Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

THE 'OTHER' TAKEOVER THREAD (FOR PROPER CHARLTON)

Comments

• Options
    Even OS has a bit of a tees on it!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: charltonfan[/cite]i know everyone has heard a rumour reguarding takeover,but ive heard somthing interesting in the last half an hour or so,that the deal will be done tomorrow and that paul ince will be the new manager

charltonfan...I heard something a couple of weeks back that I honestly thought was gospel and from an impecable source....I actually posted on here that I had this info...though NOT what it was and from whom it came...it turns out that it hasn't happened....not to say that it wasn't a possibility or in the pipe line....who knows how many different deals have been brokered by PV over the last couple of months....any one of which 'might' just have come to fruition.
    Your's like mine is just another rumour/possibility.....eventualy someone is going to hit the jackpot with correct info and be able to turn round and say "I told you so.".......it looks like it wasn't to be me and my guess is it aint you either, though who knows.
    One thing I will say though is that I find it strange that folk 'make these things up'....I didn't make my info up but was told it by someone who I trust 100% so I guess he was told something that was or in due course became a non-starter....if you get my drift.Those people who have 'deliberately' set out to spread false rumours are nothing but arseholes.I'm not talking about the multitude of obvious jokey ones that are on here....I'm talking about the ones that are at least plausible, which folk may well think really seriously about.
  • Options
    anyway fcuk all is going on now so lets just get on with it,cant really be bovvered anymore.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: charltonfan[/cite]i know everyone has heard a rumour reguarding takeover,but ive heard somthing interesting in the last half an hour or so,that the deal will be done tomorrow and that paul ince will be the new manager

charltonfan...I heard something a couple of weeks back that I honestly thought was gospel and from an impecable source....I actually posted on here that I had this info...though NOT what it was and from whom it came...it turns out that it hasn't happened....not to say that it wasn't a possibility or in the pipe line....who knows how many different deals have been brokered by PV over the last couple of months....any one of which 'might' just have come to fruition.
    Your's like mine is just another rumour/possibility.....eventualy someone is going to hit the jackpot with correct info and be able to turn round and say "I told you so.".......it looks like it wasn't to be me and my guess is it aint you either, though who knows.
    One thing I will say though is that I find it strange that folk 'make these things up'....I didn't make my info up but was told it by someone who I trust 100% so I guess he was told something that was or in due course became a non-starter....if you get my drift.Those people who have 'deliberately' set out to spread false rumours are nothing but arseholes.I'm not talking about the multitude of obvious jokey ones that are on here....I'm talking about the ones that are at least plausible, which folk may well think really seriously about.
    Which ones were they?
  • Options
    There is one group of people that could set the record straight.Either way,good or bad,i just wish they would f**k*n urry up!
  • Options
    Jesus the bloke has come on and said something he has heard, he's not hurting anyone and most people including myself take it with a pinch of salt but don't take it too far he's
  • Options
    Chill people - we all like a bit of gossip and it's just a bit of fun. I know most (correction, probably all) of them are bullshit, but I'm glad to hear them nonetheless.

Thanks for posting charltonfan.
  • Options
    i dont think anyone has had a pop at charltn fan to be fair i just think he mis interpreted the banter
  • Options
    Hope tomorrow is the day, ill be checking cl all day, ah I do that anyway actually, infact ilve become obsessed with this takeover, I have dreamt about it 3 times now too. In one dream I was actually in the board room with PV. Not sure why I just sort of wandered in before a game. Anyone else dremt about it? How about we start a takeover dreams thread?
  • Options
    The thing is if this was true their is no doubt the papers would have got hold of it, a club isn't taken over and appoint a new manger out of the blue their is always reports in the papers before hand
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Any ideas when the press conference will happen.
  • Options
    It's all got a little bit silly now to say the least!
  • Options
    I do know charltonfan, spoke to him last night, he is only reporting what he was told and sharing with other Charlton fans, he never stated it was fact.
  • Options
    can't see Beni Carbone being involved unless we act fast, set to sign for Walsall !!
  • Options
    Carbone must be at least 54 by now!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pilchard[/cite]Carbone must be at least 54 by now!

37, available on a free.
  • Options
    sounds like a parky type player, old and completely unsuited for league one. A better but much less fit Burton on big wages, who will be picking up his wages on the treatment table.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: c4fcdenmark[/cite]sounds like a parky type player, old and completely unsuited for league one. A better but much less fit Burton on big wages, who will be picking up his wages on the treatment table.[/quote]

Zzzzz

Im sure Parkys Colchester team that were promoted from league one was full of such players
  • Options
    just like pardews west ham got promoted , i'm not interested in parkys colchester , it's what these clowns do at charlton that matters to me and parky's been pathetic
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]

37, available on a free.

Where has he been all these years?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: pilchard[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]

37, available on a free.

Where has he been all these years?
    Italy, and very briefly, Australia.
  • Options
    Now I don't want you all to get excited but my sons mate's grannie lives opposite peter varney (FACT ! very near bromley common bus garage ) and I can tell you at this monent PV is not at home. Is he about to pull off something other than his jumper or has he just gone shopping ?
  • Options
    I think its pretty clear nothing is going to happen, if something were going to happen it would have done so by now. Time to face facts guys and knuckle down for another 'interesting' season.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]I think its pretty clear nothing is going to happen, if something were going to happen it would have done so by now. Time to face facts guys and knuckle down for another 'interesting' season.

Said it before.Don't believe something like a takeover could go on for this long in complete secrecy.
  • Options
    Things don't have to happen before or on a certain date.

There is nothing to say that for any one of a multitude of reasons, something may happen say, in October.....

There is no deadline for takeovers - they can happen whenever.

Or nothing is happening.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite] in October.....

What date in October is the takeover happening then?
  • Options
    well its for sure that this takeover malarchy has been a right anticlimax.

When you think back to the Zabeel disaster. We were completely blindsided by that one and have been living in anticipation for another boom announcement since.

Safe to say its quite dpressing.
  • Options
    I cant see why everyone is getting so excited, nothing will happen, just get used to it and stop dreaming
  • Options
    I'd quite like to believe this story! It would explain why Ince hasn't even been mentioned for a single vacant managerial job over the summer. Despite his spell at Blackburn, he has a good record in the lower leagues. Realistically though I don't think a takeover is going to happen and Parkinson will be in charge for next season at least.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Not true Rob.Said he'd be interested in the West Brom job just the other day.As did curbs.