Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• FR

13 Jan 2013 19:09:42
    Jay tabb on his way to charlton

Not CAFC related and hope its not true

13 Jan 2013 18:52:04
    Crystal Palace have had a bid accepted for Nottingham Forest winger Andy Reid.

• Richard J said:

FR

13 Jan 2013 19:09:42
    Jay tabb on his way to charlton

Not CAFC related and hope its not true

13 Jan 2013 18:52:04
    Crystal Palace have had a bid accepted for Nottingham Forest winger Andy Reid.

No chance, Holloway signed Reid for Blackpool and hardly used him. Also wouldn't fit in their system.
  • Tabb has been playing well for reading in the prem.
  • tchoyi is still without a club since the summer, obviously would lack fitness, but always looked a threat for west brom, terrific shot with both feet and very powerful, strange he hasnt found a club anywhere, trials at both other midlands clubs, maybe aston villa may want to give him a shout
  • From Into The Valley :

Wordsworth coming in two weeks once his ban is complete.

D.J. Campbell on way in.

Both plausible I suppose.
  • Wordsworth is a a done deal I'm just sure of it.
  • Would take DJ Campbell in a heartbeat.
  • D J Campbell loan deal? He would be a good signing for us.
  • From Into The Valley :

Wordsworth coming in two weeks once his ban is complete.

D.J. Campbell on way in.

Both plausible I suppose.

Depends if it was written by an Ipswich fan.......both liked and wanted there too

• D J Campbell loan deal? He would be a good signing for us.

Would almost confirm that BWP is off too.
    Maybe his experience in this league is more valuable to us than an off-form BWP.
  • Sponsored links:

• http://t.co/kY7syGew Interesting. Ipswich fans reckon Vital is reliable
  • I thought it was more likely we got Simeon Jackson than DJ Campbell - especially when BWP goes to MK Dons .....
  • Heard today (fairly reliably) that we have had a bid rejected for Wordsworth. Also seems likely Cook will go on loan as part of the deal.
  • The usual bollox nailed on done deals off FR:

14 Jan 2013 11:01:19
    Charlton manager Chris Powell is in talks with two players over potential moves this window.
    Coventry midfielder Adam Barton is subject of an undisclosed bid from Powell and despite City manager Mark Robins being reluctant to sell, a move to the Championship may be to hard to resist for the 22 year old.
    Preston striker Iain Hume, who is currently on loan at Doncaster will hold talks with Powell before the weekend and could sign for as little as £100,000.

Charlton this window

Danny Hylton - Accrington Stanley
    Ollie Palmer - Havant & Wateloole
    Anthony Wordsworth - Colchester
    2 unknown young players, Jay tab and Simoen Jackson
  • Haha doesn't danny hylton play for aldershot? Just goes to show the people writting all that rubbish are bored 12 year olds
  • I'd take Tabb. Think we are well short in the middle with only Stephens (possibly off), Pritchard and Jackson.
  • I'd take Tabb. Think we are well short in the middle with only Stephens (possibly off), Pritchard and Jackson.

He's one of those annoying little midfielders who always seems to have a busy game. Maybe a slightly better version of Bradley Pritchard but I must say Pritch is looking VERY good in the middle at the moment.

If Tabb were available and interested then I would be quite happy with that - strength in depth and all that

Only 5'7'' will not pass the height test :o) a will of the wisp type character from what I have seen of him.
  • edited January 2013
    Swisdom said:

I'd take Tabb. Think we are well short in the middle with only Stephens (possibly off), Pritchard and Jackson.

He's one of those annoying little midfielders who always seems to have a busy game. Maybe a slightly better version of Bradley Pritchard but I must say Pritch is looking VERY good in the middle at the moment.

If Tabb were available and interested then I would be quite happy with that - strength in depth and all that

My thoughts exactly. I think we need to add numbers but also quality. If we can offer him a 2 year deal I would be pleased with that. We aren't going to win any exciting football or talent contests but I think in terms of workrate we can match anyone at the moment and we need to play to that strength while funds are limited.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2013

we need to play to that strength while funds are limited.

I hope we play to our strengths whether funds are limited or not
  • The usual bollox nailed on done deals off FR:

14 Jan 2013 11:01:19
    Charlton manager Chris Powell is in talks with two players over potential moves this window.
    Coventry midfielder Adam Barton is subject of an undisclosed bid from Powell and despite City manager Mark Robins being reluctant to sell, a move to the Championship may be to hard to resist for the 22 year old.
    Preston striker Iain Hume, who is currently on loan at Doncaster will hold talks with Powell before the weekend and could sign for as little as £100,000.

Charlton this window

Danny Hylton - Accrington Stanley
    Ollie Palmer - Havant & Wateloole
    Anthony Wordsworth - Colchester
    2 unknown young players, Jay tab and Simoen Jackson

Couldn't be anymore Acworth if it tried!

Some of the stuff he puts on fb is comedy gold.

The other day he asked 'if we got promoted and given £10m what would your team be to stay up?'... He then proceeded to name 15 L2 players including his favourite Danny Kedwell. Not one current player was in there'

He's proper charlton, harmless and loves his football. He just talks rubbish that is mostly put on FR.
  • Norwich don't have enough fit strikers to let Jackson out on loan. He started on Saturday, so unless they get two forwards in he will be staying put. FACTUAL.
  • we need to play to that strength while funds are limited.

I hope we play to our strengths whether funds are limited or not
    Not quite the same as what I said but point taken!
  • FR rehashing Cowley's scoop from Friday

14 Jan 2013 15:10:28
    FULHAM'S Karim Frei and Leicester's Jeffrey Schlupp are on Charlton's shortlist of left wingers.

Addicks boss Chris Powell is keen to strengthen on that flank and is also a big admirer of Andros Townsend at Tottenham.

Schlupp has been a long-term target of the South Londoners and has not featured for the Foxes since November 27.

Turkish international Frei made 16 appearances for Fulham last season but injuries have slowed his progress in the current campaign and he did have a loan spell with Cardiff in November.

QPR wideman Hogan Ephraim, who had a successful spell on loan last season, is believed to be keen on a Valley return.

Charlton are also understood to have made a loan approach to Bolton for their England U21 international Marvin Sordell.
  • That Nigerian guy that was training with us seems to be a bit frustrated.

He has put a tweet saying

"Powell is letting me down"

"Is Powell on twitter that man is C.........."

He does state he is scheduled to come back and train some more with us This weekend though
  • Maybe Chris wouldn't let him have the day off for his 40th birthday party? On a serious note, if that's referencing the manager then that's goodbye any chance of contract.
  • I questioned him on it and he reckons it means C....... For 'Champ'

Also reckons he could be signing 'soon' when I asked about that too
  • Dizzle said:

I questioned him on it and he reckons it means C....... For 'Champ'

Also reckons he could be signing 'soon' when I asked about that too

is it a wind up account? Powell probably thinks hes shit
  • Doesn't seem like it. Plenty of pics of him with Frimpong, in the changing rooms. His profile picture is him in front of the badge at Sparrows Lane. In Charlton training gear etc. seems real enough to me

Powell might well think he's shit tbf
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!