Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Barnet away match thread

Comments

• Options
    Thanks Suzi. Much appreciated. Enjoy the drinkies.

Valley, Floyd Road,
    The mist rolling in from the Thames,
    My desire is always to be found at
    Valley, Floyd Road.

Many miles have I travelled,
    Many games have I seen,
    Following Charlton my favourite team.
    Many hours have I spent in the covered end choir,
    Singing Valley, Floyd Road,
    My only desire.

Valley, Floyd Road,
    The mist rolling in from the Thames,
    My desire is always to be found at
    Valley, Floyd Road.
  • Options
    Not a shambles. Just the kids. Alright day out. Not the end of world. Saw keith peacock. Nick davies and kins doing after match talk. Took pic but can't upload.
  • Options
    its only our youf lets not be to harsh. Barnet boys did draw with Arsenal youth the other week so seeing as we are only a div above Barnet and it s our youf i think we can be excused slightly still not a happy man atm. However good pre season for Barnet, if we dont go up will be playing them next season. Based on this performance dont look like we will be going anywere.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    would have liked to see strong team go out and build confidence, can't see much confidence building against Ipswich next week.
  • Options
    We won't get Mr Philip Parkinsons comments after the match....which is nice.
  • Options
    Sounded like quiet a good day out.

Hey last season we won all preseason games bar Real Betis and then come league time we were awful. This season bar the Irish tour Preseason has been disapointing maybe this means we will have a good proper season rather than doing really well in preseason and rubbish in league.

Fingers crossed
  • Options
    Can't upload either. Was mostly Barnet's men against our kids. Can't read too much into it, but there wasn't much of a bite to the team. Hey-ho, nice afternoon out and good to see people.

Safely on way home - oops, here comes the Tube tunn-...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]Sounded like quiet a good day out.

Hey last season we won all preseason games bar Real Betis and then come league time we were awful. This season bar the Irish tour Preseason has been disapointing maybe this means we will have a good proper season rather than doing really well in preseason and rubbish in league.

Fingers crossed

We can but hope!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]Not a shambles. Just the kids. Alright day out. Not the end of world. Saw keith peacock. Nick davies and kins doing after match talk. Took pic but can't upload.[/quote]

Do we have much else?
  • Options
    Small played again so we must be seriously considering him, or at least rate him a lot higher than the other trialists. No surprise there really considering he was in the Championship last year and the rest are lower league players (or one that didn't play in the case of O'Leary).

Was he any good? How does he look in comparison to Sam?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    was an awful performance. Fleetwood was terrible and that left back needs to be released!

also was a shambles before the game, noone was leading the warm up/ training session. looked embarassing.
  • Options
    If this is the case perhaps the club should accept the bid for Fleetwood from Exeter.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite]Can't upload either. Was mostly Barnet's men against our kids. Can't read too much into it, but there wasn't much of a bite to the team. Hey-ho, nice afternoon out and good to see people.

whatinspector sands said. Saw loads of celtic fans singing in tralfhalgar sq which was fun.
  • Options
    Waste oftime effort and money but good few beers

seen better footy down bourne road

no fight heart etc in fact poo

cannot see point of game

we is doomed
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mike[/cite]was an awful performance. Fleetwood was terrible and that left back needs to be released!

also was a shambles before the game, noone was leading the warm up/ training session. looked embarassing.

Funny because people keep saying Jack Clark has done well, fans as well as people at the club themselves.

What was he like today? Whenever I've seen him I've thought he's been ok at best, in comparison to Solly on the right who looks solid and useful going forward.
  • Options
    Wonder what first team squad doing today

guess same poor teamfor next week

so when the big boys coming out to play

as little time left before season starts

Ipswich be half heart effortthen one game prior

to season start.
  • Options
    clark got done a few times and didnt convince. Solly was far more assured.

Bit early to be talking of binning him. He has youga and basey in front of him so not as if he has to be 100 % ready yet.

Davidson did well when he came on and we looked a slightly better side in the 2nd when we tried to move the ball around
  • Options
    A good day out, ruined by 90 minutes of absolute dross.

We were completely cluless and utter sh*t.

Is Mike Flanagan still connected to the club? He walked past us in the 2nd half.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite]Can't upload either. Was mostly Barnet's men against our kids. Can't read too much into it, but there wasn't much of a bite to the team. Hey-ho, nice afternoon out and good to see people.

whatinspector sands said. Saw loads of celtic fans singing in tralfhalgar sq which was fun.

Yep shouldn't have worn my Rangers shirt (couldn't help it - the new Charlton shirt isn't out yet !) so got a bucket load of abuse at Euston ! Terrible game but got to speak to alot of people who don't use CL about the Trust so was good for something !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DaveMehmet[/cite]

Is Mike Flanagan still connected to the club? He walked past us in the 2nd half.

He's still got it then, Dave.
    When was the last time one of our current strikers went past anyone? ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    deserved to lose. 2nd best all over the park.
  • Options
    from what i saw, and given my extensive bar research this was not a great deal, we had very little bar a second half spell

huge disappointment, men against boys (literally, forwards excepted - which was f****** worrying)
  • Options
    Was a lovely day, met a few Lifers and had my first taste of real ale. Football wasn't great but thought Solly looked ok, as did Davisson when he came on. I'm even more worried about our striking options after this game though and think we need two good strikers at least to come in. Highlights were singing we all dream of a team of Gary Breen's to Gary Breen's face and the bar. Lowlight was Wade Small upsetting a couple of mates (I can confirm he is not a Charlton fan, contrary to what the SLP said).
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]Highlights were singing we all dream of a team of Gary Breen's to Gary Breen's face and the bar.

hahaha
  • Options
    Having read through the thread, nobody has mentioned Kins 'Phil Brownesque' bollocking that he delivered to the team after the game, on the pitch. He certainly made a point of chewing quite a few of the players out and i'm suprised nobody else has mentioned it. He was not a happy chappy. I would also add that i wouldn't mind signing that Albert Adomah who we've been linked with in the past.
  • Options
    i would have mentioned it had i not already been in the bar ;-)
  • Options
    I took a pic of that telling off
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]Having read through the thread, nobody has mentioned Kins 'Phil Brownesque' bollocking that he delivered to the team after the game, on the pitch. He certainly made a point of chewing quite a few of the players out and i'm suprised nobody else has mentioned it. He was not a happy chappy. I would also add that i wouldn't mind signing that Albert Adomah who we've been linked with in the past.

Is public humiliation now a part of our coaching techniques? I think we should be told.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    To be honest i think it was more a case of the fact that at least 5 of that team yesterday will be pushing for a start or at least a place on the bench, and i think Kins was probably upset that a few of them didn't do enough to show they were hungry for a first team place.
  • Options
    Wasn't very 'public' - only a few hundred there altogether.

I had hopes for Fleets, but he was dreadful- must've learned from the Marcus Bent school of moaning. Izale looked the better (?!) bet. Davisson impressed in his cameo. Spring the midfield 'brains' 2nd half, did OK but is clearly a Keith Jones/sideways disciple! Small looked OK early on, but a couple of rungs below Sam on the ability ladder. Mambo good again, but Youga not (is he growing his hair again?)
    Matching wrist-casts for Mambo/Izale ?!

As well as enforcing the long trek around the 'stadium' to get in, cheeky beggars were charging £3 for a programme 'special double issue also including 1st home game v Southend'!! Fortunately the PA man gave clear team and substitute announcements :-)