Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

THE 'OTHER' TAKEOVER THREAD (FOR PROPER CHARLTON)

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]me and PV are at wimbledon meeting with Borg i will let you know what happens later but Bjorn is very interested in taking over as Manager

I heard he likes a backhander.....:o)
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Any rumours or anything ?[/quote]

I heard from an inside source that there is a big announcement going to be made on the 23rd...of July. Looking forward to it.
  • Options
    Seroious valleyman? I hope your right, seems to have gone very quiet on this front. Will be intersting to see what the directors responses are to this thusday, my feeling is there is still something going on.
  • Options
    Think he was joking.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: superclive[/cite]Seroious valleyman? I hope your right, seems to have gone very quiet on this front. Will be intersting to see what the directors responses are to this thusday, my feeling is there is still something going on.

Forget about it. Nothing's happening
  • Options
    reason why it has not happened is because the investors wanted p varney in as chairman and murray was not having any of it, it will happen when investors up the offer.
  • Options
    and you know this how kmen4?
  • Options
    know an xplayer that curbs let go and is good friends with alex varney . x player has again just moved on to another club also lives in bromley henry.
  • Options
    Ok kmen - so who are the investors?
  • Options
    Have no idea if there is any truth in this but Mercury/SLP have reported this:

Exclusive: Charlton Board Ready To Write Off £30million
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We might find out on Thursday..
  • Options
    ...if you get a ticket Postie !
    ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kmem4[/cite]it will happen when investors up the offer.

So you're saying they haven't even had an offer accepted?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Simon E[/cite]Have no idea if there is any truth in this but Mercury/SLP have reported this:

[url=http://www.mercury-today.co.uk/tn/sport.cfm?id=26641&headline=Exclusive: Charlton board ready to write off £30million]Exclusive: Charlton Board Ready To Write Off £30million[/url][/quote]

Nothing new here. The £30M was never going to come back unless we got back in the Prem and then sold out. Its also a case probably of writting off £30M now or say £31M/£32M in a years time.
  • Options
    ....don't start ;) I think that little problem has been sorted.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Simon E[/cite]Have no idea if there is any truth in this but Mercury/SLP have reported this:

Exclusive: Charlton Board Ready To Write Off £30million

"And the South London Press understands that their takeover could be completed within the next couple of days - allowing them to be in control within two weeks".

that gets the old rumour mill well and truely ticking again that is a piece of news i never thought i would read i thought it was done and dusted over and out i am midly excited by this
  • Options
    I heard over the weekend that due dillignce had been completed and the takeover was almost complete..couldnt be bothered to post it at the time as there has been so many rumours before...also heard that KRBS are to be the new shirt sponsor..KRBS are the same sponsor as Gillinghams
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Frank Gallagher[/cite]I heard over the weekend that due dillignce had been completed and the takeover was almost complete..couldnt be bothered to post it at the time as there has been so many rumours before...also heard that KRBS are to be the new shirt sponsor..KRBS are the same sponsor as Gillinghams

never let the truth get in the way of a good rumour Frank ;-)
  • Options
    Who/What are "KRBS" Frank ?
  • Options
    Kent Reliance Building Society... I believe or something like that
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    kent reliance building society
  • Options
    I hope nobody has any money with them as our record of sponsors going bust is second to none :)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]Who/What are "KRBS" Frank ?

Could be pronounced Curbs. Is this a sign?

Or Crabs, is this an infection?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: addick1965[/cite]I hope nobody has any money with them as our record of sponsors going bust is second to none :)

Thanks for the tip off, I will form a queue tomorrow to get my money out.
  • Options
    Every time most write it off it strarts again. The rumour that won't go away and yet another 2 weeks. Breaks the boredom of only one signing for the time being.
  • Options
    "Murray has refused to comment - or even confirm - that talks were going on behind the scenes".

But the Charlton supremo has spelt out themassive financial hit the current board are prepared to take if the right people make an approach for the club, which is kicking off next season in League One.

Murray said: “It is a huge commitment to write off the money we’ve invested. But I knew when I came into the club that I had to be willing to lose my money. Luckily I told the investors I brought into the club that they had to be prepared to do the same - and I think I’ll be proved right. But the club will carry on.”

seems to contradict each other on one hand Muzza is saying nowt and then there is a statement from him to the investors
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: addick1965[/cite]I hope nobody has any money with them as our record of sponsors going bust is second to none :)[/quote]

Hahaha large queues of pensioners everywhere in Kent!
  • Options
    Only mildly excited, NLA?

I've gone all tingly.

And if the directors announce that they have written off huge sums to guarantee investment in the club, there could be a very, very different perspective to Thursday's meeting. It could turn into a love-in.
  • Options
    Well fuck a doodle doo, more rumours
  • Options
    I wonder if those who spoke of some of the Board's greed will be as quick to apologise if this turns out to be true.