Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

David vs Goliath

124»

Comments

• Options
    sorry offit, only got it for the last 5 rounds
  • Options
    No worries Mike, was only joking.

One of the links earlier up the thread was the Sky commentary, but it went kaput on me so switched to the bosch link.
  • Options
    every link i got lasted 1-2 rounds, then died. Got to see about half of it, looked a dire fight from what i see.
  • Options
    bang on mate,didnt want to say it,because people will start moaning,retreated all through fight got beat by 3 rounds in most peoples cards,but thankfully money talks and haye gets the nod,dire
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]bang on mate,didnt want to say it,because people will start moaning,retreated all through fight got beat by 3 rounds in most peoples cards,but thankfully money talks and haye gets the nod,dire

Not sure about Haye being beaten by three rounds, BBC radio commentary had him ahead by between 2-3 rounds. Was a dire fight, one man plodding forward and the other staying away as much as possible. I suspect Haye will find a real heavy weight header to deal with.
  • Options
    Haye impressed me for 2 possibly 3 rounds. I thought both were very poor, however I personally didn't think Haye did enough to take the belt. At the end of the day if it was close to call I personally would have looked at Haye's generally aggression to take the belt and think it was pretty poor. However post match stuff Haye claimed he broke his hand in the 2nd round so maybe he had to fight like this for a reason!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]bang on mate,didnt want to say it,because people will start moaning,retreated all through fight got beat by 3 rounds in most peoples cards,but thankfully money talks and haye gets the nod,dire

No way was Haye behind by 3 rounds, I thought it was close but thought Haye had done enough.
  • Options
    Jim Watt was driving me up the wall. Like a stuck record........"can you win a round by landing 4-5 punches?".......yes you can Jim when the freak you are fighting lands none. As the judges showed (thankfully) you don't give a bloke points because he waddles forward punching thin air for 12 rounds.

This was nevergoing to be a classic. If Haye had walked forward he would have been giving the fight to Valuev. Haye had a clever game plan and got Valuev very very frustrated. Valuev's face at the end was a picture. You know he was just "assuming" he'd get another close decision. He didn't deserve it and hopefully he won't get anywhere near a title shot again.

If it is true that he broke his hand in the 2nd, then fair play to him.

Personally thought he made Valuev look stupid. Would love to see the stats for punches thrown and landed by Valuev. He spent the whole night puching thin air.

Whatever anyone thinks about the scoring, this can only be good for boxing. Valuev's fights are the same every time. Haye vs Ruiz will be a good match up. Having watched Ruiz on the undercard I'd say that Haye has very good opportunity to go on and dominate the division.
  • Options
    Well done David. Can only beat whats put in front of you.
  • Options
    good news for boxing haye winning ruiz will be a little harder i reckon but with hometown support should win all the sky panel reckoned haye lost by a couple watt knows hes boxing and seems spot on most times shame he has a non boxer in darke giving hes nonsense views next to him>
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I thought he did well - kept out of trouble, continually got his right hook over and around the freak's left guard and showed great fitness.

Only just got into this streaming thing - great to be able to watch it on the laptop.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Can't believe how many people think Haye will win.

If i was a betting man, everything would be going on the Wooly Mammouth tomorrow

Good job you didn't bet then -;
  • Options
    First time I've ever seen valuev dazed... Solid combo and I honestly thought it was over with a minute left! Great weaving and counter punching by haye - deserved victory
  • Options
    Haye could never go into that and trade with the bloke.

He boxed well, only got caught twice and almost put Valuev on his arse in the 12th. First time I've seen George Groves fight although I've heard good stuff about him and he was a good amateur.

Mayweather wins all his fights by standing off and not getting hit and counter-punching.

I thought it was a good fight in that it was a very tense fight, not exciting but tense and the way I saw it Haye's punches were landing and Valuevs weren't
  • Options
    If anyone has trouble sleeping, it's all on here with a german commentary. How you can win a world title landing an average of one scoring punch per round is completely beyond me. I guess that's why I don't bother with boxing anymore

Boring Boring Boring Boring
  • Options
    Leroy said:
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]your view on the haye fight leroy?
    Thought it was the dullest title fight I've ever seen. Pretty impossible to see how Haye won it, but then again Valuev spent almost 12 rounds throwing punches at mid-air. Someone's clearly had a word with the two judges who gave it to Haye though - and at least it means that future heavyweight title fights will be more exciting - Haye v Klitschko (either of them), Haye v Ruiz (who I don't rate but will at least throw some punches). You'll probably have seen it differently (as you always seem to!)
  • Options
    had a game plan and stuck to it. didnt let his heart take over. maybe if hatton had a cool head like Hayes then he might have done a bit better.

How people can say he didnt do enough to win the fight i don't know. ok he maybe only landed 2 punches each round but that's double what valuev was landing. you could have called it even up to the last round. but haye knocked him about in the last. I truly believe that haye could have knocked him down earlier if he went in with a few windmills.

I enjoyed it and am over the moon for the geezer. showed his speed and power.
  • Options
    how i saw it leroy,you no your boxing.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]how i saw it leroy,you no your boxing.
    LOL - coming from you that's high praise indeed - you were singing different lyrics last year :)
  • Options
    i was wrong,thats what i thought about it,money talks,well done to haye but he got lucky.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I thought it was dire too and i dont know my boxing.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]I thought it was dire too and i dont know my boxing.

You're more a WWF kinda Girl.
  • Options
    watched it and called correct prediction, although do feel could have gone either way with a few rounds 50/50.

Haye did deserve to win and went about it the only wat he could of, valuev couldnt even hit him! what an amazing result i was buzzing after this

However looking back i wonder what odds i would have got, but didnt wanna as just wanted to enjoy the fight. wasnt the best of fights but if it had couple more rounds i gurantee haye would have knocjed that big lump out.

Haye is so fast for a heavyweight he will be a hard one to beat, next fight klitchko i reckon which will be a different kettle of fish altogether

ONE DAVID HAYE, THERES ONLY ONE DAVID HAYE, WALKING ALONG SINGING A SONG, WALKING IN A HAYE WONDERLAND

GET IN!!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]Haye could never go into that and trade with the bloke.

He boxed well, only got caught twice and almost put Valuev on his arse in the 12th. First time I've seen George Groves fight although I've heard good stuff about him and he was a good amateur.

Mayweather wins all his fights by standing off and not getting hit and counter-punching.

I thought it was a good fight in that it was a very tense fight, not exciting but tense and the way I saw it Haye's punches were landing and Valuevs weren't
    exactly loved it very tense and to see how dizzy valuev got was brilliant to laugh at
  • Options
    It was confirmed that Haye broke his hand in the 2nd round. So you have to say it was a great win, with one hand.
  • Options
    Boxing is just not what it was, especially Heavyweights. Thank goodness I saw Tyson at his best during the late 80's.
    Also a pleasure to have seen the great Middleweight years in the 80's of Leonard, Haglar, Hearnes and Duran etc... Ok all on TV , but quality years.