Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Takeover

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]Would now be a good time to say that I have heard that a Japanese internet company are showing some interest in Charlton?

Yeah....why not!
  • [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]Would now be a good time to say that I have heard that a Japanese internet company are showing some interest in Charlton?

Is the interest in 'takeover' or 'shirt sponsorship'?
  • edited May 2009
    I've hear we will be sponsored by siemens next season as we have proven to be a load of w***juice this year.
  • edited May 2009
    I've heard it's a Chinese company as it is being referred to as the Chinese Takeaway, rather than Takeover!
  • Who's Grotbags ?
    New Chairperson ??
  • [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]Would now be a good time to say that I have heard that a Japanese internet company are showing some interest in Charlton?

Yeah....why not!
    OK!

Rakuten Group. Multi-faceted company. E-commerce, websites, secure payments solutions, investments, securities, travel and sport. 44 million members. Looking to expand beyond Japan and Korea. Interest in increasing profile into Europe and N America.

Already bought one baseball club.
  • [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]Would now be a good time to say that I have heard that a Japanese internet company are showing some interest in Charlton?

Yeah....why not!
    OK!

Rakuten Group. Multi-faceted company. E-commerce, websites, secure payments solutions, investments, securities, travel and sport. 44 million members. Looking to expand beyond Japan and Korea. Interest in increasing profile into Europe and N America.

Ok - so I need to take back that job lot of tea towels I have bought.......also cancel the order on the leprochaun outfit.....and now I need to wear something sterotypically Japanese (any ideas)

I've cracked it - I shall combine all 3 and then I can't go wrong.
  • edited May 2009
    Paper Triangle hats will do at the mo lol
  • As long as you don't start "turning Japanese" in public.........
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]

Yeah....why not!
    OK!

Oh, no - here come the Japanese jokes. Expect to hear that the Vapours "turning Japanese" will be replacing the "red red robin" and multi use of that phrase in headlines.

Tell me when it is safe to come out (not in the gay sense)
  • Sponsored links:

• You could try folding the tea-towel, origami style, before downing a pint of guinness
  • Ok Arab head wear, Leprechaun outfit with a samurai sword and samurai armour over the leprechaun outfit.
  • LOL MOG made that joke before I could even type my post and when he could be earning some dosh in BR1 : - )
  • [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]Ok Arab head wear, Leprechaun outfit with a samurai sword and samurai armour over the leprechaun outfit.

Kind of like a Ninja Turtle in disguise.......where's Adam when we need him
  • Hopefully at an Interview
  • Like This!
  • Had a little read up on the Sunderland takeover.The club announced that they were in talks with a cosortium lead by Niall Quinn on the 28th of April 2006.It wasn't until the 3rd of July!!! that they announced the completion.

Time to blow that season ticket money on a little holiday me thinks people.
  • [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]
    Kind of like a Ninja Turtle in disguise

How would a Ninja Turtle get hold of a disguise? I thought the ninja bit was the disguise.

It reminds me of that joke about a man dressed as Napoleon, who goes to see his doctor.
    "Help me Doctor, I think I'm going mad"
    "Why? What is it?"
    "I keep thinking I am Nelson"
    "Don't you mean Napoleon?"
    "No, I am Napoleon, I just keep thinking I am Nelson".

*gets coat*
  • edited May 2009
    Yeah let's all stop supporting charlton cos the current times is *****! Why not ask the board to dis band our club! Pretty much all of you are on more than me (Except Nathan) and if i could afford to buy a season ticket OR go on holiday (i can afford neither) Then i'd be there at the Valley!

Son of fashin Rashin Rick Rasterdly.....
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: seth plum[/cite]LATEST RUMOUR,
    Apparantly the big money buying Sunderland, now they have secured premiership status, will leave their heretofore Irish investors seeking to put the money raised into Charlton. There is a crisis in the Irish economy, and interest rates being low means that an investment in Charlton, currently punching below their weight, is likely to yield some return, or at least parallel the adventure the irish investors had with the Mackems. The Charlton profile is high with the Irish investors who were big movers in the purchase of Andy Reid, and well aware of our (capital city) presence due to Kins and Holland and lately younger Irish representative players. The current silence is entirely due to the wait for the Sunderland deal to finalise. The biggest suprise of all is the intention to install Brian Kerr as our new manager with Kins as assistant.
    FACT

This major irish invasion should get the pot holes in the car park sorted out.

;-)
  • So does anyone else know anything about this Rakuten Group thing?
  • [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]So does anyone else know anything about this Rakuten Group thing?

Yeah, I read a guy on Charlton Life, whose tips offs have 100% come true in the past, say that they are buying us as they want to expand in the Europe.

With you saying it as well I reckon it must to true.
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]
    Kind of like a Ninja Turtle in disguise

How would a Ninja Turtle get hold of a disguise? I thought the ninja bitwasthe disguise.

It reminds me of that joke about a man dressed as Napoleon, who goes to see his doctor.
    "Help me Doctor, I think I'm going mad"
    "Why? What is it?"
    "I keep thinking I am Nelson"
    "Don't you mean Napoleon?"
    "No, Iam Napoleon, I just keep thinking I am Nelson".

*gets coat*

Nelson out ........!

;o)
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]So does anyone else know anything about this Rakuten Group thing?

Yeah, I read a guy on Charlton Life, whose tips offs have 100% come true in the past, say that they are buying us as they want to expand in the Europe.

Is it on the OS ?
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]So does anyone else know anything about this Rakuten Group thing?

So that's you, me and this other bloke. It MUST be true now.
  • edited May 2009
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Is it on the OS ?

Not yet.

They are replacing the seats in the East stand so that it spells out "the Valley" in Japanese for the photo shoot. As soon as that is done it will be annouced.
  • i haven't got to spend ages doing an anagram of Rakuten Group, have i ???
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]i haven't got to spend ages doing an anagram of Rakuten Group, have i ???
    No. Easier to use this... Anagram machine
  • edited May 2009
    Tanker Guru Op

The secret plan is to build an army in the uk to destroy us from the inside!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!