Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Darren Ambrose signs for Palace

12346»

Comments

• Options
    http://www.slbenfica.pt/Informacao/Futebol/Noticias/CompraRedPass.asp?Adepto=Jonjo%20Shelvey

=O
  • Options
    http://www.slbenfica.pt/Informacao/Futebol/Noticias/CompraRedPass.asp?Adepto=YouSaySaintsAreASmallClubAndNoOneWouldGoToUsButWeCouldBuyYourWholeTeam

all in jest =]
  • Options
    bump for views on Darren at the time he left.
  • Options
    If Ambrose stayed he wouldn't have scored anywhere near as many goals as he has doen for Palace.

He needed to move from us and we didn't really need him, best for both parties.

Just a shame it's Palace he's scoring for.
  • Options
    Colin wan*er does it again.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]If Ambrose stayed he wouldn't have scored anywhere near as many goals as he has doen for Palace.

He needed to move from us and we didn't really need him, best for both parties.

Just a shame it's Palace he's scoring for.

spot on, he'd still be just as shite for us as he always was
  • Options
    We played him behind a big striker (Iwelumo) v Ipswich and he was brilliant. Curiously we didn't persist with that idea (perhaps once or twice more but not often) and saw him more as a wide midfielder. Palace play him either behind a striker or as part of a front three with a free role. Both systems suit him and they have decided to tailor their game plan around him (which is why Warnock signed him) whereas we didn't. Not saying we were wrong but we were never going to see the best of him in a 4-4-2.
  • Options
    I always wanted him to play behind the striker and thought he was unfairly criticised but when he was released and we were actually playing that formation which would have suited him, we had Shelvey coming through so we had to let him go really (Not that he would have stayed anyway).
  • Options
    Always thought Ambrose was pony and was one of his biggest critics on here. I guess at the moment he is proving me wrong so good luck to him (even if it is Palace).

I havn't seen him at all this season but TBH the only position he was ever going to be able to play IMO was the hole behind the striker...too slow for a winger and not tough enough for a central midfielder - why our managers could not see this always baffled me (much like Mo2 being a better winger than RB).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That free kick yesterday was a peach. I can't remember him taking many set pieces for us, other than the odd corner (which were usually horrible, not like that goal-on-a-plate that he served up for their first). It's baffling how a player can get into such a mess (as he did with us and in his loan spell in Ipswich), but then turn it round. I guess Allardyce made a career in bringing the likes of Okocha, Djorkaeff, Campo and Davies (sp.) back from the dead.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]It's baffling how a player can get into such a mess (as he did with us and in his loan spell in Ipswich), but then turn it round

Clueless idiots (parky/pards etc) -v- Good manager (Warnock)
  • Options
    his corner taking has got better too, methinks his wages meant we had to get rid just as he was coming back good after that long term injury problem to his little fingernail..
  • Options
    hear hear stu