Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

David vs Goliath

Comments

• Options
    Haye to win in the 9th
  • Options
    i dont buy into the size thig much. its not like a man fighting a boy. 12 or so inches pfffff.
    seriously tho ive had fights with people alot bigger than me and erm lost. but thats not the point i could have won.
    id better slow down on the pre fight beers!
  • Options
    Anyone know if you can Sky+ box office as I'm out tonight but was hoping to watch it when I got in?
  • Options
    yes
  • Options
    Cheers pal
  • Options
    you shouldnt be going out anyway. :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: carlsberg[/cite]i dont buy into the size thig much. its not like a man fighting a boy. 12 or so inches pfffff.
    seriously tho ive had fights with people alot bigger than me and erm lost. but thats not the point i could have won.
    id better slow down on the pre fight beers!

And 7 stone difference. He ways 50% more than Haye !

Haye might knock him down if he hides some lead weights in his gloves :-)
  • Options
    Goliath to batter him into a pulp by round 5
  • Options
    Not sure if the quality is as good when recording off box office though cause of all the encryption.
  • Options
    Right

Valuev is massive yes, but he was easily beaten by John Ruiz and Evander Holyfield and got two of the most bent decisions I have ever witnessed.

If anyone thinks Valuev is in the same league boxing-wise as Haye then there is something wrong with you. He is big and strong and hard to hurt because of this.

Joe Calzaghe for the last four years of his career had hardly any power in his shots but totally out-boxed (landed more clean shots) everyone, being a KO monster doesn't mean you are a better fighter than the man who regularly goes 12 rounds just that you are in possesion of a massive punch.

I watched Chris Perry out-jump Peter Crouch in 2005 at the Valley and there is a smilar size difference there.

As Long as Haye does not let Valuev spoil, which is all Valuev has, then he will win. Whether it be via stoppage or points there are a lot of eyes on this one so the judging SHOULD be fairer.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I havr got £20 on haye in the 7th

Saw a couple of the beasts fights on telly last night, he is just way too slow.
    Fingers crossed that haye has the power to really go at his stomach
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]David-Haye-Nikolai-Valuev-001.jpg

Looks like Jorge Costa v Kevin Lisbie
  • Options
    Anyone come across a streamed link yet - what time is fight likely to actually start ?
  • Options
    What is X factor?
  • Options
    Impressed with George Groves on the Haye undercard
  • Options
    now not found a stream yet
  • Options
    http://upload9.99k.org/

this link works
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2009
    Hay wins 2-0, 3 judges 1 makes it even
  • Options
    Get in. Deserved it.
  • Options
    Well neither Jim thought he'd done enough.

Good luck to the lad - he had 7 stone weight deficit and he boxed as he had to.
  • Options
    Weren't the most exciting fight, was it?

Still, German commentary didn't help!
  • Options
    i had an awesome link, english commentary as well
  • Options
    Thanks for posting it up Mike!
  • Options
    Thanks for the link.
    Great result, although I did feel sorry for the big guy. How can you train for a fight when you know the other guy will be doing something special every time they fight you. You know that they wont be boxing thier normal fight!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]Well neither Jim thought he'd done enough.

Good luck to the lad - he had 7 stone weight deficit and he boxed as he had to.

Thing is if hed taken the risk and fought his normal fight and got put on his arse they would be saying he should have boxed clever. Hard to go toe to toe with someone of that size although when he wobbled him in the last round looked like he probably would have done even better had he fought his normal attacking style. Said he bust his right hand in the second which slowed him down a bit.

Fair play to him for even getting in the ring against that fella and he kept his discipline.
  • Options
    He thought a clever fight. Haye was never going to go out dropping bombs on the guy, the risks were too big. When he fights someone more his size, then we'll see good fights....
  • Options
    well done haye,thought like most he lost,but who cares