Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lloyd Sam to Newcastle

Comments

• Options
    Lloyd Sam moving would be sorely missed here, if the club do as you suggest and bite the hands off of any club that offers £750k.

Firstly, he's old Charlton youth that can identify with this club.
    Second - he has the right attitude, works hard and great team ethic.
    Third, he's got pace to burn and ability by the bucketful - and far more goal scoring assists than any other player.

The only thing he really needs to improve upon is his decision making, and that became noticeably better as the season drew to a close.

He's also a really nice bloke and good fun in the dressing room.
    Don't underestimate that either.
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Can't agree with that, Campbell-Ryce is over a year older than Sam. In a way, Sam is 'lucky' enough for us to be relegated so he got his chance. Campbell-Ryce left when were safe and established in the Prem, he had little chance of breaking through. I really don't believe there is that much between them, at times if Sam had a bit more confidence he'd have better games, and Parkinson has started to get it out of him.

Look at the stats, if anything Sam has produced more-

Sam 0 goals 9 assists in 28 starts, 10 sub apps
    Campbell-Ryce 9 goals, 3 assists, 39 starts, 1 sub app

fair enough mate, just he is one of a number of players that i thought playing in the championship would make them better and stronger players, mainly Lloyd and Jon F just hasnt been the case, lloyd has all the potential but needs to focus maybe a spell in div 3 will do this, who knows what players are retained and not sold need to step up like never before another season of fannying around trying to look the part without actual doing the biz we could be bang in trouble..

i have personal issues with Lloyd after he cut me up in his top of the range land rover windows down music blasting by reifield road.. i was driving a bus with special needs kids at the time and he showed no remorse or thought at the reckless way he drove nearly causing us to mount the pavement... Charlton life is not the place for personal vendettas i know so im prepared to let this one go as i belive in Karma.. Peace and Love to all. ;-) Llloyd sam for england...

Lloyd_Sam_Charlton_Bristol_City.jpg
  • Options
    Don't get me wrong - I'd love him to stay but in the current climate we'd probably need to take the money is a £750k bid came in.

However if a takeover goes through and we are not as strapped for cash then this is all null and void because he will definitely be worth keeping
  • Options
    He's trying to get himslef a move to Leeds apparently, his agent was quite confident he could sort the move out.
  • Options
    Karama and Specail needs? You stick to pictures Adaem ;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]Karama and Specail needs? You stick to pictures Adaem ;o)

sorry i was on the sauce last night...

crazy-drunk-man.jpg
  • Options
    He's a nice bloke, give him a 4 year contract extension.
  • Options
    Nice pants, Adam.

The girlies on here will be having you for their own 'Would Ya?'
    Ain't that right, girls ..... ?

;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Nice pants, Adam.

The girlies on here will be having you for their own 'Would Ya?'
    Ain't that right, girls ..... ?

;o)

dont know about that mate you were pretty hammerd too ;-)

hilarious-drunk-man.jpg
  • Options
    If they offer 3milliom for him bite their hands off, and for Newcastle that is low cost player.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What for Adam Hammered?

Fair exchange, I suppose .....

;o)
  • Options
    PS: Thanks for the pic, Adam.

I've been rumbled, obviously ha ha
  • Options
    Two Leicester fans i met would totally disagree that more football is played in League One and told me that if we have players who have a bit of skill and who can handle a kick (and give one if needs must), we'll be alright. Sam i think probably falls into that category as he is pacy, can occasionally cross and doesn't strop anywhere near as much as JT, Romm or Bouazza.

Fair enough but yeah I agree he'll take it better than any of those 3 or Ambrose. He puts in the odd challenge himself that none of those lot would even think of going for.
  • Options
    Would be a mistake to sell Sam imo. Signs are he's starting to deliver on his potential. There's still much room for improvement, but his work rate is good which compensates for the slight inconsistancy and there is zero chance we'll be able to sign better this summer.

Obviously there will be departures because books must be balanced, but we should try hard to keep the squad disruption to an absolute minimum and we have other sellable assests who will be easier to replace or that we already have good cover for, particularly in centre midfield as wells as Hudson and Gray.

Anyone who was at Anfield on the last day of the Premiership relegation season will know what a good player he can be, and Premiership football is not beyond his abilities if he continues to work hard at his game.
  • Options
    THIS MUST BE FOR WHEN THEY ARE RELEGATED

(caps intended)
  • Options
    Lloyd Sam like any player has his price any offer in advance of £500,000 is a very reasonable offer & baring in mind the current financial situation the club are in must be considered.

Hugely frustrating player & if we get offered enough I would sell.
  • Options
    I don't think many people would be happy if we only got £500k for him. Frustrating yes but I feel there's enough there for him to continue to develop. Compare to Thomas who clearly isn't bothered about being anything more than a decent Championship to lower Prem winger, or Ambrose who is just never going to get hold of a game or have enough confidence.
  • Options
    On his day he is a potential match winner, but they seem to be few and far between, so for the right money then we should surely have to sell.

Perhaps it would be appropriate that any 'chase' to sign him should involve a few twists and turns, doubling back on the offer and it ultimately not coming to anything when in a good position to seal the deal...
  • Options
    If it means we can keep Bailey then fine but still a pity imho.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AllLeftFoot[/cite]On his day he is a potential match winner, but they seem to be few and far between, so for the right money then we should surely have to sell.

Perhaps it would be appropriate that any 'chase' to sign him should involve a few twists and turns, doubling back on the offer and it ultimately not coming to anything when in a good position to seal the deal...

I love the analogy - but you need to include a Lloyd Sam Footballing Moccasins indication whereby the deal falls over for no apparent reason
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Lloyd Sam like any player has his price any offer in advance of £500,000 is a very reasonable offer & baring in mind the current financial situation the club are in must be considered.

Hugely frustrating player & if we get offered enough I would sell.

I hate to agree with Ketman but I do

[cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]If it means we can keep Bailey then fine but still a pity imho.

Ditto. And Shelvey.

Like Sam but money is money.

Most likely just paper talk anyway
  • Options
    CAFCBourne:

He was involved with some designer (a mate I think) who's gear has a design of a DJ on. Not sure if he owns a stake in it or not. I kept on noticed a few staff and players in them so asked why everyone was in the same gear. Now and I've just started to notice them on TV. Look pretty cool actually. He's a man of many talents.
  • Options
    We seem far to easily persuaded that if the moneys right we should let go of players. When it comes down to it, we need a winning team and that will need to include players that other clubs would like to see playing for them. We need to keep hold of any players who are showing potential and show loyalty to Charlton. I think we should do our best to keep Sam. Im sure he would be in most Charlton Lifers list of players that might do well for us in League 1 .
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Shrew[/cite]We seem far to easily persuaded that if the moneys right we should let go of players. When it comes down to it, we need a winning team and that will need to include players that other clubs would like to see playing for them. We need to keep hold of any players who are showing potential and show loyalty to Charlton. I think we should do our best to keep Sam. Im sure he would be in most Charlton Lifers list of players that might do well for us in League 1 .

I can see what I you mean but we can't keep every player. At some point we have to weigh the cost of keeping player X against losing player Y.

If selling Sam means keeping Bailey (similar age and better player) and/or Shelvey (younger and better) then that is a good deal.
  • Options
    Agree with Henners!
  • Options
    Disagree there Henry. If we sell Sam, we have no cover already in the squad and won't be able to sign a better or even equal replacement, imo. Sell Bailey, and even Shelvey, and we still have Racon, Semedo, Wright and Spring, all of whom will be decent if not well above average in League 1. Sell Gray and the same can be said for the likes of Burton and Dickson. Admittedly Hudson is our only senior, in contract, centre back but I'd sell him in preference to Sam too on the basis his wages are very high and he's not a particularly great player who it should be possible to replace.

We obviously must sell, but we should look to sell the right players first, i.e. the ones who will be missed the least, for whatever reason that may be.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]Disagree there Henry. If we sell Sam, we have no cover already in the squad and won't be able to sign a better or even equal replacement, imo. Sell Bailey, and even Shelvey, and we still have Racon, Semedo, Wright and Spring, all of whom will be decent if not well above average in League 1. Sell Gray and the same can be said for the likes of Burton and Dickson. Admittedly Hudson is our only senior, in contract, centre back but I'd sell him in preference to Sam too on the basis his wages are very high and he's not a particularly great player who it should be possible to replace.

We obviously must sell, but we should look to sell the right players first, i.e. the ones who will be missed the least, for whatever reason that may be.

Well if Parky stays I imagine he's planning to put central midfielders in every position anyway.

To be honest of the starters from the last 3-4 games, I reckon we'll keep less than half so we are going to be beg/borrow/stealing in a number of positions. Keepers for example: 2 are bound to leave...
  • Options
    NNnnnnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo I'm far too upset to comment any further - sorry
  • Options
    Don't go Skid.... I mean Sam! Don't care what any of you say. He should stay. I want to see you score in a Charlton shirt. Oh sh*t poxy relegation sucks! :-(
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Second - he has the right attitude, works hard and great team ethic.

Oggy the comments from management seem to be that he would be a better player if he worked harder, conserntrated more and stayed alert for 90 minutes so Ihave to disagree with this point.

However, totally agree he would be a massive loss.

He was involved with some designer (a mate I think) who's gear has a design of a DJ on. Not sure if he owns a stake in it or not. I kept on noticed a few staff and players in them so asked why everyone was in the same gear. Now and I've just started to notice them on TV. Look pretty cool actually. He's a man of many talents.

I've got one! I'm so cool!