Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

What will it take? - Your views on renewing next season

Comments

• pretty certain I will renew - don't really want to give up a ticket in the East Stand, half way up & close to half way line,

what will def make me renew:

1) sack parky

2) no wholesale selling of players ala last relegation. This time is different as then we had players on massive Prem wages and probably contracts stating they could leave for x amount if we went down (HH for one). Got to keep the nucleus of a team (Bailey,Racon, ZZ, etc) otherwise we are in a downward spiral and could easily pass straight through div 1 into div 2
  • Will always renew my season ticket, until the day i don't have a breath in my body.

Already made this comment on an another thread, but would the club be looking to do a 5 year season ticket again. Say £1500 in the north, and £2k in the east and west. I would say yeah to this, and would get some more wonga in for the clubs coffers.
  • I've had a S/T since 1972 when there were only a few hundred of us and will always renew Charlton til I die.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]I'm renewing, no issues for me.

Going to be interesting to see the gates for the JPT early rounds
    .[/quote]

You'd get absolute pelters if you didn't renew. LOL

Me today was a momentus day for me as I have finally finished the knowledge so I should have a bit of time on my hands come next season. depend on the price but I probably will get a ST
  • [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]pretty certain I will renew - don't really want to give up a ticket in the East Stand, half way up & close to half way line,

what will def make me renew:

1) sack parky

2) no wholesale selling of players ala last relegation. This time is different as then we had players on massive Prem wages and probably contracts stating they could leave for x amount if we went down (HH for one). Got to keep the nucleus of a team (Bailey,Racon, ZZ, etc) otherwise we are in a downward spiral and could easily pass straight through div 1 into div 2

You cant see us seriously keeping ZZ can you? Isnt his contract up in the summer. The other 2 I agree 100% and in fact I dont see if the Directors mean what they say why they would need to sell either of those 2 unless of course it was a really over the top offer.
  • Been to every home game this season, whereas I usually miss one or two a season due to circimstances; so this year it's worked out OK in terms of expenditure v games attended.

Sure, there are season when it would have been cheaper for me to pay on the day with some of the offers available, but that's not the point. The best way you can show your support for your Club is by committing yourself to a ST - even if you don't intend to go to every game.

I've had a ST for 32 years.

Next season will be no different.

I'm also proud to say that Live By The Sword will also be renewing for his 15th consecutive season.
  • edited March 2009
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Imissthepeanutman[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]not saying that we are not cheap mate, for the footie i have witnessed has been extreemly value for money from the 1st year i bought an ST till today

i am just thinking that 10 or 12 thousand at £150 would be more value than 6 thousand at £250

i would be quite happy to pay a little less than i am now but willing to fork out the same if push come to shove but i would rather there was a few more of us there to try to help the 11 players on the pitch[/quote]

Actually NLA 10000 at £150 equates to 6000 at £250.[/quote]

the cash point was not the point i was trying to make Peanut it was the money will be the same but i would rather see 10000 fans in the ground instead of 6000 (an example) the cash through the doors will be the same but the beer and food plus other bits and bobs will be more plus we may be able to generate some atmosphere
  • Despite feeling deflated at the mo, and almost looking forward to the season ending, I'm sure i'll get the old enthusiasm back during the summer and renew.(unless the summer clearout includes most of our better players. JJ, Racon, Bailey etc ).Then it'll be a week by week jobby.
  • [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]not saying that we are not cheap mate, for the footie i have witnessed has been extreemly value for money from the 1st year i bought an ST till today

i am just thinking that 10 or 12 thousand at £150 would be more value than 6 thousand at £250

i would be quite happy to pay a little less than i am now but willing to fork out the same if push come to shove but i would rather there was a few more of us there to try to help the 11 players on the pitch
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]i think it is more important to create an atmosphere i.e free ticket to u 16's when an adult renews or purchases their first one

that would help fill it and who doesnt like a freebie, whatever way we look at it surely the seats being sat in and the food and drink bought better than the seat being empty and the food going even colder, which is the other option if there are not such suggestions

thats what i meant mate more value for the cash brought in
  • I thought the point of buying season tickets up front was to provide the Club with funds to shell out on new blood......so what happened with last seasons then ???
    Or was that used to pay the wages of loan players who were only at the Club to either get fit for their clubs or until they got a better offer...???

Then we have had the lower prices offered on certain games --- doesn't really inspire those who do actually pay up front does it ???

But I will be renewing because its a part of my Charlton Life....and always will be !!!
  • Sponsored links:

• I nearly made the same point NLA in my response to your post.

I rarely buy and food and drink in the Stadium because the service is shit and the prices bad.

I am guessing that the Board know all this and are trying to get it right. After all if they dont it is their pockets that are going to have to make up the difference if their commitment to avoiding administration is taken at face value.
  • IF theres an empty seat in the house it will cost us money, i would rather i could bring my son my niece and nephew for the cost of my ticket (staying the same) i can not afford to buy them all one but they want to go (not NLJR) but the other 2 if NLJR didnt have to pay his mum would virtually drive us there, i dont see the point in empty seats i really dont, i have 3 kids who i could bring buy them food and drink and merchandise or i can come on my own and buy 1 of everything instead of 4,

there must be away we can fill the stadium.

I think the ST this year should cover all matches at home every single game played there should be ncluded in my ST not as an extra as a set price, my son who is 7 should be free IMO i understand 99 quid is good but can you imagine if every parent brought their kid double the attendance straight away and if you have 2 kids then you get 2, there must be a way to do it could be open for abuse but if thought about long and hard it must be do able
  • I'll renew because I have blind loyalty. However, I will probably wait in the hope that I can renew on the back of some positive news; like Parkinson gets the sack and we get a fresh start (not Kinsella). Prices need to come down by at least 20% to reflect League One football, the quality of the dross we have been served up this year and because of the state of the economy. I would like to see them be really bold and halve the prices in the hope of hanging on to twice as many as will renew otherwise. Bums on seats, noise and merchandise sales will be critical next year. In the event we do get promoted in the next year or two, those who stay will be more likely to accept and increase to reflect promotion. It's twice as hard to attract a new season ticket holder as to hang on to one. CAFCTV should be thrown in as well or offered free for those who took it this year because it's offered precious little value-for-money so far.
  • [ CAFCTV should be thrown in as well or offered free for those who took it this year because it's offered precious little value-for-money so far.[/quote]

you cant tell my the bloke with the lisp wernt value for money one of the best nights in infront of the pc in ages :-)
  • I'll renew. I expect Jonjo will go. But I hope we'll be able to hang on to Bailey and Racon and will be seriously peed off if we let them go.
  • I probably won't renew - but that's only because I am thinking about playing football again. My eldest, who will be 8 next month isn't over-interested at the moment (don't blame him) and my youngest is only 2.

I'll still go to a lot of games - more than half no doubt, but I just can't see the point in buying season tickets - if I end up spending more buying individual tickets - the club benefits - so there's no loss to them.....

I am just a little indifferent to what I am seeing at the moment. If Parkinson goes, I may change my mind, but I don't think he is going to go ....
  • I'm pretty sure I will renew, although it will be good for it to be spelt out how much will be saved by getting a season ticket compared to a match-by-match basis.

As well as a small reduction on this year's cost, a few cup games thrown in wouldn't go amiss either.
  • [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite][ CAFCTV should be thrown in as well or offered free for those who took it this year because it's offered precious little value-for-money so far.

you cant tell my the bloke with the lisp wernt value for money one of the best nights in infront of the pc in ages :-)

Have to agree it was worth the couple quid alone. Dawwen Ambwose.
  • Had a season ticket since 1974 so will renew again this year - but with the lowest level of enthusiasm ever. We've been crap before but we're now on a serious slide and reaching the Premiership - and then surviving there - seems a long way off right now.
  • CAFCTV free with the season ticket and Parky out.

Unless both of those happen I won't be renewing, due to the fact I can only make 50%ish percent of the home games.
  • Sponsored links:

• I will renew cos its in the blood and you either support your team or not.

My circumstances have changed (kids) from 3/4 years ago and beyond when I was going home and away but like others above me i am finding the day a chore more than an enjoyable day like it should be.

But I also think that I and a lot of other people may be getting confused with not loving Charlton any more to not loving Charlton losing every week any more.

I am quietly confident that if we start the season well and put a few wins together, people will get the bug back and gates will climb from probably 12-13k in August to hopefully 18-19k later on.

At the end of the day I have seen us win a match since the opening day of the season (missed the good ones). I think that is enough to test any diehard.
  • Renewing mine, can't be bothered with buying tickets on the day, plus I like my seat and the people who sit around me and at the moment they all say they are renewing. Just hope we can get some players on the pitch who have some passion for the club they seem thin on the ground this season.
  • Will be renewing because at the moment I can afford it. That is always the key for me, I support the club not the division, manager or players or anything else that is wrong with us at the moment or in the future.
  • Definately not renewing if pardky is in charge.

This season have always left the game feeling angry/stressed/dissapointed/frustrated, in fact more than a couple of times as soon as ive seen us staring with 4-5-1 formation have felt like just walking out!

If i dont renew i will go match by match.
  • My father in law was so confident that we were to have a crap season that he almost wrote to Charlton to ask if he would get a free season ticket if we got relegated. He didn't buy a season ticket + he had been going since 1946. I did buy a season ticket. If only I had his foresight....

Re 2009 / 10 - may go on a game by gane basis initially and buy a 1/2 season ticket at Christmas if things look positive. May be swayed if the seson ticket in the East Stand is about £200. Not sure if Northampton at home on a Tuesday in November is that appealing
  • I'll be there, might be worth mentioning that another EX premier league side who have fallen through the leagues Bradford City now playing in div 2 old division 4 now sell cheap adult season tickets with the option of buying a season ticket for a child priced at a £1 but they average 12,000 per home game, this could be something that the club could consider.

The ground will be harder to fill next season if the club are relegated with a less attractive fixture list and the club could adopt a cheap SEASON TICKET adult and children scheme,this would make financial sense as it would generate more income on a matchday.
  • A minimum 20% off the price of my ticket in the West Stand would be nice.

Don't fancy paying out nigh on 500 sheets to see us get turned over at home by the likes of Hartlepool.
  • I will renew. The club needs our support more than ever. Let's show any potential new investors, we are worth investing in and let's hope that we generate enough cash, via season tickets, some player sales or new investment to keep hold of just enough talent to help us get back at the first attempt and build thereafter.
  • I'm renewing for my whole family, 4 of us. But I would like to see a cut in the price, a new manager, and a new board. Not because I have anything against this one per se, but I believe that we need a fresh start and new thinking.

Also, I will still go to at least one away game a year, as I have done for the last few seasons.
  • Virtually nothing could stop me renewing. Winning, losing or drawing. This is all part of the experience of being a fan and something all the plastic southern Man U/Liverpool fans will never realise. When the bad times are bad. The good times are unbelievable.

All the time there is Charlton. All the time i can be there. I will be singing my heart out in the covered end choir.