Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Darren Ambrose signs for Palace

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]

This isn't any different than any other season. If you looked over our news from each summer, we've never put up a 'retained and released list'. Other clubs do, but we've never done it in one go like that.
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]how can he sign for Palarse, we havn't even released him yet, have we ? Or perhaps the powers than be can't be arsed to issue the retained/release list. What a joke we are becoming.

So we've done it this way for ages but it makes us a joke?
  • Options
    We have signed so much dross from Palace it is about time they took some of ours.

Bye Bye Darren you useless lump.

No pace, no skill, no heart, no passion, no good at set pieces, apart from that you will be sorely missed.
  • Options
    This thread has had me in fits with some of the comments.

Ambrose did manage to give me the biggest laugh whilst at the Valley during the season but not for his footballing ability. Drunken cackling whilst everyone around me were thoroughly depressed. I'll not go into details but still makes me chuckle.

I wish him well if its true about taking a pay cut and waiving his appearance fee. I'm not sure if its because I still remember that he was one of the first to come out and say he wanted to stay and help us get promoted after relegation.

Just as shame he was so frustrating and never managed to consistently play well for longer than 15 minutes. If he does go to Palarse and turns it on I'll obviously naturally hate him.
  • Options
    So Farewell then Dazza...

Always seemed to have something, but just couldn't force his way into games IMO. This time last year the word was he was having an op and would be properly fit for the first time since he came here. Don't know what they did to him, but he seemed to get worse as the season went on.

Doesn't immediately strike me as Warnock's sort of player, but it's probably an ideal move for Ambrose as he lives in Orpington I think.
  • Options
    couldnt give 2 shits about darren ambrose total let down of a player from start and he wears eye make up fact
  • Options
    If he does sign for Palace, it'll be interesting how he performs.

Many people think Warnock is a magician, and can turn a poor player into a good one, and he has done this. But unfortunately for every success, theres probably two failures. From the comments on here, he sounds like Paul Ifill, a player who on his day will win a match, but unfortunately doesn't have his day often enough.

Personally I will be pleased if he signs, if its true about the comments about his wages, it would appear playing football is still high on his priorities, and so he wouldn't be a player looking to his next pay day.
  • Options
    ambrose is not a poor player he is a mercenry style player he wont turn up for half of your games and put anything worthwhile into it, he is a prima dona ponce who wears make up
  • Options
    guy-liner NLA ?
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    He's signed : Warnock "pleased to have him".
  • Options
    tbf I would imagine Ronaldo is the sort of character that would wear mascara, and I'd certainly welcome him playing for my team.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good I can't stand him!

Palace is the club for him full of tossers he'll fit in well.
  • Options
    "2 year deal", warnock "been after him for a couple of years".......
  • Options
    "warnock--i have been after him for years" must be the eye liner.
  • Options
    A nightmare with a happy ending. Three relegations for dazzling Darren in four years? The new Neil Redfearn.
  • Options
    On yer bike Shazza.

Thank you for putting yourself out of our misery.
  • Options
    His dodgy hamstrings etc will probably turn out to be a thing of the past now - I fear that he could be a half-decent signing for them, especially on a free.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AllLeftFoot[/cite]His dodgy hamstrings etc will probably turn out to be a thing of the past now - I fear that he could be a half-decent signing for them, especially on a free.

We've seen it before haven't we.
  • Options
    Well one thing is for sure, we will now find out if he has been poorly managed and suffered in Charlton's downward spiral.......or if infact he is indeed a bit of a pussy!

Welcome to South Londons leading football team Darren ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: son of selhurst[/cite]Well one thing is for sure, we will now find out if he has been poorly managed and suffered in Charlton's downward spiral.......or if infact he is indeed a bit of a pussy!

Make the most of it..... cos normal service will soon be restored!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: son of selhurst[/cite]Well one thing is for sure, we will now find out if he has been poorly managed and suffered in Charlton's downward spiral.......or if infact he is indeed a bit of a pussy!

He could be a very usefull player, but for far far too long he has let us down.
    He was probably a player that from a young age (when he went to Newcastle) to much was expected of and he lost his way.
    He does not know his best position, has very little pace to go beyond the man, but does pop up with goals.
    I won't miss him i've had enough but i would wish him all the best.......... until he went to you, now he can go .... himself ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It sums up Ambrose that his hometown club hoofed him back.

Palarse and him are a perfect match.
  • Options

isnt it funny, they have to celebrate our fall from grace to become the "leading football team in south london" great accomplishment 15th in CC .... enjoy!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]If that were in response to me then I know all that Oggy. All I was trying to say was it would be nice to hear first from our end that he had actually been released instead of reading elsewhere that he had signed for an other. Also, not all of our fans are slaves to the internet and not as up to date as us as to who is actually out of contract/released etc.

I don't see anywhere saying he has been released, maybe the club don't want him to go to anywhere at all but Darren has decided he's off and looking for a deal anyway.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU16[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]If that were in response to me then I know all that Oggy. All I was trying to say was it would be nice to hear first from our end that he had actually been released instead of reading elsewhere that he had signed for an other. Also, not all of our fans are slaves to the internet and not as up to date as us as to who is actually out of contract/released etc.

I don't see anywhere saying he has been released, maybe the club don't want him to go to anywhere at all but Darren has decided he's off and looking for a deal anyway.

Dont matter the boards fault they should let us know bla bla bla
  • Options
    Not sure how reliable this is

Apologies is this has already been posted
  • Options
    Ironic really, given the flak he has taken for his supposed inability to handle "flair" players, that Curbs probably got more consistency out of both Ambrose and Rommedahl than any of his successors.

Ajax made Rommerdahl one of their best players, proving he had the talent if played properly. Who's to say the same wont happen with Ambrose.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Centenary_Shirt[/cite]
    Ironic really, given the flak he has taken for his supposed inability to handle "flair" players, that Curbs probably got more consistency out of both Ambrose and Rommedahl than any of his successors.

Ajax made Rommerdahl one of their best players, proving he had the talent if played properly. Who's to say the same wont happen with Ambrose.

And that is a very good point.

You have to use a player to play to his strengths.
    Presumably that's why he was signed in the first place.

Some managers are very good at that.
    And some try to change a player into something else for the good of the team.

Some players adapt, some don't.
    But often the ones that don't are moved on - and become the star of someone else's team.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU16[/cite]I don't see anywhere saying he has been released, maybe the club don't want him to go to anywhere at all but Darren has decided he's off and looking for a deal anyway.

I think he knew he had to go, we can't afford him any more and it's not like he was a regular all season. Was always very unlikely he would stay.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU16[/cite]

His contract is up and it's been quite clear for most of the season (when available) that he didn't fit into Charlton's plans and presumably that is enough of a hint.

He has the talent but that he couldn't get either a regular starting spot in a team heading for relegation or a place on the bench shows how far he's fallen in the last few seasons. You can't blame Charlton - his loan spell at Ipswich ended with him being sent back and Warnock is getting a bargain presumably because he's accepted much lower wages and there is no transfer fee involved. From here on it's down to Ambrose to prove he can still cut it as a pro.
  • Options
    Taxi for one......bye bye Dazza.