Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Please help Protect the Racecourse Ground,Wrexham

Comments

• Options
    I will sign if you say you love England (not mike) and agree the English hating welsh are misguided numpties?
  • Options
    Update Numbers wise please ?
  • Options
    The Addicks support has been brill,

Miserableold-ish git - Our numbers are now 5,403 and continue to climb each day.
    Hi Steve Dowman didn't you use to play centre half for us mid 1980s ?

We had this superb comment from CC
    "The historic Racecourse Ground should be preserved for the local community and the football community in general, just as our (Charlton Athletic) local authority preserved the Valley - such stadiums are priceless"

Thanks everyone!
  • Options
    A hungover March Jr. just wandered in: 2 paracetamol= 1 signature.
  • Options
    why is this thread not on a sticky, it would attract a few more signatures
  • Options
    And if Saints and Palace posters are happy to post on here, then it's a condition that they sign Wrexham's petition.

;o)
  • Options
    ellisaddick - it would be fantastic if this thread could be made a sticky, though have not asked and would be great if this could be suggested to an administrator by a charlton fan and regular poster!

Oggy Red - we have had quite a few palace fans sign the petition, though hardly any saints!
  • Options
    Hi Cae Res, so pleased for you that your petition to save your ground is gaining momentum!
    We're willing you on, it's a protest for Wrexham ..... but also for non-Premiershit football in this country as we know it.

Good to hear even Palace fans are with you :o)

They know themselves they could be next in line to have to try and save their own ground.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Hi Oggy Red

It's amazing how many people up and down the country identify with this cause. Your support is great. The Chief Planning officer of the Wrexham Borough Council is making all the right noises in the media and press though ultimately its his recommendation that will be passed onto the Executive Board of 10 councillors before it is rubber stamped by the Welsh Assembly gorvernment. Now this petition has raised significant public awareness, and this is ongoing, it will be very difficult for the inspector at the Public Inquiry not to agree this to be a matter to be heard at the inquiry.
  • Options
    Cheers Cae Ras ........keep the public awareness in the spotlight.

I don't know about the telly watching glory hunting 'plastics' who, erm ...... 'support' ? the 'Sky 4' teams, and have never seen 'their' team play live - but all true football supporters are rooting for you.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's been great in particular seeing some of the fantastic comments from Charlton fans on the petition. Yours is a great example to us and we hope our local councillors will think outside the box and recognise how unique their own football heritage is.
  • Options
    As you know, the political lobbying is the important thing. Sadly, perhaps, you had all-out elections last year so aside from any byelections there'll be no local elections until 2012. I know that you want to get it sorted peacefully but it never hurts to have the threat up your sleeve. Looking at the council website you seem to have a bizarre selection of Independent groups so good luck making your way through that lot. Presumably you are getting some planning advice for when the Assembly look at the LDF (is that how it works?) Does it go in front of an Inspector as well, because they often take little notice of petitions and spend more time looking at 'soundness'. Your politicians let you down in not monitoring the S106 conditions but you know that now.

Any, am signing, would love to get a one line update from time to time as this is going to happen to more and more clubs.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone !

Brentford Addick - Am meeting a very good man at political lobbying Dave Boyle CEO of Supporters Direct. We have had some councillors come forward independently, some our true wrexham fans and some sense this is an important issue with public awareness and want to be seen to be onside. We have a barrister on side with good knwoledge of planning law if necessary. We are also encouraging individuals to write to the chief planning officer and request their letter to be part of the submissions included in the LDP. The LDP at wrexham council works as follows. Round 1 Chief Planning Officer makes his recommendations to the Planning Policy Panel. Round 2 The PPP of 20 councillors make their decision and recommendations. Round 3 this is then passed on to the "Executive Board" at the Council, 10 councillors who make the final decision before passing it on to the Welsh Assembly. Round 4 welsh assembly appoints planning inspector through the planning inspectorate for wales, and also pass it for review to their responsible authorities for consultation. A public inquiry is then heard, Round 5 final decision. It's a long process !

Thanks for signing and will be very happy to keep you updated.
  • Options
    Signed - over 5000 signatures to date.

Good luck Cae and the rest of the Wrexham fans, the Racecourse is a great old ground. Never been but for me it brings back memories of the old home internationals of the 70s and 80s when they used to be shared with Ninian Park.
  • Options
    Just read this for the first time good luck with everything Wrexham
  • Options

We're closing in on our next target of 6,000 names and thanks to all the Charlton fans for their brilliant support.
  • Options
    hope you dont mind this being bumped.

"fans united" needs your valuable support to protect these grounds and the future of these lower league clubs.
  • Options
    Cae Ras...I don't know how much you know about our fight to get back to the Valley. One thing we did, which you guys might like to think about emulating, is forming your own political party and fighting in the next Wrexham borough/local elections. The Valley Party stood in all wards (except a couple where the sitting councillor promised to support our return to the Valley). We didn't win any seats - but that wasn't the point, the votes, the publicity etc firmly put our return on the agenda.

Others here (who were involved) might be able to point you in the direction and offer advice on organisation etc but it worked for us, it could for you. At any rate the threat might make a few councillors support your cause who aren't otherwise bothered.
  • Options
    BlackForestReds - the Charlton fans have been superb and feel like we have struck gold - have a few charlton fan who are mates and have some knowledge of your history and actually my residential HQ is in greenwich, so am not too far from the valley!

we have a petition campaign team and will relay your helpful advice to them. we have one person in particular who will think your suggestion is magnificent.

cheers
  • Options
    Thanks to all the Addicks who have rallied round so brilliantly and added their name to the petition.

This is the last bump from me and the last bump from him !

for your info the petition now stands at 5,794 and we continue our quest to reach 10,500 - one name for every seat in the current reduced capacity.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Signed your up to 5800 now.
  • Options
    Signed, and I really hope this is not in vain.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    PaddyP17 & Covered End - Thanks for your support.

Oggy Red & BlackForestReds - Just to let you know in light of your support , advice and encouragement , we have written to the owner of Wrexham Football Club and provided the inspiring case history of Charlton Athletic and the Valley and your opposition to Greenwich Council. You were lightyears ahead !
  • Options
    congratulations on your fine win today!

we just need 19 more people to sign the petition to reach 6,000! and before cinderella heads off home

Thanks to all you Addicks...
  • Options
    cae

you are doing a stirling job fronting this and i really do hope you succeed
  • Options
    nth london addick, thanks for your support.
  • Options
    Got Mrs TCE to sign it earlier, no wonder I'm still waiting for my dinner :(
  • Options
    Signed, Good Luck with your cause.
  • Options
    Signed 6027
  • Options
    Thanks everyone

weve had fantastic support from Charlton fans

it means alot and is much appreciated.