J BLOCK said:

J BLOCK said:

You forgot the in your opinion part again. ;)

• edited January 2013

J BLOCK said:

J BLOCK said:

You forgot the in your opinion part again. ;)

IMO :);) etc etc
  • Apologies for my ignorance on this, and this is merely out of interest, but why exactly is Cawley so vilified on here? I only ask because one of my best mates knows him very well and says he’s a really nice bloke, and he often gives me heads up on ‘inside’ Charlton news etc which has generally proved to be pretty accurate and/or in line with what many have said / speculated on here… I have never met him so have no opinion either way, just interested as to exactly why everybody on here is so scathing about him…

When I did work experience for the SLP I sat near the Sports Desk and he seemed very on the ball and a nice bloke as well as you say. He knew about Linvoy Primus coming before it was official, and if it wasn't for him we would have had some more duller summers transfer wise especially last pre season with all the players we signed. Fair play to Cawley!

• I agree Wordsworth for cash & players is bad business. Isn't he out of contract in the summer?
  • May well rely on the £500k we may or may not get for BWP from our Lion friends.
  • WSS said:

May well rely on the £500k we may or may not get for BWP from our Lion friends.

ha, ha. Would get nowhere near 500k as he too is out of contract in the summer. 200k maybe.

• But Wordsworth is under 24
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!