Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

THE 'OTHER' TAKEOVER THREAD (FOR PROPER CHARLTON)

Comments

• Options
    I'm calling time on it, its over just deal with it folks.

:)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DPFC[/cite]Now I don't want you all to get excited but my sons mate's grannie lives opposite peter varney (FACT ! very near bromley common bus garage ) and I can tell you at this monent PV is not at home. Is he about to pull off something other than his jumper or has he just gone shopping ?

I saw him coming out of Ann Summers in Bromley earlier today so he may well be about to pull something off!
  • Options
    I heard a rumour that something's happening in October. Anyone able to shed any light on that?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]I heard a rumour that something's happening in October. Anyone able to shed any light on that?

I heard that too. Most likely at the Norwich game Is my guess.
  • Options
    :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]I heard a rumour that something's happening in October. Anyone able to shed any light on that?

Charlton's superstore was opened in November 2006. If that is on a three-year lease, that would run out in ... October this year.

That's probably why the club only says that the closure is "temporary": we can't get out of the lease until then.

So the new owners, in October, can work with a clean slate.
  • Options
    Did you notice that Parkinson only commented on the first couple of months fixtures. Nothing after October.

Pretty obvious he's knows that is the date
  • Options
    We was told that the takeover would happen 6 weeks after the Norwich game.

THIS seasons Norwich game is 19th September, 6 weeks after this game is 31st October! FACT!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]We was told that the takeover would happen 6 weeks after the Norwich game.

THIS seasons Norwich game is 19th September, 6 weeks after this game is 31st October! FACT!

Proof indeed

31st October is also Halloween. The new owners must be Wizards or Satanists or followers of the "old" religion.
  • Options
    Zabeel's twelve-month exclusivity period, following their initial indicative bid ends in ... October. Coincidence? I think not.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

Charlton's superstore was opened in November 2006. If that is on a three-year lease, that would run out in ... October this year.

That's probably why the club only says that the closure is "temporary": we can't get out of the lease until then.

So the new owners, in October, can work with a clean slate.

Most shop leases run from 10 - 25 years, highly unlikely that it's on a three year lease. I would imagine Charlton are working very hard to get out of the lease by selling it on.
  • Options
    I'm in Morocco at the moment and couldn't find the British Embassy this morning. I reckon it's a dead cert that they've camoflagued it to prevent the leaks that we're being nationalised by Mohammed VI, El Karkouri spearheading the deal and we'll be moved into the Moroccon first division as of 2011. Plus, Morocco moved onto summertime at the start of June so we're both on GMT. Coincidence? I think not.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]I think its pretty clear nothing is going to happen, if something were going to happen it would have done so by now. Time to face facts guys and knuckle down for another 'interesting' season.

Said it before.Don't believe something like a takeover could go on for this long in complete secrecy.

Agree
  • Options
    albo1973 CommentTime1 day ago quote# 12
    I was just talking to my aunt's parrot..who overheard the next door neighbour's mina bird.who just hapend to be flying past the board room..... window ... just streching he's wing's you understand.Who over heard that the contract's are being signed at 7 tonight.!!

Well it's gone past 7 O'clock. I reckon that parrot was just a wind up!
    I thought there was a grain of truth in the story because of the Jimmy Seed stand...
  • Options
    Could due diligence be underway without shareholders being notified?

I've been told by a semi-reliable sauce (tomato) that they are at that stage...
  • Options
    is that what you read on 606?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]is that what you read on 606?
    Nope from a fellow fan at worky.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Could due diligence be underway without shareholders being notified?

I've been told by a semi-reliable sauce (tomato) that they are at that stage...

Yes DD could be done without telling shareholders as the Club is not listed any more (correct me if I'm wrong)

Only semi-reliable? Have you been reading other websites again? Hasn't AFKA told you that is a sacking offence : - )
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Could due diligence be underway without shareholders being notified?

I've been told by a semi-reliable sauce (tomato) that they are at that stage...[/quote]They can do due dilliagance, then if they feel it is a worth while investment they would submit an offer in which the club would recomend the shareholders to accept.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I didnt mean to start rumours again - I just had an email off of the back of the Hudson news that was all.

Its nothing major or groundbreaking but we need to keep the rumour mill up and running!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]I didnt mean to start rumours again - I just had an email off of the back of the Hudson news that was all.

Its nothing major or groundbreaking but we need to keep the rumour mill up and running!

No we dont we have had enough!! I might come to the porter to search you tonight.......... and buy you some apples
  • Options
    PLEASE don't start this thread up again unless there is something definite. It's pointless. Nobody on here really knows what's going on and that's been proved with all of the supposed deadlines. Just leave it
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]PLEASE don't start this thread up again unless there is something definite. It's pointless. Nobody on here really knows what's going on and that's been proved with all of the supposed deadlines. Just leave it

Amen to that!
  • Options
    I've heard it's a Japenese consortium oh wait they just bought some crap team :o(
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Yeah agreed Crap side a league above us and richer than us

Wish we were crapper
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]I've heard it's a Japenese consortium oh wait they just bought some crap team :o(
    Wish we were crapper

Give Parky a chance, he's only had half a season.

Give him another year and I've no doubt you will have your wish!
  • Options
    Any rumours or anything ?
  • Options
    Well, I heard...................

(sorry NLA & PV).
  • Options
    me and PV are at wimbledon meeting with Borg i will let you know what happens later but Bjorn is very interested in taking over as Manager