Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Hmm...Cardiff or Ringside WWE at the O2??

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]Stopped watching WWF a long, long time ago!

Was right into it back then as well as British wrestling. My old man was good mates with a wrestler called Pete Roberts so we used to get really good seats when he was fighting, got to meet loads of the other wrestlers backstage and I've got one of Pete's medals somewhere at home. One Sunday, they arranged a surprise for me.. we went out to Pete's house in Walderslade and found the 'Million Dollar Man' sitting in the living room with his Mrs! I was 12 or 13 at the time. His Mrs was a right sort.

I would have been chuffed with that now let alone when i was 12or 13
  • Options
    this him:

Super_D_Gateway_Logo_2_trans_GIF.jpg
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CAFCBourne[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]Stopped watching WWF a long, long time ago!

Was right into it back then as well as British wrestling. My old man was good mates with a wrestler called Pete Roberts so we used to get really good seats when he was fighting, got to meet loads of the other wrestlers backstage and I've got one of Pete's medals somewhere at home. One Sunday, they arranged a surprise for me.. we went out to Pete's house in Walderslade and found the 'Million Dollar Man' sitting in the living room with his Mrs! I was 12 or 13 at the time. His Mrs was a right sort.

I would have been chuffed with that now let alone when i was 12or 13

As mentioned earlier in this thread, Million Dollar Man's son is now in the WWE, his name is also Ted Dibiase plus Dusty Rhodes son Cody is also in the WWE - both are part of Legacy with Randy Orton (Bob Orton's son)
  • Options
    You live a sheltered life Dyer ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]this him:

Super_D_Gateway_Logo_2_trans_GIF.jpg

LOL. Would you admit to knowing someone who dressed like that?!
  • Options
    matt doyle is a realative of mine.... ;-)
  • Options
    "Judo" Al Hayes (Lord Alfred Hayes in WWF) lived in Bromley LOCKED ON FACT!
  • Options
    Best thread in ages fact
  • Options
    Medders they do some amateur wrestling down East street sometimes let you know when its on next well worth a look in.
    Get to mingle with them after as well
  • Options
    Isnt there a boxing place down there?

Wrestling and a few halfs in the Wheatie...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]Isnt there a boxing place down there?

Wrestling and a few halfs in the Wheatie...

Thw Wheatie the home of drink!! Yes thats the place put on some real good shows as well called clarkies
  • Options
    Carlsberg is a wrestler!
  • Options
    Ha ha ha MCS you look a lot bigger built in that poster ;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CAFCBourne[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]There were loads of empty seats last night CAFCBourne, half the upper tier wasn't opened. As it was a tapping and not a live show there were less breaks as well.

My £35 view was a hell of a lot better than the £45 I had!

It wasn't live show come on?? Who won what?
    Not a sell out either that does surprise me thought these events would be pact to the rafters with wrestling fanatics.
    When they doing more mate?
    Maybe all us lifers could go together for one!!

When I went to Wembley Arena the upper tier on the camera side wasn't open either. Think they do it so they can get their camara shots.
  • Options
    Time to resurrect this thread, but this time it's asking who is missing Colchester to see WWE at the O2?

I am, going both nights next Monday & Tuesday - can't wait :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WestStandCookie[/cite]Time to resurrect this thread, but this time it's asking who is missing Colchester to see WWE at the O2?

what time does that start and finish cos it's a pain in the arse when i've got to drive thru the blackwall tunnel near the rush hour to get to our ground for a midweeker
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WestStandCookie[/cite]Time to resurrect this thread, but this time it's asking who is missing Colchester to see WWE at the O2?

Colchester is too big a game to miss.

I think they're struggling to sell out and have resorted to using Bret Hart to push it! Just goes to show how weak the show is and how Cena can't draw.
  • Options

is that a wind up ?.....WWE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]

Is it real?
  • Options
    If Kelly Kelly is gonna be there i would seriously contemplate going.....seeing her in person would put images in the bank to last a decade.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]

Yes, WWE.
    Colchester is huge but the tickets were booked months ago, I will be getting texted updates from The Valley :-)
  • Options
    Chris Canyon killed himself last weekend. :-(

R.I.P.
  • Options
    West stand cookie - i am intrigued to know how old you are?
  • Options
    Age isn't relevant Chris, when I was 7 I knew "pro" wrestling was garbage. it's intelligence... ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]West stand cookie - i am intrigued to know how old you are?

Why??? Just because I watch WWE makes me some kind of wrong'un does it, to me it's just the same as Eastenders - a soap opera with actors.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WestStandCookie[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]West stand cookie - i am intrigued to know how old you are?

Why??? Just because I watch WWE makes me some kind of wrong'un does it, to me it's just the same as Eastenders - a soap opera with actors.

I make you right Cookie. Not to mention, Eastenders has Heather Trott, WWE has Kelly Kelly. No brainer really.
  • Options
    When I was 7 I thought beer was shit!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ollywozere[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WestStandCookie[/cite]

I make you right Cookie. Not to mention, Eastenders has Heather Trott, WWE has Kelly Kelly. No brainer really.

Olly, Heather Trott is actually in both.

earthquake.jpg
  • Options

I don't go to most home games anyway, and am ringside for Smackdown/NXT on the Tuesday. I used to go to the Raw nights, but Raw is pish these days. Last year did Smackdown then Backlash (rated the best PPV of the year by most wrestling mags) in Providence five days later - awesome! Only recently realised it's the same night as Colchester. Might bump into some of me Charlton mates in the Pilot before the game/bouts, yay!