Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Derby vs Charlton match thread

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: seth plum[/cite]Waggy on for Ward, about time Steve Waggott started earning his enormous wage.

Have I missed something about Waggott's wages ? Is their a thread on it ?

lol, 495 and out

sorry, lost me there
  • Options
    Kandol sounds to be on his usual 'form' - three bad misses and a couple of fouls.
    3 mins stoppage.....
  • Options
    Watford 3-2 up after being 2-0 down. Brendan Rodgers has made a big difference their with the same squad, just as Parky has.
  • Options
    Lets hope we maintain our claim to bottom place which is ours by right. By the way, do you think there will be a lap of honour next week ?
  • Options
    Last minute of injury time
  • Options
    ft
  • Options
    Thats it, ANOTHER miserable defeat.
  • Options
    all over
  • Options
    Well that sounded a pretty shite game
  • Options
    all done then what crap
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    certainly not much to cheer about, that's for sure
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: seth plum[/cite]Waggy on for Ward, about time Steve Waggott started earning his enormous wage.

Have I missed something about Waggott's wages ? Is their a thread on it ?

lol, 495 and out

sorry, lost me there

its quoted some where as bing in the 200k a year kinda region - I think, can't be arsed searchig if thats right though, may be utter bollox
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]Watford 3-2 up after being 2-0 down. Brendan Rodgers has made a big difference their with the same squad, just as Parky has.

They actually have goalscoring strikers though. Pardew's fault for that, he had millions to spend on them, Parkinson had nothing. I know Parkinson signed Burton and Kandol but by then we were bottom of the league and there wasn't much available, which Pardew showed himself when he signed Waghorn.
  • Options
    I have rarely wanted a season to end so much.

Back to an old-style 3rd division tour next season - at least that should be more of a laugh than the last couple of years.
  • Options
    2 shots on and 1 off in about 96 mins of football.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ChicagoAddick[/cite]2 shots on and 1 off in about 96 mins of football.

Impressive !
  • Options
    right, cheers Scruffle. Oh well, another glorious defeat. If we can lose again next week we'll be on a roll and I reckon Parky deserves the job full-time then.
  • Options
    619 charlton at the game
  • Options
    wayhay !! Bottom guaranteed, all our hard work has paid off. Saints relegated and a minus 10 start next season. Should ensure us at least 23rd place.
  • Options
    Norwich home to Reading on Monday and then us. Barnsley have Plymouth away.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Narwich lose to Reading and it's nearly curtains.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]I have rarely wanted a season to end so much.

Back to an old-style 3rd division tour next season - at least that should be more of a laugh than the last couple of years.

Blimey Stonemuse that's generous, I can't think of any other season that even compares to this one in terms of wanting it over and done with. By far the worst in what must be close to 35 of them now.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Les Addicks[/cite]

Blimey Stonemuse that's generous, I can't think of any other season that even compares to this one in terms of wanting it over and done with. By far the worst in what must be close to 35 of them now.

I'd agree , the previous 'worst' must have been the year Andy Nelsen led us down with a complete shambles that included
    one Gary Churchouse , probably as bad as any player ever seen in a Charlton shirt. The game against Swansea that season had a 4'000 crowd and
    the club were in a terminal state that eventually led to the Valley being vacated.
  • Options
    News from the coach we are all In a party mood
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Nelsenout[/cite]

Blimey Stonemuse that's generous, I can't think ofanyother season that even compares to this one in terms of wanting it over and done with. By far the worst in what must be close to 35 of them now.

I'd agree , the previous 'worst' must have been the year Andy Nelsen led us down with a complete shambles that included
    one Gary Churchouse , probably as bad as any player ever seen in a Charlton shirt. The game against Swansea that season had a 4'000 crowd and
    the club were in a terminal state that eventually led to the Valley being vacated.

Curious to know why you call yourself Nelsenout...who is Nelsen...or do you mean Andy Nelson...with an o?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Nelsenout[/cite]

Blimey Stonemuse that's generous, I can't think ofanyother season that even compares to this one in terms of wanting it over and done with. By far the worst in what must be close to 35 of them now.

The difference for me being that back then our expectations were so much less, so when we failed to meet them it didn't seem quite so much of a shock. Same can't be said of this team, who are paid relatively well in comparison to their peers and on paper at least should have been up there challenging.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Les Addicks[/cite]The difference for me being that back then our expectations were so much less, so when we failed to meet them it didn't seem quite so much of a shock. Same can't be said of this team, who are paid relatively well in comparison to their peers and on paper at least should have been up there challenging.

Up there challenging? We have no goalscorers, two centre backs that we own, one winger, far too many central midfielders and very average full backs. We've got a mid table squad at best, and that was at the start of the season when we thought Gray and Varney might have been capable of 10 goals each.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Les Addicks[/cite]The difference for me being that back then our expectations were so much less, so when we failed to meet them it didn't seem quite so much of a shock. Same can't be said of this team, who are paid relatively well in comparison to their peers and on paper at least should have been up there challenging.

Up there challenging? We have no goalscorers, two centre backs that we own, one winger, far too many central midfielders and very average full backs. We've got a mid table squad at best, and that was at the start of the season when we thought Gray and Varney might have been capable of 10 goals each.

Hindsight and all that Scoham...or are you claiming that back in August you expected us to be in the bottom half let alone relegated? Fair play if you did but I certainly didn't with a team that still had a smattering of players with Premiership experience in it!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]

Hindsight and all that Scoham...or are you claiming that back in August you expected us to be in the bottom half let alone relegated? Fair play if you did but I certainly didn't with a team that still had a smattering of players with Premiership experience in it!

I expected mid table at best, was hoping to be challenging.

Not really the point though, looking at the squad now, we should have never had expectations of anything more than mid table. Why expect them to play like a good team now when we know they aren't with a minimum 2 or 3 additions to the squad? The squad is unbalanced, we have huge weaknesses (no goalscorers being the main one) even though we do have some good players.
  • Options
    That would rate as one of the worst games of footie i have ever watched

Dull Dull Dull Dull

we must have had 70% of the possesion in the 1st half and done fudge all with it

Kandol must go

Burton Must Go

Parky Must Go