Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Life Golf Society - 29th May 2009 - old thread

Comments

• Just off to get 18 holes on the hill which is much needed practice for next week, as I'm in such esteemed company.
  • Dont forget to take a spare pair of socks lads
  • [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]Just off to get 18 holes on the hill which is much needed practice for next week, as I'm in such esteemed company.

I'm primed and ready, Lol. Same old story hook one, slice one, then cream a beauty!! and that was just my putting, still if was consistantly hitting them true I'd be a professional.
  • [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]Just off to get 18 holes on the hill which is much needed practice for next week, as I'm in such esteemed company.

Practice???

Surely this is against the rules!
  • [cite]Posted By: Alex Wright[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]Just off to get 18 holes on the hill which is much needed practice for next week, as I'm in such esteemed company.

Practice???

Surely this is against the rules!

Rules, there are Rules?
    Had you seen me play last time out you would have seen it was an absolute necessity, I think Duck Killer Browns fowl record could be on the line here ;)
  • Oi whats that supposed to mean! :-)
  • edited May 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Duck-Killer Brown[/cite]Oi whats that supposed to mean! :-)

I reckon,the way I'm playing, 2 ducks and a Candian Goose could be laid to rest next week. That'll be the nearest I get to a Birdee, eagle or albertross ;)
  • edited May 2009
    Would those definate/possible/maybe entrants to the "3rd" CharltonLife Open Golf Championships" please add your Handicaps below so that I can organise the Score cards on the day. I will play to my golf society handicap or more to the point I wont play to it,

T.C.E.... 16
    Mcs...... 28
    RedArmySE7..... 28
    Luva Luva......25
    Supaclive.......20
    AFKA.......22
    Swisdom......28
    Les Berrys Tash.....14
    1905...........105 ;)
    Paul "The Micky Mouser"..........18 - who will be drawn with Mcs, purely for the entertainment of everyone else :)
    Mike..............11 ..A sympathetic Charlton fan (aint we all )
    BobBolder..........
    Brunello..........
  • I'm useless highest handicap possible.
  • [cite]Posted By: RedArmySE7[/cite]I'm useless highest handicap possible.

Yep me too, last years wooden spoon winner me ya know!!
  • Sponsored links:

• it's the 3rd chaltonlife society open. previous winners were pbs and then oohaah.
  • [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]it's the 3rd chaltonlife society open. previous winners were pbs and then oohaah.

My apology's.
  • That'l be 25 now, having cut myself after North Weald Ray.
  • [cite]Posted By: Luva Luva[/cite]That'l be 25 now, having cut myself after North Weald Ray.

Andy, any chance you could do the cards at the end of the day?
  • yep no probs , i guess im your bitch for the day
  • 20 for me (official golf club handicap)
  • I had another cheeky practice round today on the hill, and based on this performance I should at least be playing off 28 on friday. I was crap of the highest order, I scratched 5 holes on ther back nine "fecking rubbish" I saved my best performance for the ninetenth (hic)
  • T.C.E. Dont think i will be givin you any shots back. The way you have been playin this year YOUNG man i think you more like SINGLE figures. Dont forget to bring your mexican hat with you friday . lol
  • Erm - played off 24 last time out and haven't played in 7 months....

put me down for a 28 please dude......i'll hit the driving range this week and see if there is scope to bring that down but as things stand i'll be fighting Olly for the wooden spoon!
  • I'm ever hopeful I'll be able to make Friday, possibly with golf playing 7 year old in tow but I may leave hime in the garden with a bowl of water and some bsicuits, he'll be fine.

Handicap wise, 14 would be good for me. I've been a 9 a few years ago but the best I've played to in the last year is 16 so I reckon 14's fair incase I have a flash back to when I couold hit a ball straight!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Sorry - happy to help with handicaps (do it for my society)
  • Only cracked 100 once in the last year, but happy to play off 22
  • I havent played for over a year and have never played the course. Always played off the maximum, but if by some miracle I get all my game together for 18 holes then I could be chased out of town - I anticipate something around 105.
  • Still a bit low on numbers Gents, the course phoned me today and would like confirmation of numbers tonight. So if you can let us know tonight that would be great.
  • edited May 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Les Berrys Tash[/cite]I'm ever hopeful I'll be able to make Friday, possibly with golf playing 7 year old in tow but I may leave hime in the garden with a bowl of water and some bsicuits, he'll be fine.

Handicap wise, 14 would be good for me. I've been a 9 a few years ago but the best I've played to in the last year is 16 so I reckon 14's fair incase I have a flash back to when I couold hit a ball straight!!!!

Get yourself a buggy mate and fill it up with crisps and sweets that'll keep him entertained, while you get out to whack the occassional shot.
  • My mate is up for it - Liverpool fan but he has a soft spot for Charlton (we went to school together and I kind of forced it upon him)

his handicap is 18 and his name is Paul
  • Sorry Guys but work has reared its ugly head. I won't be able to make it now I'm afraid.
  • My mate, called Mike (football sympathiser for Charlton) can play. He plays off 11 .... hits the ball a mile - but a lot of the time it goes a mile in the wrong direction. Is this ok?
  • yes supa, can you get a definate confirmation ? cheers
  • [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]Would those definate/possible/maybe entrants to the "3rd" CharltonLife Open Golf Championships" please add your Handicaps below so that I can organise the Score cards on the day. I will play to my golf society handicap or more to the point I wont play to it,

T.C.E.... 16
    Mcs...... 28
    RedArmySE7..... 28
    Luva Luva......25
    Supaclive.......20
    AFKA.......22
    Swisdom......28
    Les Berrys Tash.....14
    1905...........105 ;)
    Paul "The Micky Mouser"..........18 - who will be drawn with Mcs, purely for the entertainment of everyone else :)
    Mike..............11 ..A sympathetic Charlton fan (aint we all )
    BobBolder..........
    Brunello..........

With Pbs still to confirm, 13 so far.