Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

THE 'OTHER' TAKEOVER THREAD (FOR PROPER CHARLTON)

Comments

• Options
    Whoever is involved, I hope that Richard Murray is clear that the seller prevents an asset strip, selling the valley, training ground or other assets the club holds (to fund interest or costs of a takeover).

Any takeover needs to put the club on a solid foundation so that the youth set up and community work can be sustained. No credit gambles on getting to the champs and the premiership with a financial meltdown if we don't. I know we have no money as a club but we want to avoid jumping out of the frying pan into the fire?

I hope Richard Murray can avoid landing us with a dodgy owner. The due diligence completed last year on the sale, shows he is trying to avoid that.

Fully agreed and said far more eloquently that I did ... I still trust Murray ... he would not want to go out as a 'villain' ... problem is if he is backed into a corner financially and has no choice.
  • Options
    I think that when this thread gets to 3333 that is stopped at that point. 3 is a lucky number and maybe that will bring good luck to a take over. We can then write comments on the other thread, with the benefit that you don't have to keep switching between threads for the same subject and there is no division between the Charlton supporters.
  • Options
    Don't give in to the upstarts ... there is only one proper thread ;-)
  • Options
    As I posted on the other takeover thread. What real choice does Murray have at the end of the day ? He's desperate to get out and if the two choices to sell are both not what he would have hoped for is he in a position to back out ? I doubt that. Let's hope his preferred buyer is credible.
  • Options
    Cheers, Stonemuse. A Risdale buyout based on credit doesn't sound that enticing. A Risdale buyout based on credit alongside Wise would defintely be worrying. I can't quite see that. A Wise buyout sounds more palatable than a Risdale takeover, just about. Like I say, this is all speculation.

I have an open mind but really would prefer any takeover not to be based on a line of credit. Risdale and a line of credit is definitely worrying as Risdale always seems to over reach himself, which ends up being to the detriment of the club. I am not exactly sure what happened at Cardiff but it didn't look good and the situation only seemed to settle when he departed. We know what happened at Leeds.

Who in their right mind would give Risdale a line of credit in any case ? and if so on what terms in this day and age ?

Lets hope Richard Murray is not backed into a corner.

As I said above, I have an open mind and would support a takeover based on real investment and that any shot at the champs or the Premiership, if it failed, didn't leave the club in a worse position.
  • Options
    So what-verbatim was printed in the News of the Screws then? I would not want Ridsdale at all, I cannot see RM doing that to us though.
  • Options
    It does seem that there may be a couple of other offers out there ... to be honest I would be amazedif there wasn't ... we must be a fairly attractive proposition at the current price especially with both the Olympics and the formal Royal borough status coming quite soon.

Could be quite interesting for a few weeks ... but I very much doubt we will be seeing Zabeel level investment.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pilchard[/cite]So what-verbatim was printed in the News of the Screws then? I would not want Ridsdale at all, I cannot see RM doing that to us though.

As far as I can make out it was just a short sentence stating that he had expressed interest
  • Options
    So the Peter Risdale idea has been denied straight away but there is still no coment on the sainsbury theory.
    Interesting :)
  • Options
    Matters seem to be coming to some kind of a head, and a new reel is being prepared for the projector. I suspect that any decent and substantial interested parties are being unsettled by speculative interest who are planting stories and rumours in order to frighten off more serious interest, and then leave the ground clear for themselves, as dodgy dealers. I am hoping Richard Murray can hold his nerve during all this and has the ability to discern the difference between any decent and committed parties (if they exist, which I suspect they do) and the speculators, and duckers and divers who have no real money or backing.
    The fact remains that we have a decent stadium, fan base, location, community involvement, academy system and reputation...and history has shown that we are a club with potential for success. Please Mr Murray....your legacy can be great, try hard not to sell your great club down the river.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sainsbury has expressed an interest I know that for a fact. More than that I don't know.

Murray is no fool and has always said that he would only sell to the "right" buyer for Charlton.
  • Options
    I have a strong feeling that Mr. Murray has one final great performance as Chairman before riding off into the sunset. If and when any deal is finalised i have every faith that Muzza will leave with Charlton in a far better position than we currently find ourselves.
  • Options
    Risdale on SSn now - denied any involvement.
  • Options
    Phew...
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]I have a strong feeling that Mr. Murray has one final great performance as Chairman before riding off into the sunset. If and when any deal is finalised i have every faith that Muzza will leave with Charlton in a far better position than we currently find ourselves.[/quote]

Same here
  • Options
    yup, that's my feeling too
  • Options
    Dan Roan saying '' CAFC latest: Peter Ridsdale has just called to stress he is "100% NOT involved in any bid for Charlton". Don't believe all u read''
  • Options
    I'm happy to trust in Airman ... it isn't Ridsdale ... Minty will not let us down
  • Options
    Have to say I agree with all the relieved comments that Ridsdale is not involved. But its also a good warning to us the fans. Yes we want new owners - to secure our future and we would like them to spend a bit - if only to get us back into the Championship. But the finance should come from the new owners and not from selling off or mortgaging our assets. I really don't want us facing a boom or bust scenario because in the modern age the bust almost become inevitable. If new (sensible) owners do come to the club we should not expect an overnight turn around in our fortunes. Time and stability should become the motto.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: johnny73[/cite]Have to say I agree with all the relieved comments that Ridsdale is not involved. But its also a good warning to us the fans. Yes we want new owners - to secure our future and we would like them to spend a bit - if only to get us back into the Championship. But the finance should come from the new owners and not from selling off or mortgaging our assets. I really don't want us facing a boom or bust scenario because in the modern age the bust almost become inevitable. If new (sensible) owners do come to the club we should not expect an overnight turn around in our fortunes. Time and stability should become the motto.[/quote]

Soooo agree!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Appropriate comment johnny73 'time and stability' ... and I am sure most agree.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    what makes any of you believe something is going on behind the scenes?

the takeovers of man city, birmingham and west ham all went through fairly quickly, why should ours be so drawn out, I can't believe that what we have, is any more complicated than those mentioned, or is it because muzza still wants to retain an input, that's holding up proceedings, if in fact their are proceedings to hold up?
  • Options
    you could be right ... but I still have a feeling that something is going on ... Murray has made it very clear that he needs to sell and I still believe we should be a very attractive proposition for the right buyers ... and at a good price.

Is it because Murray wants to retain some kind of input? If so, I wouldn't blame him but he is an experinced business man and knows this may not be practical.
  • Options
    Seth Plum on the previous page quote 3040, great post.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]you could be right ... but I still have a feeling that something is going on ... Murray has made it very clear that he needs to sell and I still believe we should be a very attractive proposition for the right buyers ... and at a good price.

Is it because Murray wants to retain some kind of input? If so, I wouldn't blame him but he is an experinced business man and knows this may not be practical.

I agree.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]you could be right ... but I still have a feeling that something is going on ... Murray has made it very clear that he needs to sell and I still believe we should be a very attractive proposition for the right buyers ... and at a good price.

Is it because Murray wants to retain some kind of input? If so, I wouldn't blame him but he is an experinced business man and knows this may not be practical.[/quote]

How are we an attractive proposition!

We are tens of millions up the shute and in Division Three.
  • Options
    Good size loyal fanbase for this division, enormous fan potential as target 40k has made clear, global interest in greenwich over next couple of years (royal borough and olympics), relatively cheap price for a club with our potential, reputation as a 'family' club, definite chance to be a top-half championship club if not more ... for the right person this must represent an attractive proposition
  • Options
    Good post Stone.
  • Options
    Ok risdale has denied interest which I am very happy about but even if he were interested I am confident that RM wouldn't sell to him, not the sort any charlton fan would want running their club.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]Ok risdale has denied interest which I am very happy about but even if he were interested I am confident that RM wouldn't sell to him, not the sort any charlton fan would want running their club.

agree with that large ... let's be happy that as Rick says, this is a red herring