Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jorge Costa

Comments

• Options
    Scott Minto....get the zoom chat with Costa

• Options
    I thought when I saw this bumped that he had put himself in the frame to be our next manager.
  • Options
    What a player, Midweek away game wasn’t it? I can’t find the team list but seem to recall he partnered Jon Fortune at the back.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    The Portugal Guys who were in talks at the same time as Thomas represent him. If they had managed to get their deal over the line he was probably going to be head coach.
  • Options
    He comes from Portugal, he rather hates Millwall....
  • Options
    The Tank
  • Options
    What a player, Midweek away game wasn’t it? I can’t find the team list but seem to recall he partnered Jon Fortune at the back.
    Came on for Mark Fish, to partner Fortune with about 10 mins to go. 

Kevin Lisbie headed the winner right at the end. 
  • Options
    That's it. For some reason i remember my seat was on the same side as the dugouts, amongst other Charlton fans?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Inniss is totally a cult hero candidate. You're all meanies
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    That's it. For some reason i remember my seat was on the same side as the dugouts, amongst other Charlton fans?
    Yep....we were fairly level with Lisbie when he scored. I think I remember Costa having a translator on the bench with him, so he could understand the instructions before he went on. He just stuck tight to Hasselbaink and didn't let him turn. 

Chelsea; Cudicini, Melchiot, Gallas, Terry, Babayaro; Lampard (he definitely played RM) Jokanovic, Dalla Bona, Zenden (Zola 46 mins) Hasselbaink, Gudjohnsen (Forsell)

Charlton; Kiely, Young, Fish (Costa), Fortune, Powell; Stuart, Parker, Jensen, Robinson (Konchesky 3 mins); Euell, Johansson (Lisbie)

Att; 33,504
  • Options
    I remember I was in Amsterdam that night , late decision , mate could update his green card or whatever it was to work in New York in one day in Amsterdam or a week plus in UK … so 3 days in Amsterdam it was … 
    Good times 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Inniss is totally a cult hero candidate. You're all meanies
    But not quite in BeckenSarr's class ... 
  • Options
    On the one hand it's lovely seeing things like this to remind you of the good times ...

... but it also serves as a reminder of how appalling everything is at our club now :(

• Options
    Valley11 said:
    Lightening the mood slightly, did anyone see this yesterday( apols if already posted): 

top bloke
  • Options
    In terms of prestige as a player in the modern era only Alan Simonsen and John Barnes would be able to touch Jorge Costa. Not many clubs of our stature have had a Champions League winning captain play for them.
    And Paolo Di Canio
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JC was fantastic for Charlton. 
    London teams in the Prem couldn’t beat us with him in our side. 
    Just think about that for a second. 
  • Options
    Along with Peter Shirtliff, the best defender I have ever seen in a Charlton shirt.
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    Came on for Mark Fish, to partner Fortune with about 10 mins to go. 

Kevin Lisbie headed the winner right at the end. 
    Remember Fish taking an incredibly long time limping off the pitch and the locals getting restless. Shithousery (as the kids say nowadays) at its finest.  I guess we were happy with a point at that stage but then young Kevin stepped up! Happy days indeed. 
  • Options
  • Options
    edited April 2023
  • Options
    Billy_Mix said:
    Valley11 said:
    Lightening the mood slightly, did anyone see this yesterday( apols if already posted): 

top bloke
    If only we had players with that much commitment, today and if only we could have that class of player recruited next season.
  • Options
    He was a beast. Not the fastest, but he didn't need to be, his positional sense was that good 
    A bit like our own Stevie Brown, who never let us down!