Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Life Golf Society - 29th May 2009 - old thread

Comments

• Options
    Can you put me now for this as I have the day off now.

I very rarely get under 100 so presume my handicap will be 28.

What time are you meeting ?
  • Options
    good man palcafc.

we'll post up meet details tomorrow
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    quote][cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]Would those definate/possible/maybe entrants to the "3rd" CharltonLife Open Golf Championships" please add your Handicaps below so that I can organise the Score cards on the day. I will play to my golf society handicap or more to the point I wont play to it,

T.C.E.... 16
    Mcs...... 28
    RedArmySE7..... 28
    Luva Luva......25
    AFKA.......22
    Swisdom......28
    Les Berrys Tash.....14
    1905...........28 ;)
    Paul "The Micky Mouser"..........18 - who will be drawn with Mcs, purely for the entertainment of everyone else :)
    Mike..............11 ..A sympathetic Charlton fan (aint we all )
    Palcafc..........28
    Ron.............19... Luva Luva's mate
    Mike............28.....Luva Luva's other mate

PBS has failed a late fitness test
    Now standing at 13
  • Options
    Just sorted some bats out, now for some shoe things.

Looking forward to showing you ladies how to schwing a golf bat proper.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]Just sorted some bats out, now for some shoe things.

Looking forward to showing you ladies how to schwing a golf bat proper.

Get some 2 inch nails and whack em through a pair of old trainers ;) What size are you mate I'm looking to get a new pair before friday so I might be able to help you out.
  • Options
    Nine mate?? Needs some of them nail things, and some little round white things too!??!
  • Options
    Yes AFKA, me and my buddy Mike are confirmed for Friday. Will see you around 10.30.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: supaclive[/cite]Yes AFKA, me and my buddy Mike are confirmed for Friday. Will see you around 10.30.

About ten for Breakfast or Luva Luva will eat yours ;)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]Nine mate?? Needs some of them nail things, and some little round white things too!??!

I take it you mean "balls" how many do you want? do you need tees? I'll bring some of each. I've just found out my shoes wont be ready so I cant help you there. Sorry mate.
  • Options
    Don't worry Ray i will sort something out dude.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2009
    By the way Gents, When we play golf there's a dress code (a bad one) but a dress code ;)
  • Options
    Just to add, if any others of those playing have a mate who might fancy it, now would be a good time to ask them !
  • Options
    Do i have to wear troosers, or can wear some tailored shorts, it wouldn't be fair on any beaver that would be there if i didn't have me pegs out!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]Do i have to wear troosers, or can wear some tailored shorts, it wouldn't be fair on any beaver that would be there if i didn't have me pegs out!!

Taylored shorts are good mate, the louder the better. I have a belting pair of strides just for Birchwood. :) See if Andy L turns up in the most shocking lime green outfit since his USA set up last year.
  • Options
    Ray , Ron has just got back to me, he would be delighted to join in the antics !!!! on friday , put him down for a 19 H'cap please mate.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]Nine mate?? Needs some of them nail things, and some little round white things too!??!

I have sorted you out a dozen golf balls, nothing special just ones that I found that when playing various places and they might need a clean. I found you some

Tees as well.
  • Options
    Cheer Raymondude. See you Friday, just picked up me bats, got a few balls and some shoes too. Yey me
  • Options
    Ps Ray can i go out first group please???? I did last year and was first in the bar, plus i like going first, its better innit!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]Ps Ray can i go out first group please???? I did last year and was first in the bar, plus i like going first, its better innit!

I thought being the shy, retiring type you would to go out last. ;) I cant see it being a problem, but that was the same reason I wanted to go out first.
  • Options
    SO we play in the first tee thingy 4some whatever you call it together!! Amywho i need someone to help me do my scorey thing, if its points like last year i dont get that, last year Des (Hillsys mate) and OoOOh AAaahhhh helped me round.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]SO we play in the first tee thingy 4some whatever you call it together!! Amywho i need someone to help me do my scorey thing, if its points like last year i dont get that, last year Des (Hillsys mate) and OoOOh AAaahhhh helped me round.

No problem with your card, put yourself down for 41 points then I'll declare you the winner, and we stay in the bar ;)
  • Options
    29th May
    Birchwood Park Golf Club, Wilmington

The 3rd CharltonLife open championship: entrance fee £30

Right Gents, Coffee and bacon rolls will be served at 10.am. with the first tee at 10.50am. You will then have ham, egg and

Chips when you return about 16.00.

We will scrape together some prizes for the the winner as well the customary nearest the pins on all the par 3s, as well as the longest drive (maybe the 17th) along

with a prize for the days worse score.

Have your dough ready, I hate asking for money ;)

See you all friday, it should be fun.

Ray
  • Options
    I will help you collect the dosh mate if you hate asking for money.
  • Options
    Having just returned from my first trip to the driving range in 7 months I would appreciate if I could play off the red tees - and could therefore have a handicap of 36

My god - that was awful!
  • Options
    Swisdom - I did the same on Tuesday night. Got to World of Golf during happy hour and ended up with 150 golf balls. I have blistered the absolute granny out of my poor delicate hands. The fact that I can barely pick up a club and barely got one of the 150 to go where I wanted, I think I should also be firing off the reds off something around 50.

looking forward to it ...............
  • Options
    Found out i have been booked in for a treat at the same course as you guys tomorrow so hopefully see you in the club house guys. Dan i'll buy you adrink for ya birthday ;-)
  • Options
    does that mean i'll have to buy you one for yours !
  • Options
    Sounds good then we can carry on returning the favours till we are suitably merry
  • Options
    Ps anyone in MCS group tomorrow be prepared to wait you will have him changing his trousers 3 times during the round due to various weather issues, running back for clubs left on the previous green, conking out his golf buggy, trying to stop him chatting whilst playing a shot, him yelling "shot" as soon as you connect to then watch it disappear into the woods!!
    Enjoy guys ;-)
  • Options
    Lol