Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

What will it take? - Your views on renewing next season

Comments

• I'll be there with my renewed s/t & strangely enough will try & go to more away fixtures, especially as KB & son have said they're up for that too. I felt far far worse the 1st time we were relegated from the prem than i do now. I think i'd have to be seriously broke or living in foriegn climbs for me not to renew. I tried it for two seasons about 14yrs ago, drove everybody nuts! CAFC FOR LIFE! Mind you, i am an irritating optimist ;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]I think a lot of problem will come from the fact that historically now, where it comes to ticket prices, we have been spoilt.

Our tickets are already considerably cheaper than comparitives, so for all those stating it needs to be cheaper, i'm not really sure just how much cheaper it can go ?

A tenner?
  • [cite]Posted By: 1905[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]I think a lot of problem will come from the fact that historically now, where it comes to ticket prices, we have been spoilt.

Our tickets are already considerably cheaper than comparitives, so for all those stating it needs to be cheaper, i'm not really sure just how much cheaper it can go ?

A tenner?

The likes of Margate and Ramsgate charge £8 in the Ryman Premier.

As AFKA says pricing season tickets will be a tricky balancing act for the Board.

Hence my suggestion of throwing in the Cup games since we are talking unbudgeted revenues in all probability. Therefore any extra sales generated will be "bunce."
  • I'm not renewing for a number of reasons...

1. I'm fed up with football
    2. Would sooner spend £800 or so on something that I'm going to get enjoyment out of
    3. Parkinson is likely to still be in charge next season - he should've gone with Pardew
    4. I'm 50 and I don't want Football to dominate my life anymore
    5. I'm having a mid-life crisis
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]I think a lot of problem will come from the fact that historically now, where it comes to ticket prices, we have been spoilt.

Comparing our ST price with other clubs is not valid in my view as we are not fans of those clubs.Their ST prices are irrelevant to us as we wouldn't buy at any price.

All we see is that our prices are £x and that price is not much different from when we were in the Premier League. Next season the quality of theproduct on show will be several magnitudes lower than it was then and it is ridiculous to expect people to pay the same for it. Especially when you won't even be able to use inflation as an excuse to increase prices this summer.
  • Yes but only on the basis that I know I can`t be arsed to get tickets on the day. Very despondent right now but come pre season no doubt I will be up for it.
  • [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]2. Would sooner spend £800 or so on something that I'm going to get enjoyment out of

Hooker-028.jpg

;-)
  • edited March 2009
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]2. Would sooner spend £800 or so on something that I'm going to get enjoyment out of

Hooker-028.jpg

;-)

Nah...£800 wouldn't go very far, by the looks of it. High class, them two.
  • [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]Nah...£800 wouldn't go very far, by the looks of it. High class, them two.

true mate, plumsted corner for you then... ;-)
  • edited March 2009
    You can get that for £800? Bargain.

Looks a lovely car
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2009
    not saying that we are not cheap mate, for the footie i have witnessed has been extreemly value for money from the 1st year i bought an ST till today

i am just thinking that 10 or 12 thousand at £150 would be more value than 6 thousand at £250

i would be quite happy to pay a little less than i am now but willing to fork out the same if push come to shove but i would rather there was a few more of us there to try to help the 11 players on the pitch
  • Hasn't Murray already said that prices are likely to come down?

Thing is lower prices could mean more income if it means signicantly more people renewing but it could also mean less income which will make it harder to hang on to the decent players in the squad or to attract or pay for a new manager if that is what people want.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]You can get that for £800? Bargain.

Looks a lovely car[/quote]

* shakes head *

He doesn't mean the car, Henry ..............

He's talking about the umbrellas.
  • [cite]Posted By: Dave Rudd[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]You can get that for £800? Bargain.

Looks a lovely car

* shakes head *

[cite]Posted By: Dave Rudd[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]You can get that for £800? Bargain.

Looks a lovely car

* shakes head *

That's a lot for something that you put up with your hand and that stops you getting wet
  • car, umbrella,

all i see is those Boots

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm
  • i think it is more important to create an atmosphere i.e free ticket to u 16's when an adult renews or purchases their first one

that would help fill it and who doesnt like a freebie, whatever way we look at it surely the seats being sat in and the food and drink bought better than the seat being empty and the food going even colder, which is the other option if there are not such suggestions
  • no chance

ill buy on the day

as for "its time to get behind the team" sick of that bullshit.

dont play 1 up front when we need to win
    dont play 1 up frnt when it dont matter anyway
    dont make ANY thats ANY game £30----------------- £20 max.
  • If you can afford one good for you, i cant dosnt make me any less of an addick does it??
  • nope mate but if you look under 16 i will pretend i have 2 kids if they offer one owt for free to the u16's
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Hasn't Murray already said that prices are likely to come down?

Thing is lower prices could mean more income if it means signicantly more people renewing but it could also mean less income which will make it harder to hang on to the decent players in the squad or to attract or pay for a new manager if that is what people want.

that is where the difficulty lies. Pitching the price where it is still attractive but not so low that it makes it night on impossible to be effective. Personally speaking I don't think it would need to be a big reduction, just enough to show that the board are keen for us to renew. I have a figure in my head of around a 5% reduction as a reasonable expectation.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]nope mate but if you look under 16 i will pretend i have 2 kids if they offer one owt for free to the u16's

Thanks Dad he he...

184015__pie_l.jpg
  • [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]If you can afford one good for you, i cant dosnt make me any less of an addick does it??

Yes ; - )

Seriously, times are hard but I'm still earning (just). £450 (which is what I think I paid last year) plus £99 for Joe ain't bad. £5 a game for him and where can I take a boy out for only £5 a hit. Pictures is more and ten pin bowling a lot more. Art galleries are free but we can and do do that anyway. It costs me more for him to play on a Sunday over the season than for him to watch

While I can afford it and am healthy enough to go I will. But I understand that others don't see it that way and anything the club can do to encourage the waiverers is worth a go.

Good to see the Fans Forum gathering info which I hope will get fed into the club via their meetings and the Target 40k commitee.
  • Love to see under 11 tickets at £50 and under 16's at £99 in any stand.
  • I will renew my season ticket.
  • half price season ticket if we get promoted ;-)
  • I'm going to renew.
  • [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]bring back Alan Curbishley

Are you sure : - )
  • Will I renew?......................... Almost certainly
    What would stop me?.................Redundancy, which will be decided in the next 3 weeks.
    Yes, I have watched some crap this year but its what I do and have done for many a year, I have travelled the length of the country on Betty's coaches 2 of my children spent saturdays with their Dad at Roker Park, London Road, Layer Road and any other road you care to mention. Those children of mine now have children, and I now look forward to taking my Grandchildren to The Valley, the excitement on a saturday morning It'll come back, the passion shown by Robbo, Nelse, Sweaty and others will be back in other guises, And so will I. Why because It's what I do.
  • i would beg steal borrow sell my soul to simon Jordon for the money to get one tomorow if Curbs was back.

_41618092_curbs270.jpg
  • [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]not saying that we are not cheap mate, for the footie i have witnessed has been extreemly value for money from the 1st year i bought an ST till today

i am just thinking that 10 or 12 thousand at £150 would be more value than 6 thousand at £250

i would be quite happy to pay a little less than i am now but willing to fork out the same if push come to shove but i would rather there was a few more of us there to try to help the 11 players on the pitch

Actually NLA 10000 at £150 equates to 6000 at £250.