Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

THE 'OTHER' TAKEOVER THREAD (FOR PROPER CHARLTON)

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: aliwibble[/cite]AEG?

I'd imagine so. If they don't get WestHam might they be interested in.... Oh, forget it.
  • Page 3 !!!!!!!!

Not on my watch
  • 5 Live was saying earlier a deal to buy West Ham would be done within the next 48 hours and it would not be Gold & Sullivan (some Arab chap i think). If true then I guess we will finally get to see who their second choice is sooner rather than later.
  • Apparently, Gold and Sullivan have given a deadline of 6pm tonight for acceptance of their bid. I guess if the answer is negative, they still have time in this window to buy another club. Here's hoping!
  • Anyone hear O'Sullivan on 5 live last night? Apparently, as you have probably seen on the bbc website, they have looked at 20 clubs to invest in and are shocked by the finances in football et etc etc but they are still considering 6 clubs to invest in - 2 from the Prem and 4 from elsewhere in the pyramid. So presumably that means the Hammers, us and Palace plus 3 others?
  • I heard yesterday evening that the Wexford fella (as of just before Christmas) is still interested in us.
  • [cite]Posted By: seth plum[/cite]I heard yesterday evening that the Wexford fella (as of just before Christmas) is still interested in us.

Wexford fella ?
  • The bloke in charge of the team we played in a pre season friendly.
  • Wexford fella ?

Mick Wallace

http://www.businessandfinance.ie/index.jsp?p=413&n=427&a=2095
  • [cite]Posted By: seth plum[/cite]The bloke in charge of the team we played in a pre season friendly.
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Wexford fella ?

Mick Wallace

http://www.businessandfinance.ie/index.jsp?p=413&n=427&a=2095

Thanks
  • Sponsored links:

• Look at the state of him
  • [cite]Posted By: PL54[/cite]Look at the state of him

Oh come on 54....so he's different....I couldn't care less, I had plenty of pals who've looked like that over the years indeed I kinda looked that way myself for agood few years...maybe not so much nowadays as that look is a bit dated but not so long ago you wouldn't have turned a hair.
  • Do we want an escapee from Status Quo running our club?
  • edited January 2010
    WHY CHARLTON TAKEOVER FELL THROUGH - EXCLUSIVE

The South London Press can reveal that Mike Wallace's multi-million takeover collapsed at the last minute when the long haired Irish building magnet was abused by Charlton fans.

Wallace revealed that "just as I was walking into the Valley to sign the contract a group of fat, balding fans started abusing me with shouts of "get your hair cut you bleedin' hippie" and "we don't want some hairy sod running our club, pish off to the barbers".

"I would have ignored it" continued Wallace "but then I saw Richard Murray and Bob Whitehand laughing at my hair style and that was that".
  • What's a "building magnet"?
  • Maybe he'll change the name of the Valley to the Magnetic Field?
  • hilarious. I've just googled him!
  • As a side issue I thought I heard on Sky Sports N that Gold/Sullivan have today increased their offer for WHU.
  • edited January 2010
    just been announced on sky sports news "the usual Sky sports understands..... bollox". West ham have received 3 bids from sullivan and gold, malaysian businesman and Intermarket. Intermarket have suffered a blow in that Jim Bowe (if that his name ?) CEO had died today (sulllivan and gold bumped them off??) and west ham have denied giving intermarket tomorrow as a deadline for their bid
  • edited January 2010
    Seems that Gold/Sullivan could be back in the picture, I've been told that the Cagliari president Massimo Cellino has had his bid accepted to purchase West Ham and could be in place by Saturday.

Edit, to confirm, just seen this........

"There are strong reports that Cagliari President Massimo Cellino is in London for a West Ham takeover bid. The patron, who lives in Miami, is allegedly prepared to buy out the struggling club that is Coached by former Cagliari legend Gianfranco Zola.

Tuttomercatoweb maintains that Cellino is already in England for negotiations along with his lawyer.

“We cannot talk about any specific bid,” a West Ham spokesman was quoted as saying on Goal.com. “We have had one direct offer as far as I know, but anything else is just speculation and paper talk.”

It would allow Cellino to be reunited with Zola, who he brought back to Italian football and his hometown club at the end of his Chelsea experience.

Cellino has been at the head of Cagliari since June 1992 and is also currently the Vice-President of Serie A’s representation at the Lega Calcio.

He has recently stated that he will fund a new stadium to replace the Stadio Sant’Elia in Cagliari."
  • Sponsored links:

• What Takeover ?
  • Announcement today at West Ham?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/w/west_ham_utd/8464631.stm
  • Taken from West Ham forum KUMB:

Tony Fernandes is understood to have privately conceded defeat in his battle to win control of West Ham.

The Malaysian businessman met with representatives of CB Holding over the weekend in an attempt to thrash out a last minute deal. However he is said to have told acquaintances last night that he was almost certainly out of the running, having failed to agree terms.

Fernandes, who topped a KUMB.com ownership poll last month and was running neck and neck with Intermarket in the latest one had hoped to take full control of the club having apparently satisfied the banks that the necessary finances were in place.

However for reasons currently unknown he has been unable to thrash out a deal - as it appears have fans' syndicate Intermarket and Massimo Cellino, the Cagliari president who staged a late bid last week.

All of which means that former Birmingham City owners David Gold and David Sullivan are in prime position to be named new owners of West Ham United.

Their bid to take a 51% majority share in the club has been far from universally welcomed by supporters keen to see the back of the Icelandic influence that has brought the club to its knees.

Despite reports to the contrary Massimo Cellino is also thought to consider his chances of success slim - despite the Italian media still claiming this morning that he remains a front-runner in the race.

Intermarket, whose bid suffered a huge blow with the death of CEO Jim Bowe eight days ago are thought to have failed to satisfy the banks requirements (although this remains unconfirmed).
  • what is page 5?
  • It's the one after page 4...
  • and page 2?
  • Look what I found
  • Been looking for this........
  • This has nothing to do with the Site being slow today.
    ;-)
  • when are we going to hit 3,000?