Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Official Ashes 2009 thread

Comments

• Options
    143-3, KP and Colly50 partnership. Colly had a rough start but is pcking up. Just pray that they both stay there pretty much unscathed to tea first of all, then stumps.
  • Options
    Very quiet since lunch. Kp and Colly plodding along. Would not mind it staying like this till the end of play today.
  • Options
    Beefy said a score of 350 is a good score, we may well get there but it'll be Saturday before we do. It's a very slow pitch and I think Colly and KP are doing a good enough job steadying the ship and chipping away singles after the 3 wickets down this morning.

148-3, 46 overs.
  • Options
    Can't see the problem with the run rate. Still over 3 an over, which on a tricky pitch with a longish (grass) looking outfield, is perfectly acceptable.

Keep this up and they'll be 240-250ish at the close.
  • Options
    The pitch looks a bit easier paced now, that and the opening bursts from the three main seam bowlers have been negotiated reasonably well.

"Beefy said a score of 350 is a good score, we may well get there but it'll be Saturday before we do"

The issue is more with a slow over rate than the speed that the batsmen are scoring at, anything over three runs an over is good going in Test cricket on day one.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]27 overs. In two hours. Disgraceful.

is that bad folks i dont know cricket but i thought 20 in the 20 we batted for a couple of hours and that is only 7 more.

I wish i understood this fecking game

You should bowl at 15 overs an hour. The day's play is scheduled to last six hours, with a minimum of 90 overs. So you should bowl 30 in each two-hour session.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]The pitch looks a bit easier paced now, that and the opening bursts from the three main seam bowlers have been negotiated reasonably well.

"Beefy said a score of 350 is a good score, we may well get there but it'll be Saturday before we do"

The issue is more with a slow over rate than the speed that the batsmen are scoring at, anything over three runs an over is good going in Test cricket on day one.

2 spinners on now so the rate should pick up. They'll bowl atleast 85.
  • Options
    KP now limping. Nassar saying that the achillies injury has flaired up again.
  • Options
    Hopefully he can make it to tea and have some treatment and strapping to it. I know from experience how painful achilles injuries can be!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Spankie[/cite]Hopefully he can make it to tea and have some treatment and strapping to it. I know from experience how painful achilles injuries can be!
    That tends to be Pietersen's achilles heel.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good partnership this, the Aussies have let this go a bit in this session so far
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Good partnership this, the Aussies have let this go a bit in this session so far

Yes their session this morning, the afternoon belongs to us so far. The evening will be interesting!!!
  • Options
    Let's get to tea first...
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    KP's fifty. Eng 190 - 3

Only 3 fours in that fifty, so keeping it steady.

100 partnership up now.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Come on Colly get to 50!
  • Options
    So far BFR!

Pietersen digging the top 3 out of a hole again
  • Options
    GET IN COLLY 50
  • Options
    The top three did ok - it wasn't easy batting first and they deserve a bit of credit for hanging around as long as they did and seeing off the new ball.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Tea it is 194-3, 97 runs, 0 wickets in the session, good work by KP and PC.
  • Options
    Top stuff from KP and Colly, they've done the hard bit and steadied the ship, their initial target would have been to get to tea unscathed and now they need to do the same again to see it out to stumps. I'm not saying no more as I dont want to jinx them :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I wonder what they have for tea
  • Options
    toast
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]I wonder what they have for tea

A Happy meal from McDonalds :-)
  • Options
    Colly out for 64. 228-4 after 65.3
  • Options
    not really got going at all sadly for me, was really looking forward to today just been a bit dull to be honest, silly outs from england once again oz bowling does not look to scary should get to 300 plus by stumps tonight, looking forward to seing our bowling attack get stuck in never thought i would say that in an ashes game..
  • Options
    It's been a bit dull today but the pitch has dictated it would be. We need a big score 1st time up and the pitch to deteriorate then Monty and Swanny can get stuck in.
  • Options
    Pietersen out for 69. 241-5. Freddie next in.
  • Options
    Bad batting, KP gave his wicket away.
  • Options
    What a stupid shot!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Bad batting, KP gave his wicket away.

Utterly crazy and awful in equal measures.