Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

David vs Goliath

Is anyone else getting excited about this? i predict a 8th round stop in favour of haye. I reckon he is too quick abd fit for that lump.

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: carlsberg[/cite]Is anyone else getting excited about this? i predict a 8th round stop in favour of haye. I reckon he is too quick abd fit for that lump.
    I agree fingers crossed Haye will destroy him though!
  • Options
    Haye will either stop him anytime in the 10/11/12 round or win on points.....personally I favour points, he'll be to quick for him.
  • Options
    I can't believe how busy he appears to be promoting the fight, he seems to be popping up everywhere at the moment.

I don't know anything about his opponent, other than he is an absolute giant, but surely Haye should be concentrating more on training, rather than promoting the fight everywhere.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    love the fact they got danny watts in to help him spare as danny is huge,I met him on holiday 3 years ago,what a top top bloke,one hell of a laugh.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I take it there's a few of us seeking sanctary from the X factor.
  • Options
    was watts a postman once steve? boxed on same shows as me.
  • Options
    All I know about Valuev is that he's very hard to beat - surprisingly can go the distance even with that bulk

I am so tempted to watch but it's a lot of money for a sport I dont really follow
  • Options
    Not really into Heavyweight division but this i cant wait for. An Englishman fighting a freak. Novelty factor alone is worth £15.

Im going Haye on points.
  • Options
    I hope the Millwall scummer gets beaten up bad...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yep cant wait hopefully haye batters him he is a man mountain though should be a good fight.
  • Options
    The whole thing has been handled like the WWE. If Haye turns up in a mask and ends up losing when Valuev distracts the ref and his cornerman lays Hay out with a STEEL CHAIR, I'd not be surprised. Boxing slides further into the murk.

Maybe a bit more training rather than doing the same unfunny schtik on Soccer AM every week might be good for him.

David-Haye-001.jpg
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]I hope the Millwall scummer gets beaten up bad...

I can sense a boiling resentment for a walk home from the O2 in that statement.
  • Options
    was a arsenal fan as a youth i was told.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]was a arsenal fan as a youth i was told.

The Millwall thing probably rose from something he said before he fought Maccarenelli (who is finished now unfortunately) or him being from Bermondsey. Enzo said something about wanting to bash Haye up for all the jacks that were in town anyway (Enzo being a Swansea fan) for the Millwall game and Haye saying he was going to knock maccarinelli out for all the Millwall fans thereby winning for Millwall over Swansea two times over.

Or something like that. I know there was a LOT of unhappy drunk Welsh mincing out of Greenwich that night
  • Options
    If Hayes wins it ll be on points. Valuev might not be quick but he can take punches.

Holyfield beat him in every single round and somehow magically lost.
  • Options
    Is it likely to be available to watch online at all ?
  • Options
    Try justin.tv on the night
  • Options
    Hayes to be KO within the first 5 rounds
  • Options
    From press conference:

Q: How do you plan to beat him?

A: I plan to hit him. As hard as possible. As many times as possible.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Certainly don't think this will be the fight everyone is cracking it up to be.

Haye is small for a normal heavyweight these days, let alone against this freak show. In my opinion he has no chance of knocking him out whatsoever. His only chance is to fight very carefully, make sure he doesn't take any clean blows, and use his speed to land some point winning combinations then get back out as quick as possible. The Russian is quite cumbersome, but has good stamina for a man his size.

I think Haye is a very good boxer who is sadly caught between weights, and the fact he wants to go down the Audley route of being all-controlling in every aspect, rather than just get his head down and concentrate on the boxing will only have a negative impact on his eventual career.
  • Options
    Talking of small heavyweights...

;-)
  • Options
    the problem is as haye has said, fighting in Germany means he has to stay in close to him as they don't score well for people dancing about over there.
  • Options
    one thing haye dont do is dance.
  • Options
    that's what i mean nolly. that's why I'm so excited about watching this fight. i hope the big meat head tries to knock hayes head off. because haye is too quick a counter puncher to possibly lose...... i reckon......i hope.
  • Options
    really excited by this fight,hayes known lack of stamina makes it a real close one for me,hayes going to have pick at him with combos of left right hooks,will be hostile over there.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: carlsberg[/cite]that's what i mean nolly. that's why I'm so excited about watching this fight. i hope the big meat head tries to knock hayes head off. because haye is too quick a counter puncher to possibly lose...... i reckon......i hope.

Haye is chinny though so if he does catch him.....
  • Options
    general myth,only puncher carl thompson koed him after he ran out of gas,thats he problem he runs out of gas cos he puts so much in.
  • Options
    Just seen them together on SKY...Haye didn't look so cocky standing face to face just a few inches away from this giant. Valuev looks like a throwback to a time forgotten! Can't see it going the distance nor see Hayes winning.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: carlsberg[/cite]that's what i mean nolly. that's why I'm so excited about watching this fight. i hope the big meat head tries to knock hayes head off. because haye is too quick a counter puncher to possibly lose...... i reckon......i hope.

Haye is chinny though so if he does catch him.....
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]general myth,only puncher carl thompson koed him after he ran out of gas,thats he problem he runs out of gas cos he puts so much in.

Remember watching the Carl Thompson fight. Respect to Haye for taking it at the time. Haye was virtually unknown and Thompson was an established pro. Wasn't it an IBO title fight?.

Haye smashed Thompson to pieces for 2 rounds, got caught with a massive right hand at the end of the 3rd, struggled through the 4th and then got knocked out in the 5th.

This is a very different David Haye now.

For all the chuntering about it not going the distance I actually think Haye's best chance is a points win. If he's clever and bangs and moves for 12 rounds I can't see Valuev getting near him.

Having said that Hollyfield "beat" Valuev on points by some margin and Valuev still got the decision.