Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Best UK Holiday Destination Is...

Following the Michael MacIntyre / Chris Dickson / Phil Parkinson poll I invite you all to nominate your favourite place in the UK - even if it is too expensive to go there on Holiday! - For me it is The Lake District, closely followed by The Peak District and then Bournemouth.

Comments

• Options
    Lake District:
    Especially Burneside & Kendal.

and The I.O.W:
    Sandown & Shanklin.
  • Options
    For a holiday Canterbury best place in the UK obviously is SE 7.
  • Options
    Caister ....
  • Options
    Southwold.
  • Options
    Northwich on a sunny november weekend
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: The Vics[/cite]Northwich on a sunny november weekend

Well see if you can compete with the so called garden of England Kent (were i am now based) lol you wouldnt belive it got that name if you ever visited Margate :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]

Well see if you can compete with the so called garden of England Kent (were i am now based) lol you wouldnt belive it got that name if you ever visited Margate :-)

Or Dartford, Crayford, Erith.... Anyone seen the 'Garden of England' sign outside the dump on Thames Road?
  • Options
    The Valley
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]

Or Dartford, Crayford, Erith.... Anyone seen the 'Garden of England' sign outside the dump on Thames Road?

Yep thats very amusing welcome to Kent :-). Well talking of Kent who saw that discrace of a town we played at 2 weeks ago erm were was it now...........................

o thats it GILLINGHAM garden of England my left foot.
  • Options
    Cornwall. just got back from a week there and it was stunning, especially st ives and st michael's mount.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: billy cotton[/cite]Cornwall. just got back from a week there and it was stunning, especially st ives and st michael's mount.

Yea parents have friends in Lyme Regis which i think is Cornwall either way its that way and is very nice i agree.
  • Options
    Dorset, Devon and Cornwall all lovely. South Wales has brilliant beaches. IOW good too but mainly because I get free holidays there!

If Kent is the Garden of England, then Gillingham is the compost heap in the corner :-)
  • Options
    Barnsley - First class meat and potato pies
  • Options
    Yea true Wilma lol another laugh out load at work comment but dont know weather anyone had to go through Chatham atall that and Margate really are the worst places in the world lol.
  • Options
    Plenty of beautiful places in the UK.

The Northumberland coast has some lovely spots and (at least when I've been there) has the added merit of not getting too crowded. Wales has lovely beaches as does Cornwall as already mentioned. I also like the North Devon Coastline. Inland the North Yorkshire Moors take a lot of beating particularly if you find a nice pub serving a decent pint of proper bitter. (I realise bitter is a minority drink nowadays and Eurofizz lager is the drink of choice for many).
  • Options
    I have herd the Yorkshire dales are ment to be lush also Wales North and South is ment to have some really nice spots so i have been told i have only been there for football purposes so not sure but have been told theree are lovely parts of Wales. Lets just all agree this country as a whole is the best in the world :-)
  • Options
    Leysdown on Sea...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: billy cotton[/cite]Cornwall. just got back from a week there and it was stunning, especially st ives and st michael's mount.

Yea parents have friends in Lyme Regis which i think is Cornwall either way its that way and is very nice i agree.

It's in Dorset.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]Leysdown on Sea is an armpit...

I finished your sentence for you

used to go when I was a kid and it seemed awesome - went about 10 years ago and it was epically pants

my faves are Cornwall or up near Loch Ness
  • Options
    Living in the middle of the fens it would have to be somewhere with hills...

Probably the lake district, followed by the Scottish highlands finished of with north Wales (Three peaks challenge anyone?)

Thought the train journey from Newcastle to Carlisle at the weekend went through some stunning countryside, shame about the bone shaker train!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Witton.
  • Options
    Living in a holiday destination I suppose I also see the worst of it as well i.e. crowds, drunks, traffic, litter, etc but when all you grockles have gone home it's still a lovely place to live, by and large. Quite like the winters down here as the beach is often empty and the waves are crashing in.

Lots of nice places mentioned above (exc Gillingham) but Cornwall's especially lovely IMO.
  • Options
    Cornwall - just come back from South of Liskeard...........beautiful fishing, walking,shooting, cycling etc

Isle of Wight also remarkably nice in the Summer.
  • Options
    Isle of Skye, especially the bit near the Talisker distillery!
  • Options
    Weymouth or Maplethorpe
  • Options
    Just about anywhere in Devon or Cornwall - take your pick.
  • Options
    the tin mines and anything else in Cornwall, black gang chine IOW...............
  • Options
    It's Embra, despite all the snooty poofs. :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Riscardo[/cite]Caister ....

Did you go?
  • Options
    Haven't seen enough of England proper to comment comprehensively, but almost anywhere in Scotland qualifies in my books, and I loved Snowdonia. We've also really enjoyed our visits to both (London)derry and Belfast (really!)...

I suppose it depends on what one wants from a holiday!