Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Norwich

Comments

• Options
    ok sorry to intrude you will not hear from me again. good luck next year see you Sunday.
  • Options
    good luck with getting a ticket coral i know it was a lot of hassle trying to get a ticket for luton (when there was an away fans ban) years back but i managed to get in most seasons ....
    hope you get in and you stay up cos norwich are a well supported team come rain or shine, unlike ourselves whose season ticket base was as flakey as one of my dumps after a curry once the third tier trap door and no freebie was on offer
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: coral[/cite]and still nobody will get me tickets? what have you got to lose? We are both down now, tonights performance was typical, we were outclassed on the big occasion as usual.

You must be crap, we beat Reading at our place 4-2, could have been 6!!!
    See you next year and you can sit where you like, have a whole row if you want :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]Coral,

I live in Norwich and I could have sold my season tickets to the highest bidder and taken my chance that you'll all behave yourselves in the home end. Actually I support Charlton, I am going, I don't f*cking care if were already down. It's my team, if they fall out of the league and have to do an Aldershot or an AFC Wimbledon, I'll still support them. It's the last game of the season, I want to sit in my seat and watch my team play, without being surrounded by the neurosis of interloper Canary fans.

Those who decide not to go have every right to boycott the matches as their way of dealing with the disaster without being badgered to give up their tickets.

Please jog on now and leave us alone - believe it or not, we are pretty unhappy having been relegated only two seasons out of the premier league which we managed to remain in for seven years greatly against the odds. Most of us have known worse times as supporters than this though so most of us, especially on here, bear our teams failings with stoicism and a bit of gallows humour.

I respect your love of your team, please, please respect ours.

Great post Bing, I think the first paragraph sums up how a vast majority of us feel.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]Coral,

I live in Norwich and I could have sold my season tickets to the highest bidder and taken my chance that you'll all behave yourselves in the home end. Actually I support Charlton, I am going, I don't f*cking care if were already down. It's my team, if they fall out of the league and have to do an Aldershot or an AFC Wimbledon, I'll still support them. It's the last game of the season, I want to sit in my seat and watch my team play, without being surrounded by the neurosis of interloper Canary fans.

Spot on
  • Options
    i would never get a ticket for another fan of another team to sit in any of the home areas
  • Options
    I woulsd never ever consider selling my ticket for any game to anyone (unless I really could not make it), but I would never sell/give it to an away fan I could not trust through knowing them personally.

For my sins I am bringing a Naaaarwich fan with me on Sunday (my brother in law) but he has been quite a few times in the past and I know he will not embarrass me. TBH he is only really coming on a pilgrimage to civilisation and to his Valley Cafe fry up and drink to both our relegations
  • Options
    i would if it meant i would make a nice tidy profit.

see you at the station on sunday norwich fans.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]good luck with getting a ticket coral i know it was a lot of hassle trying to get a ticket for luton (when there was an away fans ban) years back but i managed to get in most seasons ....
    hope you get in and you stay up cos norwich are a well supported team come rain or shine, unlike ourselves whose season ticket base was as flakey as one of my dumps after a curry once the third tier trap door and no freebie was on offer

I remember we used to meet a bloke in the Brewery Tap each season, local Charlton fan who gave us Membership cards, I got in once with a womans card.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]i would if it meant i would make a nice tidy profit.

Terrible although it would mean you could stay in the pub instead
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    well im geting 5 tickets Wednesday / Thursday for peeps that go when they feel like it ---- so as i said week or so back dnt be surprised if its a bigger gate than alot thought it would be.
  • Options
    Like cfgs, I wouldn't have a problem taking an opposing team friend or family member to a match - providing it wasn't going to deprive a Charlton supporter of their chance to see their team.

And secondly, he could be tried and trusted to behave, and not antagonise home supporters in surrounding seats.
    You'd have to know them well, you must be able to trust them - you couldn't take just anybody.

But that's a big ask in what would be a tension filled crunch match for any Norwich supporter - that you didn't know from Adam.
    So I wouldn't do it.

Last season, I went to Argyle when they played Charlton - Rob Elliot's debut match - on my workmates' party group ticket of 6 Argyle and 4 Charlton supporters. We were sat in the middle of the Argyle main stand.

It was fine. Lots of good banter with non-work surrounding Argyle fans, no antagonism, they were interested to find out about Charlton's season and discuss their Argyle team.

It often used to be like that amongst both sets of supporters in times past, having a drink together before and after the match (like the Rose of Denmark).

After all, we are all football fans. It's just the idiots who ruin it.
  • Options
    I am no idiot as Oggy puts it but do not know if I would be happy having an away fan I did not know lording it over me during the game
  • Options
    you couldnt flog to a stranger, be taking too big a chance. have often taken in other friends who supported opposing teams but only ones i love and trust not to let me down.
  • Options
    Coral are u a babe ? if u are u can sit on my lap.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Coral are u a babe ? if u are u can sit on my lap.

Remember Babe was a pig
  • Options
    might get the Swine Flu STD
  • Options
    We need a Would Ya picture from Coral
  • Options
    It’s pathetic that football fans cant sit together. Every other sport manages it – one of the best (well only) things about Rugby is the banter. It doesn’t make any sense, you could be talking to a Norwich fan 10 minutes before kick off in the pub as happy as anything, having a laugh together. But then because of the team he/she supports you can’t be within 100 yards of each other during the game. It’s not as if either Charlton or Norwich are violent clubs. I’m pretty shocked by the response from Lifers to be honest.

I wouldn’t buy an away fan a ticket in case it jeapordised me in any way (i.e. getting banned from the Valley) but if there’s a Norwich fan next to me on Sunday I couldn’t care less, in fact it might be a laugh to watch them go through all the emotions of a final day relegation battle.
  • Options
    I think Coral is a yummy mummy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I took an away fan with me to a last game of the season once, a friend i had known for years!!
    God he never wanted to go through that again so many happy faces, continuous singing, yes for my sins i took a Palace fan the day we relegated them. He never showed 1 sign of emotion how it done it i will never know!!
  • Options
    bourne that is very funny. why on earth did he do it.
  • Options
    Desperation to be there for the outcome! I warned him that he was in the north upper would not make it out alive if he showed any sign of being a Palace supporter. We gave each other the knowing nod a few times and i was belting out the fact that they were going down knowing he couldn't say a word. As i said i couldn't have been happier that day.
  • Options
    I think Bourne should be banned for

1: having a palarse mate

2: for letting him into sacred home areas

3: admitting it

:-)
  • Options
    I just dontknow how he managed to sit there without exploding. Blimey thats got to to be worse... did you take himto the pub after also?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]I think Bourne should be banned for

1: having a palarse mate

2: for letting him into sacred home areas

3: admitting it

:-)

It taken a long time to come with this, might do some editing ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]I just dontknow how he managed to sit there without exploding. Blimey thats got to to be worse... did you take himto the pub after also?

He was about all day, but we only had a few after in The Oak!!
  • Options
    I took my mate "Everton" Bill to afew games in the Covered End;
    The best one was when he was shouting abuse at Liverpool in his thick scouse accent. Stewards were confused.
    He came with us for a couple of Everton games and behaved himself better than "Drunken Duncan" ever did.
  • Options
    Just remembering, when I was about 15 going to a Millwall home match with Millwall supporting friends from school, and wearing my Charlton scarf wrapped round my middle but very much hidden under my jacket.

On the train home, I undid my jacket to reveal the sacrilege - all hell broke loose amongst my schoolmates, as I'd violated their end with red & white. They bundled me to the floor and jumped all over me trying to get my scarf off to throw out of the train window.

But at school on Monday, I was a Charlton 'hero' as the story spread round. Even the Millwall said I had b*llocks - but actually I was probably just stupid, and lucky not to get my head caved in, lol

If you've no idea what Millwall were like in the old days - or just want a reminder, here's an absorbing read:

http://www.millwall-history.co.uk/Millwallversusthemob.htm
  • Options
    I've got a spare Coral, I'll meet you in the Ferrier estate to avoid detection from the police. I'll be wearing a hoodie.