Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

THE 'OTHER' TAKEOVER THREAD (FOR PROPER CHARLTON)

Comments

• Options
    ... and update on twitter today is ... nothing so far.

No surprise as all we are going to find on Twitter is more rumours ... although that won't stop me from reading them ;-)
  • Options
    Twitter dan oan (again) ... cafc statement expected this morning ... mmmm
  • Options
    RT @danroan: Expect Charlton Athletic statement this morning #cafc
  • Options
    CL slowing down ... looks like lots of people flooding here to find out what is happening
  • Options
    Matt Law (Express twitter) Charlton fans worried about Peter Ridsdale can breathe a sigh of relief for now. Statement coming saying no takeover is imminent.
  • Options
    no great surprise really ... just interesting that on this occasion the club are apparently issuing a denial ... normally they ignore the rumours

wait and see what is said on OS ... nothing there yet
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]Good size loyal fanbase for this division, enormous fan potential as target 40k has made clear, global interest in greenwich over next couple of years (royal borough and olympics), relatively cheap price for a club with our potential, reputation as a 'family' club, definite chance to be a top-half championship club if not more ... for the right person this must represent an attractive proposition
    Except that all things being equal we generate about enough money to keep the club running, before you factor in players. So we're always going to be a cash drain. I guess the reasons that you state make us a good target for someone looking for a club to develop, but not someone looking for an investment.
  • Options
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/charlton_athletic/9151712.stm
  • Options

League One side Charlton Athletic have rejected a takeover bid from a group led by Swiss-based fund manager Sebastien Sainsbury.

A senior source at the club said the offer had not provided proof of funds.

Sainsbury, a member of the supermarket dynasty, fronted a failed attempt to buy Leeds United in 2004.

Former Leeds United and Cardiff City chairman Peter Ridsdale has denied recent press speculation he is involved in a rival US bid for the Addicks.
  • Options
    So ... to summarise ... 2 rumoured bids, one denied, one turned down due to lack of substance.

This story is not over yet,
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rival US bid??
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited November 2010
    Trying to tidy up the forum, nobody knows where to look, what's serious and what's not or anything else.

Will try and keep the most relevant and up-to-date threads on the first page.

Apologies to all you stalwarts.

Hitler.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Hitler.

LOL ... but you have sunk the wrong thread ;-)
  • Options
    This thread has been going for over 15 months and has over 3,000 entries - why would you sink it ?
  • Options
    See above.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]See above.

still the wrong one ;-)
  • Options
    RIP this thread.
  • Options
    This is the original :o(
  • Options
    Typifies modern football in this country. Football existed before the "new thread" you know.

Sold out :(
  • Options
    is it too late to lodge an appeal?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]See above.

get a life
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited November 2010
    Ok will do.

Amazing. I'd suggest the same to you if the fact that when a thread on a internet message board gets sunk you get all upset.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Clique alert.

Seriously, what has upset you so much about this thread with various new "Takeover" threads in the last couple of days from Bibble, AFKA, RedMiddle, Prague, HI etc etc all left intact ? Did you just personally not like this one ?
  • Options
    RIP the best thread on the forum!
    The one and only takeover thread.
  • Options
    Why the hell has this thread been sank
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited November 2010
    I havent been upset by anything, sometimes you have to draw a line though. People were posting the same thing in so many different places.

The other threads were about specifics, the bloke Sainsbury, the announcement made this morning, and a much tidier recent thread minus the inane ramblings that dragged on for 15 months (plus bibble's TakeCover thread). I also sunk the "The Official Charlton Takeover Thread (For Johnny Come Latelys)" which has got close to 1,000 posts so I wasnt picking on a particular thread.

Don't get me wrong, it's all good for the joke - but when something appears in the pipeline so to speak it can get very confusing.

I don't get attached to any threads despite what you may think.
  • Options
    I'm going to write to my local councillor ... breach of human liberty ... and definite ageism because this thread is older ... you should ashamed of yourself.

However ... on a serious note ... I really do not think that this thread was confusing anyone ... it's just a laugh ... and for that reason it should return.
  • Options
    Cheerio old chum. I think the new owners wanted a clear out personally and don't want to see anything to remind supporters of the good old days. Bit like when they pulled down the old long lamented proper West Stand I guess. No sense of history some people. RIP
  • Options
    Now this thread is sunk there will be no take over FACT.
  • Options
    Sunk so the Chirpy Irving and Muttley stooge show can takeover the takeover thread, disgusting...