Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Michael Turner

edited July 2009 in General Charlton
Don't know if anyone saw this but a couple of papers today reckon that Fulham are looking to sign him for around the £9 million mark. Quite unbelieveable to me, but good luck to the guy i suppose.

Comments

• Options
    Do we have a sell on-sell on-sell on-sell-on clause?
  • Options
    Transfer fees are so ludicrously inflated these days that no-one is really worth what's being paid for them but Turner is showing himself to be a good player in the top flight, worthy of a high fee. Good luck to him.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Heath Hero[/cite]Do we have a sell on-sell on-sell on-sell-on clause?

Yes we do.
  • Options
    believe we still have a sell-on clause. Something to do with Brentford having him for a lesser/no fee when he left us in exchange for us retaining a sell-on, quite substantial too I believe.
  • Options
    Who's going to be the first to say "we should have never let him go"?

Good to see him do well. Even more so if a club really is going to pay that sort of fee and we're going to get something out of it.

Any idea if Brentford also have a sell on clause?
  • Options
    £9 million? Blimey. Perhaps, Fulham would like McLeod for £7 million.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Who's going to be the first to say "we should have never let him go"?

We should never have let him go, thanks Curbs :o)
  • Options
    I'm taking this sell on clause is a joke????
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Yeah us an brentford both get 15% of any profit, sold for 375k I believe

if sold at 8 million we'd get bout 1.2 million
  • Options
    Whoever bought him to Hull must have a good eye for a player.

Was it Phil Brown?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Whoever bought him to Hull must have a good eye for a player.

Was it Phil Brown?

Parky weren't it?!! Bloody hell, maybe in 3 years time burton and spring will look like a masterstroke
  • Options
    Ha, crafty question, Henry.

;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: scruffle[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Whoever bought him to Hull must have a good eye for a player.

Was it Phil Brown?

Parky weren't it?!! Bloody hell, maybe in 3 years time burton and spring will look like a masterstroke
    Ha ha ha maybe Burt's but Spring never!

I can't stand spring he had two different sets of underarmour last night red and white trying to look flash seemed like a ponce!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]I'm taking this sell on clause is a joke????

no, as scruffle says could be worth over a million.
  • Options
    Well done Curbs!
  • Options
    Michael Turner is an ace bloke from my memory of him, no fool, a Tottenham fan as a youngster, and as a youngster one of the best footballers of his generation. At Crown Woods School Michaels team won the All-london, and Blackheath Cup (a decent competition) for three successive years all with Michael as captain, until Michael was not allowed to play school matches by the Academy. Not having blistering pace is one of Michaels few weaknesses, however he has always been able to be patient and play the long game with his footballing outlook, we often talked of the late development of central defenders, and Matt Elliott was an example often quoted.
    Good luck to the man.
  • Options
    apparently everton sniffing as well but i reckon that might be just in case lescott goes to man city or (not sure if he's recovered) if jagielka isn't fully recovered
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: seth plum[/cite]Michael Turner is an ace bloke from my memory of him, no fool, a Tottenham fan as a youngster, and as a youngster one of the best footballers of his generation. At Crown Woods School Michaels team won the All-london, and Blackheath Cup (a decent competition) for three successive years all with Michael as captain, until Michael was not allowed to play school matches by the Academy. Not having blistering pace is one of Michaels few weaknesses, however he has always been able to be patient and play the long game with his footballing outlook, we often talked of the late development of central defenders, and Matt Elliott was an example often quoted.
    Good luck to the man.
    Primus and Richard Gough before them. Shittu, too. Funny that all our worst releases have been centre backs.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]
    Primus and Richard Gough before them. Shittu, too. Funny that all our worst releases have been centre backs.

Not really CB is prob the hardest position to blood youngsters, esp back then there weren't quite as many youngsters loaned out

To grow they need first team football and have had to leave because of this, its a dammed if you do dammed if you do dammed if you don't scenario
  • Options
    Once in a pre season at welling he was down defending a corner and a mate asked me who he was , said I didn't know so shouted to him "ere mate , who are you?"

Gave me a proper daggers look
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Henners- If it was a serious question, it was definitely Parky who signed him.
  • Options
    I'll say it now - keep hold of Mambo!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Heath Hero[/cite]Do we have a sell on-sell on-sell on-sell-on clause?

Yes we do.

I'll believe it when I see it on the OS
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]I'll say it now - keep hold of Mambo!!!

We will, in some ways he's lucky because he's coming through while we're a League One club. Exactly where Turner and Shittu started gaining their experience of regular football.

Pretty sure he'll be the next youngster to make his debut.
  • Options
    Andrew Mills take a bow...LOL
  • Options
    Exclusive: Addicks set for Turner cash boost

Monday, 27 July 2009

By Richard Cawley

CHARLTON are set for a welcome cash boost if their former defender Michael Turner leaves Hull - as they are due a percentage of any future transfer.

The Addicks had the clause inserted when the Lewisham-born defender joined Brentford in 2004. And Andy Mills, formerly general manager at The Valley, managed to get a similar sell-on when he moved to Hull in 2006 - ironically to become Phil Parkinson's first signing for the Tigers.

Brentford are also entitled to a slice of any future fee, meaning Hull are likely to seek to renegotiate with both clubs before considering allowing Turner to leave.

The 25-year-old is being linked with a £9million move - Tottenham, Liverpool and Fulham all mooted as admirers.
  • Options
    If that is true then we must have waived all or part of the sell on clause due from Brentford when he left there. Meaning we thought he would eventually move on for a great deal more and we put a small immediate gain aside in the hope of more down the road..
  • Options
    Good news.
  • Options
    so he'll go on a free in a couple of years.....
    i remember lee bowyer was supposed to be joining liverpool for £9m from leeds and we were due a payout b4 that all went tits up