Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Best UK Holiday Destination Is...

Comments

• Options
    St James Park Exeter
  • Options
    Inverliver, Loch Awe, Argyllshire.
  • Options
    Herm Island
  • Options
    The East Sussex South Downs is a home from home for me these days, and it has some beautful villages, walks and countryside.

The Lake District is beautiful and I do like Kent around Tenterden, Biddenden way.

But to be honest after being away for 6 years - a day out in London suits me just fine. The best city in the world.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Riscardo[/cite]Caister ....

I guess it might be OK in the summer or if you're into those weekender thingies, but we went last autumn and it was horrible. I think its a place where you need the weather - there was nothing to do on the many shitty days we had. I won't be rushing back and that's a fact.
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: billy cotton[/cite]Cornwall. just got back from a week there and it was stunning, especially st ives and st michael's mount.

I'd go for Dorset too. Beautiful, especially Durdle Door. Also worth a look is Somerset loads of places to see and things to do. But avoid Weston which is a real blot on the landscape.

Yea parents have friends in Lyme Regis which i think is Cornwall either way its that way and is very nice i agree.

It's in Dorset.

I'd go for Dorset too. Especially Durdle Door, it's beautiful. I also rate Somerset; loads of places to see and things to do. Avoid Weston though, which is a real blot on the landscape.
  • Options
    The Airport !
  • Options
    Oggy land defo!
  • Options
    Dungeness has a strange beauty about it, weird place, but fascinating. The area is technically the UK's only desert. FACT.
  • Options
    Strange county is our Kent...some very depressing areas it must be said....but there are some of the most beautifull places too and statisticly the weather is probably the best in the country.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Steve Dowman[/cite]Dungeness has a strange beauty about it, weird place, but fascinating. The area is technically the UK's only desert. FACT.

And of course Steve, it has fish & chips at The Pilot(the best I've ever had)....Mmmmm just the thought makes the belly rumble.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    North Norfolk coast from Hunstanton down to Sheringham
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Steve Dowman[/cite]Dungeness has a strange beauty about it, weird place, but fascinating. The area is technically the UK's only desert. FACT.

And of course Steve, it has fish & chips at The Pilot(the best I've ever had)....Mmmmm just the thought makes the belly rumble.

The best fish & chips bar none.
  • Options
    I love living by the Thames in Kent. I had two pals stay the weekend, one from Cardiff Bay the other from The Borders & they were gobsmacked at how beautiful & tranquil it was especially so close to the Smoke. For holidays, got to be North Wales for me. Its got everything, i love it. & the men are gorgeous dispite what someone on here thinks ;-)
  • Options
    warden Point --- was very young the family had several caravans down there-- thinking back not sure if it was really a holiday destination or a young offenders prison ?

nan had a huge bungaloo in Broadstairs,loved going there-- still has an old world sorta feel to it even now.

The Channel Islands are nice . Been to Jersy a good few times as a kid--and with the school and with the wife loved all the visits. Gersey is also worth a look.

Cornwall once went there many moons back on a steam train over night -- great fun.

Many great places in UK ---- if the sun had his hat on a bit more why go elsewhere ?
  • Options
    Highlands and Islands of Scotland without a doubt - some of the finest scenery in the world. If that's too far away them Pembrokeshire is next best - like Cornwall without all the crowds in Summer.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]warden Point --- was very young the family had several caravans down there-- thinking back not sure if it was really a holiday destination or a young offenders prison ?

I owned a caravan at Warden Point in the late 80's early 90's. Great when the kids were young, used to love weekends down there. I think it's a Havens camp now very crowded!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]North Norfolk coast from Hunstanton down to Sheringham

That will be my holiday next summer.

Best place for a holiday in UK is obviously London but otherwise Cornwall.
  • Options
    Bournemouth!
  • Options
    Shetland Islands, Orkney Islands, The Hebrides, Scilly Isles - or anywhere with lots of bracing wind and far horizons which is as different from London as possible, although it's always nice to come back to the world's greatest city despite all its imperfections.
  • Options
    Was in North Devon a few weeks back. Beautiful part of the world. For a long weekend break I would probably choose the Cotswold over most places. Only a couple of hours by car & some great boozers. Particular like Stow-on-the-wold & the little villages around there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: stop shouting[/cite]Was in North Devon a few weeks back. Beautiful part of the world. For a long weekend break I would probably choose the Cotswold over most places. Only a couple of hours by car & some great boozers. Particular like Stow-on-the-wold & the little villages around there.

Great shout. Bourton on the Water is idyllic.
  • Options
    The Isle of Iona, if you like very peaceful locations.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: KBslittlesis[/cite]I love living by the Thames in Kent
    Do you really live in Charlton?
  • Options
    Thought you knew Creepy? It is you with the bino's i see when i draw back the curtains every morn? ;-)
  • Options
    SW England ... particularly Dartmoor
  • Options
    I love many places in the UK for holidays

Snowdonia, Lake District and NW Scotland are beautiful with wonderful mountains.
    Gower Peninsular has the best beaches in the world.
    Also love Cornwall, Devon, Studland, Southwold - and NW Kent!
    Edinburgh and Brighton are great for a weekend.
  • Options
    I love holidaying in the UK.

Love the Highlands, the Cotswolds and the Coastal areas.

I particularly like Dorset, Devon and Cornwall. Ziggy's Fish and Chips in Brixham Harbour are legendary, as are the Pasties from the Dorset Pasty Shop in Lyme Regis. In fact I got mugged in Lyme Regis by a Seagull which had it away with half a pasty, took it out of my hand in flight and that I was really enjoying at the time.
  • Options
    Luskintyre on the west coast of the Isle of Harris has, imo, the best beach anywhere in the UK.

It was exactly like this when I was last there.

Luskentyre%20Beach.jpg
  • Options
    Gatwick or Stansted having a beer & knowing in 2 hours you will be in Spain enjoying wall to wall sunshine .....
  • Options
    Sound your earlier comments about Kent i find so close to the truth about the place i am taken aback were you born here lol. Anyway your right mate some really depressing place here in Kent Folkestone, Dover and Margate all fine specimins of shite towns but then you have Canterbury and Maidstone which are both nice and the weather commment is correct too its is a lil microclemer if you know what i mean some days we are the only ones who have any sun :-)