Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Life Golf Society - 29th May 2009 - old thread

Comments

• Options
    Cheers for a good day one and all and thanks Ray

And thanks to Olly for providing entertainment for the day
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: palcafc[/cite]Had a really good day .

The only worrying thing was that the missus wanted to save the picture of me jack and james. She has loads of photos of me so why does she want to save it !!!![/quote]

Jack?
  • Options
    There is something very dodgy about that picture of AFKA, come on, what was you standing on?
  • Options
    I meant Ray!!!

Missus has said that she likes his trousers and wants me to get some!!!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: palcafc[/cite]I meant Ray!!!

Missus has said that she likes his trousers and wants me to get some!!![/quote]

The lady obviously recognises style when she see's it !!

I sort out the phone number for my taylor.

And Luva Luva, you can f*** off, Jack Duckworth indeed. ;)
  • Options
    Thanks again TCE for organising, considering a number of drop outs everything went extremely smoothly and it was a really enjoyable day. Burnt the back of my neck something silly though. Well done Swisdom on winning.

Played Birchwood again last night, and noticed the greens were nowhere near as sandy as they was on Friday. Still didn't help me much though :-(
  • Options
    Yeah good day, cheers Ray. Nearly taking Luva Luva's head off on the 16th was pretty funny! I am sorry... Sort of! However MCS playing the 16th before us taking about 7 shots with the same club not realising he'd left his bag back at the tee was my highlight. I'm convinced he'd have tried to putt with his 7 iron if I hadn't done my best caddy impression and delivered his clubs to him on the edge of the green!
  • Options
    Anyone else manage to burn themselves?

I told work I was off on Friday with a hospital appointment and job interview.......didn't look good when I arrived this morning looking like Lobster Boy and telling my mate about my phenomenal golfing exploits!!

Never mind - they've already made me redundant so what are they gonna do about it!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]Anyone else manage to burn themselves?

Me and AFKA were glowing in the pub Friday night!
  • Options
    TCE marching up our fair way when going down the 18th and REd Army hacking out of a bunker looked like they were playing the game to suit me. Sorry didnt see you in the bar Red Army had something to eat and a pint but most were driving so shot off.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: CAFCBourne[/cite]TCE marching up our fair way when going down the 18th and REd Army hacking out of a bunker looked like they were playing the game to suit me. Sorry didnt see you in the bar Red Army had something to eat and a pint but most were driving so shot off.

I was laying up and using the course to my advantage!! Then I managed to duff it from there :( I blame the audience I had ;) I had a great day, some good laughs on the way round. Shame that rest of you didnt adhere to my strict dress code, still some of you just couldn't carry it off ;)
    Highlight for my was Mcs enjoying his day despite his scoring and "Happy Gilmore" nearly taking Luva Luva's head off depite him hiding in the bushes, next time "Happy" next time. Glad you all enjoyed the day, I'm playing again thursday at Sittingbourne and I have a tasteful pair of Bright Orange strides for the occassion!! Well done Swisdom for winning.
  • Options
    I have just recieved an email from Birchwood GC begging us to return again this year. As hard as it is to believe they want us back?
    I have asked them for some dates which obviously be on a friday within the next 3 months and also a price, based on 18 holes with good old "HEC" afterwoods.
    While I'm only the messenger boy if someone wants run with this then feel free, if not and Afka has no problem with this I'll see if I can sort out a day out.
  • Options
    Great idea, playing Birchwood next sat then in the 19th for the last game of season jeff stelling n chums!!

Sort it out ray
  • Options
    I would be up for that just gone round Toot hill in under 100 for the first time

getting to really love this game and cant wait to get better and better at it

playing Enfield Golf Club 2moz so will be tryin to better my 96
  • Options
    definately interested if the date suits T.C.E, still have my Charlton Life polo shirt you sorted...
  • Options
    Who played well under their handicap last year?!?!...somebody must have.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]Who played well under their handicap last year?!?!...somebody must have.

..................Swisdom with 38 points playing off 28 which has now been cut to 24 :)
    second............................Ron (Guest) 37pts.....................19................................17 (Won on a countback)
    3rd................................Paul (guest) 37.........................18................................17
    ....................................T.C.E........34.........................16...................................
    ................................LES Berrys Tash.33.........................14...................................
    .....................................Mike(guest) 32.........................28...............................
    ...................................Afka Bartram 31........................22................................
    .....................................Palcafc.......30.........................28...............................
    ......................................1905........23..........................28...............................
    ...............................Happy Gilmore....23.........................28...............................
    ....................................Luva Luva....23..........................25..............................
    ........................................Mcs........4...........................28...............................
  • Options
    Ray you are a glutton for punishment !!!
  • Options
    Tce, I'll whisper you tomorrow mate, I've got another possible option
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Luva Luva[/cite]Ray you are a glutton for punishment !!!

If I'm doing it, are you are up for the cards? ; )
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I did Gary, but I am a wonderful golfer every lifer who has played with me will vouch, have walked away with prizes both times a played.

Thought hilllsy did a good job organising the last one and he got Mr keith of peacock to play too which was a bonus he is a legend.
  • Options
    4 points...lol
  • Options
    Only if peoples know how to fill em in correctly !! Unlike our mob
  • Options
    Except for Ollie as he has to focus on other entertainment
  • Options
    I'm in
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]4 points...lol

Leave it Gary, i had an off day!! lol
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]I would be up for that just gone round Toot hill in under 100 for the first time

that's a nice course with one of the par 3's surrounded by water isn't it?

i'll play wherever
  • Options
    that par 3 scared the shite out of me yet i was the only one not to go in the water with my t shot;-)

i sliced it and it went on the fairway of the hole next to it i ended up just as far away as when i started then i put it in the water

Toot hill is a fantastic course with no one running up behind you rushing along asking to play through

well worth a look they had winter fees on 20 quid a round
  • Options
    Did I not rank then T.C.E.? I definitely played! Can't remember what I scored for the life of me.
  • Options
    Played Toot Hill on Friday for my works Golf Day....And I won it! :)