Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Please help Protect the Racecourse Ground,Wrexham

Comments

• Options
    Brilliant response from the Addicks fans !

BIG Thanks from all Wrexham fans. Were still on the trail for 10,500 names, one for every seat in the ground, the reduced capacity while the kop end has been closed for the student flats development.

We are closing in on 5,000. Thanks to your terrrific response.
  • Options
    Done and good luck.
  • Options
    Done, all the best
  • Options
    yup. signed.

good luck lads.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Cae Ras[/cite]Brilliant response from the Addicks fans !

BIG Thanks from all Wrexham fans. Were still on the trail for 10,500 names, one for every seat in the ground, the reduced capacity while the kop end has been closed for the student flats development.

We are closing in on 5,000. Thanks to your terrrific response.

when times get tough for fans we all need to stick together
  • Options
    Signed - best wishes.
  • Options
    Just a quick update to let you all know we have reached our 5000th signature today and very nearly halfway to our eventual target of 10,500.

The club owners have, after nearly one month, still made no public comment. We are receiving loads of media coverage and continue to focus our efforts on lobbying the Wrexham Borough councillors.

Thanks once again to all the Addicks fans for your fantastic encouragement and support
  • Options
    Well done, Cae Ras and all you Wrexham people!

Keep your campaign in the media spotlight, public awareness can be an influential and powerful tool.

Good luck!
  • Options
    signed
    good luck
  • Options
    Signed
    Good luck
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Burro good shop that. Used to go in my youth before shell suits and pizza became my life.
  • Options
    5017. Peter Beardsley
    I heard about this petition from a member at a Newcastle United forum and wanted to lend my support

We haven't even got an ex captain of Wales to sign it yet, brilliant to see this ex England captain and magnificent fans footballer's footballer sign our petition.

What a player he was.
  • Options
    Top fella.

BTW, Palace or Spanners helping you out Cae ?
  • Options
    Done.
  • Options
    Need a Wales captain ?

Charlton have had 2 Wales ex-captains in the last 40 years:

Mark Aizlewood and Graham Moore.

Moore was one of Charlton manager Theo Foley's Charlton skippers, so maybe Theo's still in touch.....?
    And Theo's still heavily involved with Charlton, of course.
  • Options
    Thanks to all the Addicks fans who have helped with our petition !

We havent had any Palace or spanners on there yet.

Palace is a good one and may love to sign it, as under the yound Terry venables in his first season in mangement, they got a famous last minute win at the Racecourse to get themselves promoted instead of Wxm- 1976.

Mark Aizlewood and graham moore would be great names to sign the petition if anyone knows how to reach them?

Cheers everyone. You've been brilliant.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Cae Ras[/cite]
    Mark Aizlewood and graham moore would be great names to sign the petition if anyone knows how to reach them?

Cheers everyone. You've been brilliant.

If you do manage to reach Aizlweood, tell him he's a w**ker from me would you!
  • Options
    Good luck Wrexham. At CAFC we know all about the emotional history attached to football grounds.
  • Options
    signed.....and what Paddy7 said
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]Top fella.

BTW, Palace or Spanners helping you out Cae ?

I don't think Millwall supporters signing will help the cause :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sorry to quote my own quote. Obviously supporting Charlton sends you barmy ......
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Need a Wales captain ?

Charlton have had 2 Wales ex-captains in the last 40 years:

Mark Aizlewood and Graham Moore.

Moore was one of Charlton manager Theo Foley's Charlton skippers, so maybe Theo's still in touch.....?
    And Theo's still heavily involved with Charlton, of course.

If Theo Foley is doing hospitality stuff at tomorrow's match at The Valley, maybe somebody will see him and have a word about ex-Charlton and Wales skipper Graham Moore ..... ?

Cheers!
  • Options
    Thanks Oggy red, your support has been great for us. Much appreciated !
  • Options
    The Racecourse Ground...what a dump. I went there the match after Wrexham beat Arsenal in the cup back in the early 90s, one side of the ground was closed, possibly condemned or was of no architectural merit. It rained and the game - I think Wrexham played Blackpool - was dire.

I've signed...whatever, there's no place like home.
  • Options
    Thanks for signing BlackForest Reds
    Sorry your memories arent as fond as others.

That closed side of the ground you mention has been replaced about 3 years ago with a new stand. Unfortunately now the Kop end terracing has been closed. Architectural merit is a difficult thing to judge in football stadia, which are not generally listed by english heritage as buildings of national imporatnce and as you say theres no place like home. That is in essence the sign of a happy community. It sure does rain a lot in wales, although the grass is very green and mountain air fantastic around snowdonia.

In terms of history of a packed racecourse, here is an interesting video 1946

http://www.britishpathe.com/record.php?id=26723
  • Options
    Signed. Good luck
  • Options
    Good stuff Cae Ras, That's the stand I mentioned in my earlier post-at the very beginning of the film. I take it that also had no architectural merit, or was it a Health & Safety hazard?
  • Options

In terms of history of a packed racecourse, here is an interesting video 1946

http://www.britishpathe.com/record.php?id=26723

That Scotland goal was never a Pen :-)
  • Options
    March51
    I think the balcony stand that used to sit on top of the kop was actually seating taken from the local hippodrome/cinema. Pretty sure it would have failed Health & Safety as it got older and Health & Safety ebcame more stringent.

Imnot Athletic - yep! and a bit like Joe Jordan's blatant handball goal for Scotland againts Wales at Anfield. His was even more blatant than Maradonas
  • Options
    Signed and Good Luck.
  • Options
    Thanks to all you Addicks who continue to show such tremendous support to us up here at the Racecourse !