Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Hereford - Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Yes we need to rest players
    yes we have injuries
    yes we have a small squad
    and yes its soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo naffing boring being dumped out of a cup at an infant stage by a team in a lower league.

The worst cup team bar none ---fact.

True, but one year it might be ours.

Without hardships along the way, life's greatest moments wouldn't feel nearly as great.
  • Options
    was shelvey,racon,bailey no they feckin weren't next point please !!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    To be honest the League Cup has always been a bit of a waste of time for us even though it is a competition I have always felt that we could do well in- even in the Premier we were crap in it despite lots of big guns fielding below par sides.
    We probably always knew that the side we put out would be weakened from saturday owing to the injuries picked up and the fact that some of the players would have to be rested. So we put out a reserve side and lost to lower opposition- not the end of the world but somehow the defeat still hurts and I am pissed off, it would have been lovely to put a nice little run together and patch up our fragile confidence! Here's hoping we stuff Hartlepool to make up for it.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    The fuse is well and truly lit.
    I expect Parkinson and the board to get some serious flak in the coming days/weeks unless they pull something pretty spectacular out of that bag they've been guarding so bluddy closely.And they better do it pretty F******* quickly!
  • Options
    True lossing can be a good thing ------------------its just so f**king strange why the good teams dont try it !!!!!!
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Am I the only one who feels that the repeat of last season started 20 mins from the end of the Wycombe game, and is now embedded, we shall see at Hartlepool , my money is on throwing away a lead there.....and to think I have been mug enough to get a couple of Orient tickets...sheesh.
    What will parkinson say? ' unlucky with the penalty, a good run out for the youngsters, concentrating on the paint trophy, an 'indifferent' performance, 'I'll get Waggott to say we're dedicating the 90 minute draw at Hereford to the Charlton seat wipers'....what Parkinson should say is the fans who schlepped up here were let down big time, the players are abject and apologise to every one of them, and collectively they will have a whip round and give each one 30 quid to try to compensate for our defeat.....or something like that....!!
    Effing fed up.
  • Options
    If Parkie had no intention of going for a win let fans know before they take days off of work and spend their hard earnt money going to watch that.............bang out of order, regardless who plays, you should still make a fight of it, Hereford were no league a few seasons ago
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]was shelvey,racon,bailey no they feckin weren't next point please !!!!!!!!![/quote]

What if Racon & Shelvey had played today and got injured....It is anoyying to get knocked out of all these cup games but at the end of the day with a small squad Parky did the right thing and the same thing most fans would probably have done. I can't see today's result having much impact on the confidence of the players except Gray and Mcleod but then they are both pony anyway so who cares.
  • Options
    We were unbeaten in this cup under dowie.
  • Options
    Words escape me.....................................????????????????????????????
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]If Parkie had no intention of going for a win let fans know before they take days off of work and spend their hard earnt money going to watch that.............bang out of order, regardless who plays, you should still make a fight of it, Hereford were no league a few seasons ago[/quote]

"a few seasons ago" is irrelevant tbh, we are now one div above them and had our second team out. Think it is a bit unfair to say we did not go for the win, as i read it we had chances (not least the pen) which may have won it, can you really say we did not make a fight of it when I assume you were not there...let's wait to hear what people at the game think at least...
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: valleyman[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]was shelvey,racon,bailey no they feckin weren't next point please !!!!!!!!![/quote]

What if Racon & Shelvey had played today and got injured....It is anoyying to get knocked out of all these cup games but at the end of the day with a small squad Parky did the right thing and the same thing most fans would probably have done. I can't see today's result having much impact on the confidence of the players except Gray and Mcleod but then they are both pony anyway so who cares.[/quote]

total crap,what if what if what if.It's the second game of the season.What if we drew Spurs at home in the next round or Man City,what if what if what if.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: seth plum[/cite]Am I the only one who feels that the repeat of last season started 20 mins from the end of the Wycombe game, and is now embedded, we shall see at Hartlepool , my money is on throwing away a lead there.

Seth, you're like the little voice nagging away at the back of my mind.
    I'm trying to ignore you for now. ;-)
  • Options
    we can't afford to rest players anymore we aint good enough for christ sake.
  • Options
    I care, first ever defeat to Hereford (and good luck to them by the way), as I sit at home writing this over 300 Addicks are facing trying to get home, and probably not getting any sleep until 3am....sorry, I know I wasn't there but only listened to the commentary, but the result was we lost....not good enough, it was supposed to be a competitive match, not a behind closed doors friendly.
  • Options
    totally agree seth
  • Options
    We can't afford NOT to rest players in a shite cup that no one cares about and we never had a chance of winning.
  • Options
    i care too where turning into a club who just make up the numbersin everything,league and cup ,wheres the ambition,we have none,parkys shit proves our reserves are shit,we have no strikers,an asshole manager ,now we going to have to listen to his waffle of why we lost,itsnot good enough and its gonna be the same for the whole season i think
  • Options
    1 league game and we have an injury crisis!

That's not good
  • Options
    so why enter it,seriously why feckin enter it if you are not going to take it seriously.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    once again i find myself saying, we can now concentrate on the league.............zzzzzzzz
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]we can't afford to rest players anymore we aint good enough for christ sake.

and we equally could not afford to play the same players consistently 3 times within 7 days for the next 6 weeks.

We went out tonight because we had two strikers who could not score.

It is not the end of the world, it is now a secondary competition, which is why most of the attendances tonight were around the 3k mark.
  • Options
    When I see people writing stuff about how it's good that we're out so we can concentrate on the league, or trying to suggest that losing only 1-0 in extra time isn't so bad, I begin to think that maybe Nick Gray had got a good point about the complacency of many Charlton fans. I'm with Seth on this: we lost, it's not good enough. The game against Wycombe suggested to me that, despite dropping a division, we have not solved any of our problems dodgy defence and a total lack of strikers who can score. Oh, if Dickson hadn't been off with Ghana he might have scored...Oh do me a favour. None of them can score - not even penalties. And if we don't get someone who can, we will not stand a chance of getting promoted.
  • Options
    valleyman said "What a shame Dickson was off with Ghana, I shuld think he would have played tonight and who knows..."

all charltons players are at their best when they aren't playing ..... when they are playing utter tosh
  • Options
    Valleyman are you Parkie
  • Options
    same old same old same old what will the excuse be on saturday night.We as a club have not won 2 consecutive competitive games for over a season and a half christ almighty as curbs used to say confidence breeds results and results breed confidence it aint rocket sicence.Are you saying that if we had played the rested players tonight we would have lost saturday.Do you think Orient made 8 changes do you think Hartlepool will make 8 changes.Whether you like it or not we are on par with them and the sooner people face the fact the sooner we might start playing and fighting like a team.And if the reason we didn't win is because the the shite that i told everyone were shite when we signed them didnt score and i got pelters for saying it,well forgive me for laughing my arse off.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    On my way back from the game. Not a happy bunny. Luckily I had family up there so could at least not view it as a wasted trip as I saw them but we had a passionless performance, by utter donkeys. I know gray hasn't played much but if he, on his £12,000 a week can't score against a team a league below us, he won't against anyone. spring was shocking too. Free kick halfway in their half with 10 mins left. What happens? Goes straight out. Also the academy boys.Solly had a shocker, turned inside out all game; stavros in midfield looks too small and isn't even good enough on the ball to excuse that; even basey and youga (who i would expect to have a clue from their experience) were out of position most of the game. End of the day we're not good enough. Yes it was a reserve team but these boys will play when injuries come and frankly I worry when it happens. Couldn't they have put us out of our misery in normal time????!!!!
  • Options
    Saturday can't come quick enough for me.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]we can't afford to rest players anymore we aint good enough for christ sake.

and we equally could not afford to play the same players consistently 3 times within 7 days for the next 6 weeks.

We went out tonight because we had two strikers who could not score.

It is not the end of the world, it is now a secondary competition, which is why most of the attendances tonight were around the 3k mark.

Maybe not the end of the world; but a missed opportunity to get into the winning habit.
    Second string or not it seems for a lot of fans that it was back to square one again.
    Worryingly lacking strength in depth, it sends a shiver thinking what if Bailey/Racon/Shelvey are snapped up

The striker problem is the single most crucial problem for Parkinson to solve in the next 2 weeks IMO.
  • Options
    allez....respect to you for going, and thanks for your views, which are at odds with the commentators on the wireless (they said Solly was good), thank you for posting and have a safe journey.