Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

THE 'OTHER' TAKEOVER THREAD (FOR PROPER CHARLTON)

Comments

• edited May 2010
    How nice to see our favourite summer thread back on page one. Just 159 posts to reach the magic 3000 !
  • Why would a debt riddled country that will need to be bailed out by its big brother want to take on a debt ridden club...would we even want them to now? The next Iceland/Ireland/Greece in the offing
  • [cite]Posted By: valleyman[/cite]Why would a debt riddled country want to take on a debt ridden club...

You make it sound like the perfect match ;-)
  • any new news on anything takeover related - i've still heard nothing!
  • ALL GOIN THROUGH NEXT WEEK
  • A local consortium of business men are in talks with murray chapple and waggy now, Mr Andrews Mr Tottys and Mr Valley cabs are meant to be very keen on the deal. Mr Bugle pulled out of the deal saying 'sod charlton' its wildy belived Mr Village Tandori and Mr that little shop by the railway crossing, you know it...by the oak are said to step in and help the bid.
  • ENOUGH ALREADY....IT AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN Please Sink Close this thread
  • Takeovers often bring more problems than they solve.

Mark Hulyer was expelled from my school before taking over the club.

What happened next?

(Good call from the Headmaster......possibly)
  • The really odd thing about last summer, was that no names of who the potential buyers ever leaked out, which I still find weird
  • Bill Curbishley

Alan Curbishley
  • Sponsored links:

• [quote][cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Bill Curbishley

Alan Curbishley[/quote]

Absolutely and definitively not true.
  • There is no greater untruth than a truth left unspoken
  • In the valley of the blind the one eyed man is king.
  • [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]In the valley of the blind the one eyed man is king.
    Gordon Brown is taking us over...?
  • Him and colombo... just one more thing....
  • no you fool, he is yesterdays man, its the olympic mascots that Adam is cunningly referring to.

Cant you see it all fits now, the mascots is code for the legacy bidders for the olympic site (same people that own the 02) they are the new owners and will be unveiled at the opening ceremony, when this thread has reached 15000 posts.
  • [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]In the valley of the blind the one eyed man is king.

Something something bird, something something bush
  • (Kate) Bush is taking Us over ?
  • Maybe it's George W Bush
  • [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]In the valley of the blind the one eyed man is king.
    Gordon Brown is taking us over...?

PMSL

Cruel
  • Sponsored links:

• Serious point now... who would take a southampton situation? Didn't zebel want us to go into adminstration to reduce the debts? Take the 10 point hit, someone comes in and buys the club on the cheap then starts to rebuild, could mean another season in league one although I think with a few million available we would nick one or two more results than the saints so could sneak 6th place even with the deduction 3 wins and a draw and were on 0 points, think there won't be as many clubs getting 75 plus points next term so could easily do it with the right backing, dreamland I know but we really need to start thinking about these things as I doubt murray and the others could find another 7m to keep us alive next season.
  • Mmmm, tempting but you just know we be the first to take the hit and then find nobody wants to buy us.
    The shame.
  • well said
  • You just can't keep a good thread down
  • [cite]Posted By: PL54[/cite]You just can't keep a good thread down

haha :-)
  • Could everyone remember to put their comments about PDoddy and other takeover certainties on here please as we don't like it when you start threads that belong on the one and only TAKEOVER NAILED ON FACT thread.

TAKEOVER thread ADMIN-FACT
  • My ten year old has been hoarding his £2 a week pocket money for a couple of years now, Im very suspicious.....
  • edited June 2010
    Take over topic look at my life,
    I'm a lot like you were.
    I'm a lot like you were.

Take over topic at my life,
    and there's so much more
    Live alone in a paradise
    That makes me think of two.

Love lost, such a cost,
    Give me things
    that don't get lost.
    Like a coin that won't get tossed
    Rolling home to you.

Take over topic take a look at my life
    I'm a lot like you
    I need someone to love me
    the whole day through
    Ah, one look in my eyes
    and you can tell that's true.

Lullabies, look in your eyes,
    Run around the same old town.
    Doesn't mean that much to me
    To mean that much to you.

I've been first and last
    Look at how the time goes past.
    But I'm all alone at last.
    Rolling home to you.

Take over topic take a look at my life
    I'm a lot like you
    I need someone to love me
    the whole day through
    Ah, one look in my eyes
    and you can tell that's true.

I'm a lot like you were.
    I'm a lot like you were.
  • Aha.....

Here it is, page 5, seven days old...

What with the World Cup on telly and everything, everyone's forgotten about the takeover but if I press this button here...

It'll all come flooding back in an instance...

And no-one will ever know it was me...

Result...
  • so whats the latest on paul mccarthy's takeover bid. Do You Want to Know a Secret, Yesterday i heard they've been working Eight Days a Week, and Everybody's Got Something to Hide Except Me and My Monkey but now it's Getting Better and they're just waiting for it to Come Together and It Won't Be Long... come on Paul, Please Please Me, Don't Let Me Down, cause Baby, You're a Rich Man and I've Got a Feeling You Know What to Do then everything will be Strawberry Fields Forever.