Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lloyd Sam to Newcastle

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]Why did we need the money from Diawara though Scho? Partly because we'd spunked most of the parachute money on over priced and over paid, soon-to-be-failures, like Varney, Mcleod etc. A more trgetted and structured approach to transfers both in and out might have meant we could have afforded to keep a few more of the old squad together.

I wonder just how much Pardew and his scouts watched players like McLeod.

I felt when I saw him play a couple of times I could see there wasn't a player with much of a football brain, didn't have a great touch or a great work rate (which at least Varney had). Something about him just didn't look anything more than League One quality, really hard to believe we thought he was worth over £1m. He's barely worth half that now.
  • Options
    Today is the day that the out of contract players will be offered a deal if we want to keep them of course....

Ambrose
    Todarov
    Holland
    Fortune
    ZZ
    Weaver

and under 24's

Youseff
    Wright
    Randolph
    Arter
    and one other.....sorry cant remember!!

Sam however is one player who could command a reasonable fee and is quite highly coveted within football.....

It appears that both Andy Gray and ZZ have both said they really love the club...the club are trying really hard to find some sponsorship which could keep ZZ at the Valley, but dont hold your breath just yet. Gray is of course under contract, but is one of the few players left, who is on a high-ish salary.

Out of contract players that Id like to keep are of course ZZ and Fortune, but if you look at JF's age, he might just go for a final pay day. Pure speculation of course, but thats my view.
  • Options
    Zheng zhi under a sponsorship - I hope so but doubt it too.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: TelinOz[/cite]Today is the day that the out of contract players will be offered a deal if we want to keep them of course....

Why today?

Aswad Thomas is the other player. Along with Weaver, Todorov and probably Ambrose he's one who will almost certainly leave.
    [cite]Posted By: TelinOz[/cite]Out of contract players that Id like to keep are of course ZZ and Fortune, but if you look at JF's age, he might just go for a final pay day. Pure speculation of course, but thats my view.

Never even noticed before that Zheng and Fortune were born within 3 days of each other. At 29 Zheng should be at his peak, Fortune maybe a year or two away.

If either of them stay I'd hope we see some very good consistent performances from them in League One.

Fortune especially seems happy here, but he might get a few decent offers from Championship sides. Would he want to move away from the area? Who would that leave him with? Watford, QPR? Can't imagine him playing for Palace or Millwall if they come up. Ipswich?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    I wonder just how much Pardew and his scouts watched players like McLeod?

Several times on You Tube, before he went to their manager and asked, "how much do you want?"

The Franchise FC manager thought for a moment.
    "£750k"

"Is that all .... ?", said Pards, "that doesn't sound much, we'll double it"

And so the deal was done, and Dizzy McLeod became a star striker at Charlton.

Who needs agents?
  • Options
    we ahve 2 get money from somewhere. So at least one of these has to be sold:

Jon Jo
    Bailey
    Weaver
    Hudson
    Sam
    Dickenson

no one else is worth anything.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]we ahve 2 get money from somewhere. So at least one of these has to be sold:

Jon Jo
    Bailey
    Weaver
    Hudson
    Sam
    Dickenson

no one else is worth anything.

Weaver's out of contract...
    And think we'll need to sell more than one, unless the one is Jonjo for very big bucks.
    Who on earth is Dickenson?? ;-)
  • Options
    Dickson worth anything? We didn't get offers apart from loans in January, no one would offer anything more than £300-£400k at the most until he proves something. Players like Racon and Gray would get bigger offers than Dickson.
  • Options
    Hudson
    Gray
    and Weaver to Keep Jonjo, Bailey and Racon -i'd be happy
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]Hudson
    Gray
    and Weaver to Keep Jonjo, Bailey and Racon -i'd be happy
    Happy, I'd be go daft. I'd say if we keep Racon it's going to be a hell of a thing. Can we do a Rufus style sweep of the squad and who we think is staying/going, to get all the speculation in one place?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    300 K is big money to us these days

Weaver Hudson and Dicko £1mil and id take it.Although i think unless we get near £2Mill no one will be coming in
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Although i think unless we get near £2Mill no one will be coming in

I assume you mean for a fee, because there's no doubt we'll sign at least two or three players on free transfers.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]Hudson
    Gray
    and Weaver to Keep Jonjo, Bailey and Racon -i'd be happy[/quote]

more than happy, get a few quid and some big wages off the bill.
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Weaver will go for nowt, as he is out of contract, as will Ambrose and Toddy.

We'll try and keep Fortune & ditto ZZ if we can get sponsorship.

Gray I think is likely to go and I reckon to raise money Jon-Jo and Hudson will go.

I reckon Randolph and Arter will be offered new contracts.

I reckon Wright will go as we couldn't give him away to Barnet.

Hopefully ,Bailey and Racon will stay (but Bailey's agent seems keen to move him on.)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]I reckon Wright will go as we couldn't give him away to Barnet.

We couldn't give him away? Did we ever try to sell him?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]I reckon Wright will go as we couldn't give him away to Barnet.

We couldn't give him away? Did we ever try to sell him?

I believe Barnet were offered him on a free and they declined.
  • Options
    Strange. He was young player of the year at Barnet last year.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Strange. He was young player of the year at Barnet last year.

Perhaps he wanted more money than they could pay. I don't know. Maybe it was his attitude. Just because the fans voted for him ,it doesn't mean the club wanted or could afford him :-)
  • Options
    There's loads of reasons why they might have turned him down.

Unlike us when Pardew was here, other clubs can't afford and won't have 10 central midfielders in their senior squad.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Strange. He was young player of the year at Barnet last year.

Perhaps he wanted more money than they could pay. I don't know. Maybe it was his attitude. Just because the fans voted for him ,it doesn't mean the club wanted or could afford him :-)

Their manager said early this season, that Wright was destined for the top and could play in the Prem, wished he could sign him permanently and was sad to lose him

So still strange.

Unless Charlton wanted a fee for him, that Barnet couldn't afford.
    But more likely the lad thought he could establish himself at the time in Pardew's 1st team.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The story was probably started by Lloyd's agent or an agent acting on behalf of the club,testing the waters to see what reaction it brings.There will be any number of these stories over the summer.

Money is the critical thing but with Ambrose going and possibly Wagstaff as well we would be left without any wide players should Lloyd go to pastures new.

Heard any rumours of who's coming in?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Centenary Shirt[/cite]
    I've got one. I'm so cool
    Is said fashion essential available for sale anyplace or are they only for the in-crowd?

Are you his agent?

I wish - especially if he's going to Newcastle!

He's trying to establish the brand at the moment so they're just being sold to friend then footballers and the like. But I'm sure once the brand is recognisable enough they be launched more widely.
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    What's this?
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Red God[/cite]Money is the critical thing but with Ambrose going and possibly Wagstaff as well we would be left without any wide players should Lloyd go to pastures new.

Wagstaff's got another year on his contract I'd expect him to stay, not that I think he's good enough to play regularly for us, even in League One. If we sign a few wide players he'll surely go out on loan.
  • Options

At Linxs Dzine our motto is, “God gave Me Style.” The Linxsman logo represents the young, fly, and sexy. Testimony to our motto, Linxs Dzine is at the forefront of cutting edge design. Each garment has been carefully constructed and designed to meet the needs of the young, fly, and sexy individual. We appreciate that everyone is unique, all we ask is that you wear Linxs Dzine in a manner that elevates your already existing style. If you’re a Linxsman...God gave you style!

from his labels website

I take it back sell him sell him now
  • Options
    Rumour on the Palace site, is that we are after possibly 2 Charlton players.

Obvviously, the names that everyone is throwing in are Shelvey and Bailey.

But the realistic ones are suggesting McLeod, is he still with you?

Sam might be a Palace target, as Warnock has publicly said he is after a Striker and wide players.
  • Options
    McLeod is, although he's been on loan at Millwall. After he was unhappy at only being on the bench, they tried to send him back. Because it was a half season loan they couldn't, he wouldn't have even been allowed to play for our reserves. So he's barely played for them. I'd be surprised to see him playing in the Championship next season, although he's never had a long run in the side, he's not shown he's good enough either as a goalscorer or as an all round player.

Shelvey will more realistically go to a Prem side eventually. There's no doubt Championship sides will be considering the likes of Bailey, Sam and Racon.

Some clubs might look at players like Gray, Semedo, Moutaouakil, Hudson and the out of contract players, Ambrose, Fortune, Zheng and Weaver.

So basically if that's true there's plenty of players that are or might be available, and you won't be the only ones considering them.
  • Options
    A player I wouldn't mind, although he hasn't done well with you, is Andy Gray, obviously we'd love Bailey, but doubt we could afford him.

I don't think Hudson or Fortune would be too popular though. ;-)
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Weaver maybe 150,00
    Gray for 400/500K

Ambrose on a free (hopefully)

Moto (shame) but small fee

Zheng for free but big wages

Bailey --mum and dad live in Sydenham but 750K

Sam 300K

Jon Jo --- 2--5 Mill so no chance

Dickson ---250/400K