Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Norwich

edited April 2009 in General Charlton
Hi members.

I realise this will not be popular with some of you but this is my last resort.

I am a Norwich fan desperate to get into next weeks game. Can anybody get me tickets please. I would prefer East Stand block A. I am after a minimum of 3 or maximum of 5. I am prepared to pay a premium on the price if you help me out. We will not wear any colours and remain neutral for the entire game.

Thanks for your time. Please e mail me if you can help

Coral.

Comments

• Options
    Coral mate we are not able to help - we wont sell out so if you are that determined buy on the day!
  • Options
    Coral...3 or 5 of you and you're going to stay neutral at a game that looks like it's going to be your biggest (or at least most important), of the season?
    Errrrrrrrrm..... somehow I don't think so mate!
    Bear in mind the person getting you these tickets could find themselves in a shite load of bother with the club if anything untoward were to occur.
  • Options
    I realise its a big ask and if you cant help thats fine but I have to try something. Reading the local boards it seems like lots of Norwich fans have already gone down this route. If the game is not a sell out we wouldnt need to sit in the seats bought. My guess is a group of Norwich fans will sit together in the home end. The tickets are for me my husband my son his girlfriend and my daughter so its not as though we are going to be drunken hooligans. I appreciate not many Charlton fans will be keen on me even asking but as I said I gotta try.
  • Options
    Who are you calling members eh?
    You wanna start something?
    Oh, sorry thought you were politely swearing at us.
    But seriously, go away with your silly requests
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: coral[/cite]I realise its a big ask and if you cant help thats fine but I have to try something. Reading the local boards it seems like lots of Norwich fans have already gone down this route. If the game is not a sell out we wouldnt need to sit in the seats bought. My guess is a group of Norwich fans will sit together in the home end. The tickets are for me my husband my son his girlfriend and my daughter so its not as though we are going to be drunken hooligans. I appreciate not many Charlton fans will be keen on me even asking but as I said I gotta try.

Coral be aware that there is always the chance of some nutter around and you guys will be full of emotion, if you still have a chance of staying up. jumping up and celebrating a goal could result in a reaction, even verbal if its directed against, you, your daughter or sons girlfriend one of your male contingent may react in defence and the whole thing blows up --- is it really worth the risk?

On a positive side, if you do come to the Valley you will be welcome pre match in the Rose of Denmark in the woolwhich road
  • Options
    Cant Norwich arrange some sort of big screen at carrow road showing the game live. Make a bit of extra revenue and possibly sell out the whole stadium. Ok wont be the same as being at the game but they havent managed to get a ticket surely the next best thing for atmosphere.
  • Options
    Coral, I think your fellow supporters and you need to be aware that the club knows that a number of Norwich supporters have or are going to buy tickets in the home areas. No doubt as I write this they are busy planning what to do on the day. After all they can read message boards as well you know. I suspect that most will be detected and ejected.

If we are caught giving our season tickets to opposition fans, we risk being banned.
  • Options
    There's is as much chance of 5 of you sitting together staying under the radar as there is of us staying up. On you're won it's easy, with two starting to get tricky as you'll chat to each other during the game, with 5 you'll stick out like Barrack Obama at a Klan meeting. If anyone does give their tickets under those circumstances they'll get a caning off the club and quite frankly deserve it too.
  • Options
    You would like to think that the team would put in a performance for the fans for this week, in what I regard as the poorest season I can recall in nearly 50 years of support.

'The highlights ' to missuse a word was the Palace and Reading games for me.

In what I can only describe as a piss poor season, even now I am shaking my head as to how we are in this sad state.

With respect to Norwich and how important a game it is for them, if we needed a game to give us some sense of belief for next season, before the players depart some for good, perhaps they might like to put an extra effort in, and perhaps Parky could play two up front and give the crowd something to cheer about, because by christ we need it!
  • Options
    Ken ........ don't hold your breathe
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I expect its all been said about the reasons additional Norwich fans cannot be accomodated,but as per the cup matches is it that hard to segregate the East Stand
    even at short notice and not make a decent profit even allowing for the additional costs involved?
    Its not like the switchboard has not learnt to field tougher issues in its time from upset fans?
  • Options
    Because charlton fans like to bitch. If they asked season ticket holders to move - can you imagine the whinging and the calls "thats the final straw im not renewing".
  • Options
    Thanks for your comments

We will be travelling down whatever so we may well see you in the pub Kap10. I just hope sky pick it as a live game but that obviously depends on our result tomorrow.
    If we are relegated we will see you next year because I guess tickets will be easier to come by.

Good luck all.
  • Options
    so lets get this right, if you lose tomorrow you're not coming, ?

Yes, you're just the kind of supporter Norewich need right now !!

And you want one of us on here to get you 5 tickets for a fame you cant miss for the world..........but only if you are not rel;egated by then. What do we then do with 5 useless tickets...........sell then on?

you're a true fan then !
  • Options
    Fao golfaddick

If you read my post I say we are coming whatever.
    Tomorrows result will depend on whether sky screen the game!!!

Yes I am a true fan. I have already renewed for next year with 17000 others.
  • Options
    Lol ..... she got you there, Golfie .....!

;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: coral[/cite]Fao golfaddick

If you read my post I say we are coming whatever.
    Tomorrows result will depend on whether sky screen the game!!!

Yes I am a true fan. I have already renewed for next year with 17000 others.

17,000. Impressive. I have to say that you lot sell a lot of season tickets. One of the best in The Championship I believe, let alone Div 3.
  • Options
    me and my mates had the same problem in the 90s against bristol rovers, needed to win the game to get in the playoffs, went up got the tickets in bristols end, with the game so tense we could not keep our gobs shut.Resulting in getting a bit of a kickin.police took us out and put us in our end. lost 1.0 but a good day out.
  • Options
    We have been to worse places sitting in the home end than Charlton. A few seasons back we sat in with the tractor boys. If ever there was a case for keeping quiet that was it. We may see you in the pub Kap, but I dont think the photo will be too good seeing as we will not be in colours. If anybody does feel like buying tickets for us one of us will drive down and pay the same day. Nice talking see you Sunday
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: coral[/cite]We have been to worse places sitting in the home end than Charlton. A few seasons back we sat in with the tractor boys. If ever there was a case for keeping quiet that was it. We may see you in the pub Kap, but I dont think the photo will be too good seeing as we will not be in colours. If anybody does feel like buying tickets for us one of us will drive down and pay the same day. Nice talking see you Sunday

Coral there has been another thread on this which was less pleasant reading than this. I really think there is another and better way. The timing of the match on a bank holiday could easily lead to trouble anywhere. I have been really surprised how strongly fellow Charlton fans feel about this but there are some who hold very strong views. Personally I wish it wasnt like that but it is.

As I read it tomorrows result whatever happens wont finalise the matter necessarily but I would prefer it if it went to the wire.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    somehow i dont think we'll sell all 4520 by sunday that are left???
  • Options
    Looks more likely we will be sending them down Sunday.

Norwich 0 reading 2
  • Options
    Norwich need to beat us and hope Barnsley lose at Plymouth
  • Options
    I've just got back from watching the 2nd half up the pub.

Watching Norwich was just like watching Charlton - Norwich were well in the match, some neat passing, taking the game to Reading .....and then a Reading counter-attack and bang, the ball's in the Norwich net with 20 mins left.

Norwich visibly shrivelled. their passing game changed into hopeful longball punts, and the crowd became eerily silent as their anxiety got the better of them. Inevitably 10 minutes later Reading scored a second, game over.

As I said, it was just like watching Charlton.
  • Options
    See you next year Narwich baaaaaa!
  • Options
    and still nobody will get me tickets? what have you got to lose? We are both down now, tonights performance was typical, we were outclassed on the big occasion as usual.
  • Options
    I would get you tickets, but i simply can't be arsed with the hassel.
  • Options
    We are willing to pay you for your hassle thou
  • Options
    Fair one for coming on and asking

I have sat in the Jimmy Seed with yids who some of you know I have immense love for. We beat them 3-1 I have never, ever been so frustrated or wound up watching my side! I will never do that again
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Coral,

I live in Norwich and I could have sold my season tickets to the highest bidder and taken my chance that you'll all behave yourselves in the home end. Actually I support Charlton, I am going, I don't f*cking care if were already down. It's my team, if they fall out of the league and have to do an Aldershot or an AFC Wimbledon, I'll still support them. It's the last game of the season, I want to sit in my seat and watch my team play, without being surrounded by the neurosis of interloper Canary fans.

Those who decide not to go have every right to boycott the matches as their way of dealing with the disaster without being badgered to give up their tickets.

Please jog on now and leave us alone - believe it or not, we are pretty unhappy having been relegated only two seasons out of the premier league which we managed to remain in for seven years greatly against the odds. Most of us have known worse times as supporters than this though so most of us, especially on here, bear our teams failings with stoicism and a bit of gallows humour.

I respect your love of your team, please, please respect ours.