Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Takeover

Comments

• Options
    Hi guys. I'm back, so whats happened today ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]Hi guys. I'm back, so whats happened today ?

Henry won the euro millions and is the secret buyer.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]Hi guys. I'm back, so whats happened today ?

Blimey, thats handy, I'm doing some work for him tomorrow.
    Might get a drink out of it !!
  • Options
    A UAE Businessman has bought Portsmouth.
    I'm glad, don't know what headgear "they" wear.
  • Options
    I have not even thought about eating PV but if he ever tells me again that i can not sign messi ronaldo and Kaka then in the pot he will go
  • Options
    Fcuk me - this thread still going?

If anyone could be bothered to read it I bet there are a lot of people looking very silly by now.
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    so when or if is this takeover going to happen?
    where have all the people gone who stated they new someone etc etc and a deal was imminent?

also for those who said of a proposed irish takeover bid :

Cash-strapped League One outfit Southampton are hoping to be saved by two Irish businessmen.
    Their identities have yet to be revealed by the club’s administrator Mark Fry.
    http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/82413/Irish-in-bid-for-Saints/
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]Wouldnt surpise me to see the Geordie Smiler popping up in Somerset under some spurious reason, in order to facilitate the take over.

I live in Somerset and we have no Geordies, smilers or frowners ...
    ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]

Thanks BDL, I tell you that in confidence and you blurt it out on here.

Any one fancy doing the PA job from next season?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: American_Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]Wouldnt surpise me to see the Geordie Smiler popping up in Somerset under some spurious reason, in order to facilitate the take over.

I live in Somerset and we have no Geordies, smilers or frowners ...
    ;-)

until tonight - when SW has a meeting at the West Country Branch Supporters Club in Taunton!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2009
    wrong thread ooops
  • Options
    At the risk of lowering the tone of this thread with some real news, this has appeared in my local paper today, buried in an article about Exeter City trying to sign Troy Archibald-Henville on loan from Spurs is the following nugget:

"However, Tisdale's hopes of bringing Stuart Fleetwood back to St James's Park appear to have stalled. The Charlton Athletic striker, who scored three goals in a nine game loan spell for city last term, is wanted by Tisdale, who has spoken with Addicks boss Phil Parkinson about the player. However with a takeover of the South London club imminent, Parkinson is unlikely to make any decision on his players' futures until it is clear whether or not he will be in The Valley hotseat come the start of the 2009/10 campaign. Tisdale said "I have spoken to Phil Parkinson at Charlton about Stuart and they are going through a funny time trying to establish what they are going to do next season. Stuart gives us something different and I have made no secret of the fact that I would like to have him next season"

I had to bloody type that as the echo website doesn't have all the bloody story up!

http://www.thisisexeter.co.uk/sport/Tisdale-speaks-Spurs-seek-loan-Troy/article-1028306-detail/article.html

If Bexley Times or News Shopper are reading the journo's name is Jon Lewis, newsdesks phone number is 01392 442211.
  • Options
    What are you doing No facts allowed on this thread - FACT
  • Options
    Can Imnot Athletic be banned please, he has taking making up false rumours to a new level by inventing a whole newspaper to back it up. Got to admire him though for taking the time to fabricate a whole website as a cover story though
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cfgs[/cite]Can Imnot Athletic be banned please, he has taking making up false rumours to a new level by inventing a whole newspaper to back it up. Got to admire him though for taking the time to fabricate a whole website as a cover story though

not to mention manned phone line and actors to back up my hoax :0)
  • Options
    lol imnot
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Imnot Athletic[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: cfgs[/cite]Can Imnot Athletic be banned please, he has taking making up false rumours to a new level by inventing a whole newspaper to back it up. Got to admire him though for taking the time to fabricate a whole website as a cover story though

not to mention manned phone line and actors to back up my hoax :0)

But are they in UK or does Hoax HQ have a call centre in the sub continent?
  • Options
    "........they are going through a funny time trying to establish what they are going to do next season."

says it all really!! sounds like a neat summary of what has been happening since Curbs was asked to go early!
  • Options
    "........they are going through a funny time trying to establish what they are going to do next season."

Deciding whether next season we will be a football club or set up a theatre in the provinces, maybe take a gap year turn The Valley into a chocolate factory, 'establish what they are going to do'. I love that line.
  • Options
    Arguably we would have been more successful running a confectionary business in the last couple of years.

At least we would have had the comfort of nice sweeties to take our minds of things....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Black Jack to be our new manager in Candy backed buy out. FACT.

Black is a reference to his emotional state before anyone asks and that is before he takes over.....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kentred2[/cite]"........they are going through a funny time trying to establish what they are going to do next season."

says it all really!! sounds like a neat summary of what has been happening since Curbs was asked to go early!

the articles not true
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: J BLOCK joe[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: kentred2[/cite]"........they are going through a funny time trying to establish what they are going to do next season."

the articles not true

?

Having given once again to my sad addiction I checked the link a minute ago and it is for them trying to get a Spurs kid on loan, no mention of us at all. The lows are a bitch I tell thee
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cfgs[/cite]

the articles not true

?

Having given once again to my sad addiction I checked the link a minute ago and it is for them trying to get a Spurs kid on loan, no mention of us at all. The lows are a bitch I tell thee

Didn`t Imnot say that whole article is not online. Article says buy paper to read whole piece !?
  • Options
    why would he give the link is it wasn't their then?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: cfgs[/cite]

the articles not true

?

Didn`t Imnot say that whole article is not online. Article says buy paper to read whole piece !?

Doh,we will have to trust him/her then. On a tangent I must say that the Spurs lad sounds like some Harvard Law Student with that name.
  • Options
    Hi all

Does anybody out there realy now what is happening?.

As I said in a previous post I do believe that a takeover or something is happening.

However, has anybody got any concerete facts( no windups etc )and when we will hear from the club one way or another.
  • Options
    Rumours we have.

Concrete facts? Erm.....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CHARLTONHESTON[/cite]Hi all

Does anybody out there realy now what is happening?.

As I said in a previous post I do believe that a takeover or something is happening.

However, has anybody got any concerete facts( no windups etc )and when we will hear from the club one way or another.

It's all guess work. I hope we hear from the Club if and when it's a done deal but who can say when that will be if ever?

If you want another rumour/sign/speculation then Murray and Chappell are doing a Q & A on 25th June. Would they agree to do that with a takeover in progress? Maybe not so that means no takeover likely. Or it means that they expect the takeover to be done and dusted by then. Or it means nothing at all.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!