Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Holland Wants In

124»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: thewolfboy[/cite]If he stays we might have to drop a younger player such as Harry Arter. It's more of an ability thing than age.

Then we can all criticize the board and manager (especially if it's still Parkinson) when Arter or whoever it is goes on to do well for another club, while Holland slowly plays less and less as he gets older, and we end up not playing him anyway.
  • Options
    If he stays this should be the final season with us, But in my opinion one last season will do us no harm, He is the model pro and i'll leave my argument at that
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    [cite]Posted By: SE7[/cite]The Thomas, Holland , Reid , Sam midfield combination was the reason we did so well at the begining of last season.
    rewriting history? Holland was injured so it was Semedo playing, and doing well.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: SE7[/cite]It makes me laugh how people think he won't be good enough

He isn't good enough to be a regular though if we want promotion.
    [cite]Posted By: SE7[/cite]The Thomas, Holland , Reid , Sam midfield combination was the reason we did so well at the begining of last season.

Going back over those matches, most of our wins at the start of last season came without Holland.

See here.In fact from a quick count, we only won 9 games with him in the team out of 34 matches, just 3 of them before Christmas.

Compare that to the games Semedo played in, we won 15 times out of 39 games.

When discussing St Matt, can you PLEASE not deal with the facts, you're ruining some good rose tinted spectacles.
  • Options
    Ok shall we just say - Matt has a better attitiude than most and also has a lot less pace but distributes the ball well BUT Semedo may have more of a future here good pace and distribution... on t'other hand semedo i reckon will leave in summer
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]Ok shall we just say - Matt has a better attitiude than most and also has a lot less pace but distributes the ball wellBUTSemedo may have more of a future here good pace and distribution... on t'other hand semedo i reckon will leave in summer

Players like Semedo don't exactly have bad attitudes though. Holland's passing is accurate, but then nearly all his passes are as simple as possible. No better a passer than Wright or Spring, nevermind the first choice midfielders.
  • Options
    Better than Spring easily - even if spring did stop palace reaching the play offs
  • Options
    Yeah I don't rate Spring at all. Nothing he can do that other midfielders can't do as well if not better.
  • Options
    Not for me been great slowly gone down hill. His application is 2nd to none and you cant be moan his effort. But once the ball is pushed past him there is no recovery to his game.

Jonjo/Bailey if we can keep back in the middle for me think at least 1 will go
    Spring
    Samedo
    Wright

They are the 4 fighting for places in the centre of the park
  • Options
    And where will our best central mid fielder by far, Racon, play?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    in the championship. jury still out hit and miss
  • Options
    If Racon is 'hit and miss' I'd say that also applies to Bailey, Semedo and Wright. Spring is just miss.