Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Takeover

Comments

• Options
    damn it ...... oh well
  • Options
    seems pretty obvious to me that the future is positive.... for Man U
  • Options
    For all of you who doubted me yesterday, the article's up in full on this is Exeter today:

http://www.thisisexeter.co.uk/sport/Tisdale-speaks-Spurs-seek-loan-Troy/article-1028306-detail/article.html

They only put a teaser up on the day its published, otherwise they wouldn't sell any papers :0)

Troy's a decent player by the way, a better prospect than Fleetwood imo
  • Options
    Press conference today at 3pm, wonder what thats about???
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Imnot Athletic[/cite]For all of you who doubted me yesterday, the article's up in full on this is Exeter today:

http://www.thisisexeter.co.uk/sport/Tisdale-speaks-Spurs-seek-loan-Troy/article-1028306-detail/article.html

They only put a teaser up on the day its published, otherwise they wouldn't sell any papers :0)

Troy's a decent player by the way, a better prospect than Fleetwood imo

I said everyone should believe you
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU16[/cite]Press conference today at 3pm, wonder what thats about???

please let us not start all this again
  • Options
    Can`t see ANYTHING about a press conference ?
  • Options
    may be we should have a press conference to announce there will not be a press conference for the forseeable future
  • Options
    Ah, but he didn't say it was a Charlton press conference did he!
  • Options
    Imnot, did you go to the Q & A last night?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Can`t see ANYTHING about a press conference ?

It's on the OS now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU16[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Can`t see ANYTHING about a press conference ?

It's on the OS now.

i feel for that!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Imnot, did you go to the Q & A last night?

Nope, went to Monkey World in Wareham and didn't get back til gone 7, sorry
  • Options
    Why oh why do we do this to oursleves? haha

I think there is more chance of having Ian Dowie playing up front next season with Ilic in goal than there is of a take over!

However if it happens then happy days!
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Imnot Athletic[/cite]

Spot any good defenders we should sign?

Not to worry, sure someone else went along.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

I'm sure whoever attended has been sworn to secrecy and couldn't possibly share anything from the meeting with fellow lifers!!!!
  • Options

It's on the OS now.

i CAN'T SEE ANYTHING, THIS A WIND-UP ??
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]

It's on the OS now.

It's there for me, odd.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Essex_Al[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

I'm sure whoever attended has been sworn to secrecy and couldn't possibly share anything from the meeting with fellow lifers!!!!

If that's the case then fair enough. happy to stick to the rules.

Shame there is no whisper facility on CL.
  • Options

It's on the OS now.

It's there for me, odd.
    Me too. And I'm surprised they've gone into that much detail already.

Who do you think they are referring to when they say we're signing "three established internationals and one former England captain"?
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]

It's on the OS now.

It's there for me, odd.
    Me too. And I'm surprised they've gone into that much detail already.

Who do you think they are referring to when they say we're signing "three established internationals and one former England captain"?

Shame it is the girl's team
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Does anyone on here actually still believe or think they are in the know about this alleged takeover ? I know I now am convinced it is all nonsense.
  • Options
    Nobody really knows other than those dealing with it, but I hope the silence means something
  • Options
    the fact that nothing is going on re players contracts, Parky etc makes believe that yes something is indeed going on.
  • Options
    I hope your'e right.

It will be very dispiriting if we are limping into next season in the current fashion...
  • Options
    Maybe no news re contracts could be Charlton breaking with tradition and trying to find replacements before players leave?
    I realise of course that this would be very Un-Charlton but you never know.
  • Options
    Guys, if there is something going on in the background those in the know can't say anyway. And quite frankly, even if they were able to confirm that something was being looked at, there's still the scope for it all going pearshaped like Zabeel did, so I don't want to know until it's definitely going to happen. Takinging anything we say on this thread as having any basis in fact is asking to get your hopes up unnecessarily. It's boring I know, but we may as well just assume that the status quo will remain in place until we hear otherwise.
  • Options
    Just spent 15 minutes of my life I'm never going to get back reading this thread.
    Now, IF i told you i know something, but can't tell anyone....................

#803.
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    [cite]Posted by: LargeAddick[/cite]the fact that nothing is going on ... makes me believe that yes something is indeed going on.
    That's the best post I have seen in a long time. Brilliant!
  • Options
    This thread needs to be sunk until something concrete is announced, IMHO.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]This thread needs to be sunk until something concrete is announced, IMHO.

What's the fun in that? It would spoil our morbid fascination with a load of nothingness...;-)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!