Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

THE 'OTHER' TAKEOVER THREAD (FOR PROPER CHARLTON)

Comments

• Options
    damn you Pouso
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]How comes this one says qoutes 3001 to 3032 yet Weegies post is only 2994 confused does this mean the take over has happened is it a clue

Because Mr NLA, it means you have exchange 38 whispers on this thread.

Naughty boy. If you've got something to say, then say it to the whole class :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]How comes this one says qoutes 3001 to 3032 yet Weegies post is only 2994 confused does this mean the take over has happened is it a clue

Because Mr NLA, it means you have exchange 38 whispers on this thread.

Naughty boy. If you've got something to say, then say it to the whole class :-)

Cant they have asked for confidentiality clause i will keep quiet now
  • Options
    Anyway whats your source saying now nla? is it still rubbish?

lol... i will stop persecuting you now that you have seen the error of your ways... well until we lose again.
  • Options
    I havent asked since you started cyber bullying me
  • Options
    Dont like it up yer?

And i really cant believe you didnt go last week when it was your pal's 40th birthday also. shame on you - i say Shame on You!
  • Options
    I agree that is out of order but i couldnt go are you starting again i thought we had made up ;-)
  • Options
    4,000 here we come ;-)
  • Options
    I feel my work is done so i shall leave you alone.

Ship up.

mind you im not going to barnet, southend or peterborough. shit fan too.

anyway back to the takeover? what takeover?
  • Options
    You did good girl you did good at points i wanted to bite but i kept my tongue out of respecting my elders ;0P
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ouch!
  • Options
    touchee
  • Options
    Just seen a sainsburys lorry going down floyd road. I think Murray was driving it?? Maybe its his new role in the club structure. Online shopping deliveries
  • Options
    Is there a Target 4000 committee yet for this thread, if not why have the club not done anything about it?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Steve Dowman[/cite]Is there a Target 4000 committee yet for this thread, if not why have the club not done anything about it?

good point ... about time they pulled heir finger out and supported the fans
  • Options
    What's a bump
  • Options
    983 posts until the takeover. FACT.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    And why we're at it,anyone know who's involved with this?
    HARVEY GARDENS PLC
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]And why we're at it,anyone know who's involved with this?
    HARVEY GARDENS PLC

I think this Richard Murray's Coy. The one he formed when he bought out the other shareholders. In anycase, shouldn't this be on the all new takeover thread?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]And why we're at it,anyone know who's involved with this?
    [url=http://www.jordanwatch.co.uk/reports/details/07339663/harveygardensplc.html]HARVEY GARDENS PLC[/url][/quote]

I think this Richard Murray's Coy. The one he formed when he bought out the other shareholders. In anycase, shouldn't this be on the all new takeover thread?[/quote]

pah...splitters
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The original takeover thread.
  • Options
    Support the original
  • Options
    There is no point in change solely for change's sake ... but that is all the new takeover thread has to offer. 'Change' has become the new cliche ... and just like Obama in the US it will prove to be a false dawn.

There is so much more that this thread has to offer ... not least the fact that has avoided the most dreaded of CL insults ... and is not a clique.

'Proper' Charlton know which way to vote and I am confident that the upstart thread will show it's true colours in due course ... i.e. it is a blatant attempt at self publicity.

COTOT ... Come On The Original Thread ... you know it makes sense ;-)
  • Options
    Eeii eeii eeiioo, up the Charlton Life we go
    and when there is a takeover
    this is what we'll sing
    we are Charlton, proper Charlton three thousand posts and more
  • Options
    Can anybody imagine a scenario at our small club akin to Liverpool or Manchester United is as much as we get taken over by somebody without any actual money?
    It could be that we get acquired, and that the money comes from a substantial loan against the Valley? There would be a bit of spare to gamble on promotion in order to make the whole deal work, and of course if we didn't get promotion, and with it the bit of money in the Championship that would pay the interest on the Valley secured loan, then we would lose the whole club plus the Valley.
    Names have been bandied around for ages now, but what alarms me most is if somehow Richard Murray cedes control to a person with a lot of talk, but no actual dosh, and that person or consortium has no attachment to the club and we are left to die if a gamble doesn't come off.
    We need actual real and fresh investment into the club. Sheffield Wednesday thought they would get 2 mil to pay the tax bill, and the Co-Operative bank, that promise has melted away and they now face an imminent winding up order...hopes raised and dashed. Please Richard Murray be very careful who you usher in to follow you, or your legacy may disappear forever.
  • Options
    Seth. If you are going to post anything sensible. I suggest you start a sensible takeover thread. I agree with your post though.
  • Options
    I heard a rumour....

1987 song by Bananarama
  • Options
    Ridsdale offers 11m with 3m cash the rest finance but murray believes the OTHER party are in a better position
  • Options
    I went to the News of the World site and you have to register (worth £2) and after that they want some actual money off you. I'm interested in the report but rather roll in my own vomit than knowingly give Murdoch any money, and don't feel like signing up so that they can falsely inflate their subscription figures. It is probably only two lines in any case and also cannot be arsed to register.

Risdale's reputation at wrecking Leeds and nearly bankrupting Cardiff by unsustainable spending and not paying tax bills makes me feel very nervous.

Wise if he is involved needs to overcome the impression that his media has given me that is not ' a bit of a git ' . I don't know the feller personally, he may be a decent guy, and misrepresented. If he wants to turn that around with Charlton fans, actual plans for solid foundations at the club and positive values that he has in his business and football dealings. What kind of football does he want his teams to play. Wise is associated with Jimeniz, another person with not a great media representation, I don't really know too much about him, some thing with Wise, I don't him personally, what he is about or too much about his dealings.

If the choice is Other, if they have some real money to invest (and not just a line of (unsustainable) credit that they want to buy the club with and run the club at a loss, and have the club servicing the interest (sound famaliar ?) ) then thats got to be preferable.

Whoever is involved, I hope that Richard Murray is clear that the seller prevents an asset strip, selling the valley, training ground or other assets the club holds (to fund interest or costs of a takeover).

Any takeover needs to put the club on a solid foundation so that the youth set up and community work can be sustained. No credit gambles on getting to the champs and the premiership with a financial meltdown if we don't. I know we have no money as a club but we want to avoid jumping out of the frying pan into the fire?

I hope Richard Murray can avoid landing us with a dodgy owner. The due diligence completed last year on the sale, shows he is trying to avoid that.
  • Options
    Ridsdale rumour is very worrying with his track record ... hope it means that Murray is using this apparent bid to get the other bidders out into the open ... unless it is Dennis Wise lol ... although Wise could well be associated with Ridsdale.