Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Please help Protect the Racecourse Ground,Wrexham

Comments

• Options
    7,347 now !
  • Options
    no 7348 done keep going m8
  • Options
    Sign me up Cae Ras happy to help smaller clubs who need it.
  • Options
    7,595!

Thanks Ru1986
  • Options
    finally clicked on this to see what it was all about...

if you read this and haven't signed up yet... just do it - it is quick and easy

we know what it is like to have your stadium under threat eh!
  • Options
    Thanks PhoenixSiv

Petition is now up to 7,681
  • Options
    signed........good luck CAe Ras
  • Options
    7,719 ! close to 8,000 now. Thanks to revellnit and all the Addicks for your fantastic ongoing support.
  • Options
    7,892 !

Was great to see our ex star striker from the 70's Billy Ashcroft sign the petition yesterday. Billy played his last match for Wrexham at the Valley, in I think a League cup 2nd round game before leaving for Middlesborough. I only know that after finding the old Charlton v Wrexham programme in Spittalfields market.

Thanks for your support.
  • Options
    Signed. All the best Cae Ras
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

We need just 14 more signatures to reach 8,000 !
  • Options
    8,184 !

Thanks Amos on the Wing.

We have had hundreds of signatures from Charlton fans. That show of support is a real tribute to your fans.
  • Options
    Ryan Reynolds and another Hollywood actor Rob McElhenney are now officially co owners of Wrexham

Reynolds has already spoken recently about a documentary for Wrexham, wonder who will will take that lol Netflix or Amazon 
  • Options
    They must be pinching themselves.

Fair play to them ❤️
  • Options
    Always beat Chester!

I love that.

G’wan Wrexham 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
  • Options
    Fantastic. Rob McElhenney owning a Welsh football club is a comedy series just waiting to be written
  • Options
    Bizarre.

Big question is, why???
  • Options
    Apparently signing a deal with amazon or Netflix or one of them to do a documentary. The money they get for doing it to be reinvested in the club to help growth 
  • Options
    I have a couple of mates from Wrexham and the stuff they've been through in the last ten years has been terrible.

Usual stuff, fake investors, dodgy business men, ground at risk etc.

They've supported them through all this and seen plenty of conference grounds on their day trips.

Last season they were flirting with relegation and my mates were looking forward to some new grounds in the conference north such is their humour.  

Good luck to them and hopefully good times ahead. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2020
    An accident waiting to happen.

It will all end in tears.
  • Options

I agree. What do they know about running a football club. Just saying they want to make Wrexham a global force is enough to make people think it’s gonna go tits up. For all TS’s money and commitment and optimism I don’t think Charlton can be a global force even with our large fan base.
    I suppose we should just wait and see what happens but I think for Wrexham 
    it wont pan out that well. I hope I’m wrong tho.
  • Options
    It’s Always Sunny is the greatest comedy in the history of television.
  • Options
    Acab said:

I agree. What do they know about running a football club. Just saying they want to make Wrexham a global force is enough to make people think it’s gonna go tits up. For all TS’s money and commitment and optimism I don’t think Charlton can be a global force even with our large fan base.
    I suspect they won't do too much of the actual running of the club save on camera.  They were talking about £2,000,000 investment on the news last night.  If that's used wisely it should secure the club's future for a while.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Acab said:

That’s not what they’ve said in their mission statement, which I thought was very well written and respectful of Wrexham’s history. 
  • Options
    Why Wrexham?
  • Options
    Good luck to them but not sure how they are going to turn Wrexham into a "global force" by investing £2m. £2m will get you out the National League and competing for promotion from League 2.
  • Options
    Where are people getting this ‘Global Force’ from?

It mentions Global appeal in the mission statement, but not force.
  • Options
    Where are people getting this ‘Global Force’ from?

It mentions Global appeal in the mission statement, but not force.
    BBC news this morning, "global force" and the £2m were both mentioned.
  • Options
    I’d like to know what @Cae Ras thinks about it all?

There’s more than a few who find it bizarre that they’ve ‘handed’ the club over to them.

I really hope this works out well for them 🙏🏻