Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Official Ashes 2009 thread

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Spankie[/cite]Well it all depends what Australia get in their first innings as to whether this is a good score. Can't help but think they won't be so generous in giving their wickets away!!!

Is it me or are the boundaries that much longer here than in the other test match venues? They are hitting big and not getting boundaries just 2s and 3s!

384-8

Boundaries are shorter if anything, but as Shirty said the outfield is slow. The outfield grass seems a touch on the long side.

Anderson was just plumb LBW but given not out by Doctrove.

402-8.
  • Options
    i loved that over from swann!
  • Options
    But if this is what our tail can do to them on this pitch, then I'm a bit nervous about what the top of their order will do! 400 may not be so good...
  • Options
    Glorious reverse sweep from Swann. Great stuff from England this morning. The convicts are on the rack.
  • Options
    pitched outside for the anderson lbw shout then, according to hawkeye. what a great decision, umpire! ;0)
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    410-8, 50 partnership Swann and Anderson.

75-1 this morning off 10.2 overs
  • Options
    423-8

Swann 41 no off 31 balls

Anderson 26 no off 38 balls

We're reverse sweeping them now LOL
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]410-8, 50 partnership Swann and Anderson.

75-1 this morning off 10.2 overs

They've decided it's a 20-20 game looking at that run rate!
  • Options
    423- 9 Anderson out caught.
  • Options
    Whoops. Anderson gone.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Monty has runs!
  • Options
    Tried one shot too many. Tame dismissal.

430-9 is a decent response for the last 3 wickets. Almost 100 runs added for 2 wickets.
  • Options
    here is a link for anyone intrested.
  • Options
    Swann just caught off a no ball and Monty was on his way back to the pavillion DOH!
  • Options
    435 all out . Panesar caught. Swann no 47.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Well done from 336-7, 99 runs added. Superb effort from Swann.
  • Options
    Not sure how this one will end up, but i like the attitude about it. We've taken the game to the Aussies, which we really needed to do.

England slight favourites at the moment. Next couple of sessions could really decide this game already.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Not sure how this one will end up, but i like the attitude about it. We've taken the game to the Aussies, which we really needed to do.

England slight favourites at the moment. Next couple of sessions could really decide this game already.

I wouldnt say they are favourites yet. They've set down the marker now and as long as they put the ball in the right places, they've got a good chance of taking a lead into the second innings.

The next 30 mins before lunch is going to be key.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Not sure how this one will end up, but i like the attitude about it. We've taken the game to the Aussies, which we really needed to do.

Totally agree AFKA. Really don't know anything about this new look Aussie side. Big test for Strauss to get the right bowlers on and right field placings.
  • Options
    29-0 Hughes 22 no Katich 2 no. Katich only faced 4 balls.

Broad bowling poor and too wide, Anderson bowling average.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hughes looks a very good player.
  • Options
    39-0. Australia have 10 first inning wickets remaining. England have a lead of 396 runs.
  • Options
    Flintoff's bowling game on !
  • Options
    Good over from Fred at Hughes. Giving some trap to the aussie, and the crowd are pumped up.
  • Options
    Need a wicket soon...
  • Options
    Weegs, do the scottish press give much attention to this ?
  • Options
    Well done, Fred - glad you're listening!
  • Options
    Nice one fred. Hughes has gone. Good catch by prior. Aus 60 - 1
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Weegs, do the scottish press give much attention to this ?

I don't give much attention to the Scottish press TBH, AFKA...

Think it gets a paragraph or two deep inside the sports pages once you've waded through plenty of football.
  • Options
    142-1 at tea.
    Katich 53no Ponting 44no and both looking well set.