Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Official Ashes 2009 thread

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: BBClaus[/cite]it's the first Ashes test, what does it matter whether we're favourites or massive underdogs? if we were 4-0 down going into the final test then i'd understand. not being up for it is like charlton drawing man utd away in the FA Cup and us not being bothered, because we'll probably lose anyway.

Agreed we have every chance. (Thank God it's been raining since 4.45 and doesn't look like stopping until Sunday :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]You Cricket lot do make me laugh a flurry of posts when England score a Boundary or heaven forbid take a wicket, not posting much today are we ?

Face Facts...
    England have one world class player
    Having one world class player will never be enough to beat even the poorest aussie side to visit these shores in many a year
    England have won one out of the last ten ashes series (So I am told)
    England are Pelt & have no chance of regaining the ashes

I thank you :-)

Oh............. F off Kets!!
  • Options
    I wpuld argue tho Kets that we actually have 2 world class players. I imagine you are saying pietersen is the only, but i give you Flintoff, would get into any team in the world for bowling alone, if he hits form with bat he is an absolute danger. Add to that i actually think the convicts have as many world class players, 2 Ponting and M Clarke!! So even to me!! This test match has and will be blighted by the fact its A, in fucking wales, 2, rain, D, a crap slow wicket that the ball does not swing on as it prob would at on of the English grounds!! So to me the fault of this disasterous test is down to the namby pamby people who thought it was a good idea to have an England v Australia test match in fecking stupid muggy Wales!! Its just pathetic.
  • Options
    Are we winning or losing i am losing the will to live 5 fecking days to play a game of bat and ball
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Are we winning or losing i am losing the will to live 5 fecking days to play a game of bat and ball

Drawing ;-)
  • Options
    Good chance of rain today?

Probably need it from an English point of view!
  • Options
    gonna need some rain to save this as once we come in to bat I suspect we'll have some sort of collapse (especially if they have a lead of 150-200)
  • Options
    Why is everyone so despondent?
    They are in a very slightly better position than us but there's little in it...........it looks like a draw all the way, even if we get two more 'complete' days play I'd still be calling it a draw.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]Why is everyone so despondent?
    They are in a very slightly better position than us but there's little in it...........it looks like a draw all the way, even if we get two more 'complete' days play I'd still be calling it a draw.
    Even with a patented English 2nd innings batting collapse?
  • Options
    North gets 100.......

575-5 (140 lead).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nobody got any updates..?

Have we not bowled them out yet LOL
  • Options
    two 200 partnerships in an innings.

pathetic bowling - strauus and cook HAVE to bat out the rest of the day
  • Options
    So your watching then Ketters??

They just declared on, well loads lol

4 batsmen get century in one innings for the first ever time. Crap wicket, flat and now our boys can go and get some batting practice, fancy Strauss to get a ton on it. Lesson here for organisers, please have tests in our own country please, i mean yeah Old trafford is out of commission at the mo, but what about Trent Bridge??? Madness decision imo.
  • Options
    Aussies declare on 674-6, Haddin holed out on 121 leaving North unbeaten on 125.

The English batsmen are on a hiding to nothing now. No chance of winning the test now, can only loose it. Forget the rain for the timebeing, they need to bat well now for as long as they can to take some momentum to Lords for next Thursday.

Definitely wont be 2 spinners at Lords, presuming it will be a change of either Onions or Harmison for Panesar. In my opinion, I'd bring in Harmison.
  • Options
    I agree john, unlucky on Onions but i would also bring in Harmy.

England to bat well now, that wicket is a dog.
  • Options
    Using my brilliant reverse-psychology skills, I'm going to predict that both Strauss & Cook will be back in the hutch by the time tea is taken at 3:40pm
  • Options
    Cook gone for 6...LBW to Johnson *** now doing rain dance ***
  • Options
    FFS Bopara gone... LBW, hawkeye says over the top, but gone none the less...
  • Options
    Shocking decision
  • Options
    LOL
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Shoking you say ....

It's life ...
  • Options
    Ravi ... youre out mate ..

Bye
  • Options
    I'm glad I had money on Australia's sixth wicket dismissal being a catch. But did it have to take so long?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Riscardo[/cite]Ravi ... youre out mate ..

Bye

Piss poor decision.
  • Options
    Looks like the rain gods might dig Strauss & Co out of a hole.

if it brightens up can't see them batting allday tomorrow.

Yet again the England bowling attack gets found out at the very highest level. Please explain why Strauss took the final new ball and then bowled Monty & Swann? Aussies pick up the new ball and all of sudden Johnson & Hilfenhaus are getting it to swing.

On this showing Panesar needs to be removed from the team, his bowling has gone backwards. Onions should be back in.
  • Options
    Petersion gone for 8.
    Night all........................
  • Options
    i was just about to turn on sky sports one. might not bother now!
  • Options
    I have had to watch this just to see our World class team in action, I am sure we'll regain the Ashes having watched this Test :-)
  • Options
    55-4

only another 5 hours to bat without the "top" 4.......
  • Options
    Still need 175 more to make the convicts bat again

64-4